Sponsored

Rotor and Pads Suggestions

Abdullah.12

New Member
First Name
Abdullah
Joined
Aug 14, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
Saudi Arabia
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
I’m looking to upgrade my rotors and pads to withstand spirited driving and light track use. What are the budget options to get for the FL5?
I’m trying to get better oem alternatives that won’t break the bank and offer more braking power and longevity.
Sponsored

 

CG13

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2024
Threads
6
Messages
150
Reaction score
170
Location
Houston
Vehicle(s)
2024 FL5 Civic Type R
You won’t need upgraded rotors for spirited driving and light track use.

Paragon P3 pads with titanium shims worked well for me until heavy track use caused me to upgrade to AP Racing rotors and calipers with Ferodo pads.
 

Nothing

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2023
Threads
3
Messages
267
Reaction score
171
Location
California
Vehicle(s)
2023 CW FL5 #5044
Search the pad thread, and use the search bar for the rest of the pads, rotors, and brake fluids. You will need cooling upgrades before you need rotors.
 

CG13

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2024
Threads
6
Messages
150
Reaction score
170
Location
Houston
Vehicle(s)
2024 FL5 Civic Type R
Search the pad thread, and use the search bar for the rest of the pads, rotors, and brake fluids. You will need cooling upgrades before you need rotors.
Agreed on fluids. I have used Castrol SRF for years- one flush per year— without issue.
 

nttran98

Senior Member
First Name
Nhan
Joined
Apr 29, 2022
Threads
3
Messages
214
Reaction score
111
Location
US
Vehicle(s)
2026 FL5
I’m looking to upgrade my rotors and pads to withstand spirited driving and light track use. What are the budget options to get for the FL5?
I’m trying to get better oem alternatives that won’t break the bank and offer more braking power and longevity.
If Oem hat + rotor ring -> SPD rotor seems pretty well priced. If not, Just find some rotor off of rockauto that suits your driving style. Pads, i I did some research and the thing is the pads are almost entirely subjective when it comes to feel and no one is really doing and back-to-back-to-back copmparison yet so youre kind kinda have to take what the internet says they are.
Sponsored

 
 







Top