• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
ceramic coating cost over a grand. Its great if you live in a apartment and can't hand wash regularly but if you wash your car regularly and wax least once a year you don't need it imo. If you're not planning to keep your car 10+ years wouldn't bother with ppf or ceramic. Its money you'll never get back.
There is a 8-10 year formula. I have to disagree as it makes washing soooo much easier and can just blow dry the water right off.
Sponsored

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
Does anyone have strong thoughts or knowledge on ceramic coatings? I'm trying to educate myself as much as possible so my expectations are realistic and I understand the benefits. I'm basically looking at this like a stronger wax. Any thoughts on wheel coverage or windshield coverage?
Its a hydrophobic layer meaning that it makes it so that its really hard for water to adhere to your car. It makes life so much easier when you are washing your car because you wont get water spots as easily. Its worth it imo, I hate having to use my leaf blower or rapidly drying off the car before it air dries when washing. Its worth it imo. I wish I got it on my GT350 before I did the PPF.

Idk how much the wheels cost but they arent carbon fiber so I wouldn't stress about it. Same with the windshield but thats just my opinion.

Last edited:

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
There is a 8-10 year formula. I have to disagree as it makes washing soooo much easier and can just blow dry the water right off.
it takes me an hour to wash my GTI and I don't have to pay the 1-3k for ceramics and ppf. Like I said if you keep your car long term as in 10+ years. I flip my cars about every 3 years to try something new, why pay for something you'll never recoup.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
it takes me an hour to wash my GTI and I don't have to pay the 1-3k for ceramics and ppf. Like I said if you keep your car long term as in 10+ years. I flip my cars about every 3 years to try something new, why pay for something you'll never recoup.
Agree to disagree but I plan to keep mine more than 3 years and do prewash, top down double bucket wash w intensive wheel clean and the coating makes it sooo much easier.

I would not PPF anything but the rare keeper, a la the type R.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
A friend of mine ceramic coated my previous car because I sent him some business.

My car had such a gloss or shine to it. I ended up selling the car tona coworker and it still looks so shiny.

It would rain and my car was clean. I can't explain it but I'm fairly certain my next car will get this.

I like the film in the front but I can't see me doing the entire car.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Agree to disagree but I plan to keep mine more than 3 years and do prewash, top down double bucket wash w intensive wheel clean and the coating makes it sooo much easier.

I would not PPF anything but the rare keeper, a la the type R.
hey its your money, you can do what you like with it. Never had a ceramic car and never had a problem washing or paint not beading.

CTR604

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No cars
I would do ppf first to the front end (front bumper, headlights, hood, mirrors) and then do ceramic coating after. I did both to my 4Runner and it was like new even after several years.

Kyofu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3 GT
Whichever new car I get (FL5 being the top choice), I plan on getting PPF for at least a full frontal (bumper, hood, front fenders). Hate the look of partial PPF where you can see the line. I would also plan on keeping my next car for 10+ years so its an investment to reduce damage on the most wear prone parts of the car.

I can see the appeal of a ceramic coating instead of PPF if its not a daily driver. As a daily driver I'm more worried about rock chips and wear&tear than I am about how easy it is to clean.

If you're only keeping the car 3 years, then I'd say don't bother investing that kind of money. It would be cheaper to pay for a full detail if you're worried about keeping it pristine before selling.

At the end of the day its really just personal preference.

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
Guys, please for the love of GOD do NOT pay someone to ceramic coat ur cars. FUcking DIY it, its pretty idiot proof and just takes a few hours to prep. The actual product only Costs like $150 bucks with application materials etc.

Hands downs the BEST buy, I've DIYED it on 4 of my last cars. Makes keeping it clean and washing SOOOO much easier and looks amazing.

https://adamspolishes.com/collections/ceramics-graphene-graphene-ceramic-coating™/products/graphene-ceramic-coating™-advanced

If you know how to wash, wax, seal, decontam and remove iron & deposits you can Ceramic coat your own cars. Paying $1k+ for multiple coats outside is legit retarded even if you have the $$.

ESP if the car is BRAND NEW u don't have to prep much, just wash and spot correct any paint correction and put on 2 coats. Last u 5 years if u maintain it properly.

Hell I've even PPF'ed my last 3 cars with they help of 1 friend. Not that difficult.

Last edited:

BrightCoastingRide

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Guys, please for the life of GOD do NOT pay someone to ceramic coat ur cars. FUcking DIY it, its pretty idiot proof and just takes a few hours to prep. The actual product only Costs like $150 bucks with application materials etc.

Hands downs the BEST buy, I've DIYED it on 4 of my last cars. Makes keeping it clean and washing SOOOO much easier and looks amazing.

https://adamspolishes.com/collections/ceramics-graphene-graphene-ceramic-coating™/products/graphene-ceramic-coating™-advanced

If you know how to wash, wax, seal, decontam and remove iron & deposits you can Ceramic coat your own cars. Paying $1k+ for multiple coats outside is legit retarded even if you have the $$.

ESP if the car is BRAND NEW u don't have to prep much, just wash and spot correct any paint correction and put on 2 coats. Last u 5 years if u maintain it properly.

Hell I've even PPF'ed my last 3 cars with they help of 1 friend. Not that difficult.
Do you have a favorite guide that you used to point others too? would be interested in DIYing this myself in the future.

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
Do you have a favorite guide that you used to point others too? would be interested in DIYing this myself in the future.
My best advice is to do it with a friend, have someone sanity check your work and look for high spots etc.

Adams direct DIY instructions:

Pan the organizer (the best in the business in terms of education):

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
hey its your money, you can do what you like with it. Never had a ceramic car and never had a problem washing or paint not beading.
If you are handy, you can PPF (front end) + Ceramic your car for under $700 all in. Just need a friend and a willingness to learn.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Beware of partial ppf as when it gets removed several years or a decade later, the paint under will likely no longer match the non ppf section due to exposure. I highly recommend a full or no ppf at all.