• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

RV6 K20C2 Downpipe confirmed fitment

fl2.0na

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FL2, 2014 GK5 sold, 1996 DC2 sold :(
K20C2 guys, chiming in to confirm fitment for @RV6 downpipe. Install was a breeze, plenty of room to work with in the engine bay. Installation time was around an hour and I was taking my time. I won’t go into detail on the install as there are a million 10th gen how to’s for this and the 11th is essentially the same. I will say a breaker bar will make your life easier. Also be sure to NOT to over torque the 2 nuts and bolts at the exhaust port on the head, stripping those will make you hate life (I know from working on Bseries engines in the past ?). Also, do NOT initially tighten the support bracket on the lower portion of the downpipe. Leave it loosely hand tightened, line everything up and then you can cinch everything down at the end. There’s a few Youtube installs that neglected to do this and didn’t end up using the support bracket, note that not using the bracket is not recommended by RV6 and you’ll get a nice reminder about that from the label RV6 attaches to the downpipe.

Onto fitment. Zero issues, bolted right up perfect fit. Plenty of clearance after the downpipe is mounted, you shouldn’t have anything close to rubbing on it to cause any rattling issues or unwanted noises. The only noise you should hear after installation is a welcomed sportier exhaust note.

As for CEL’s I can’t confirm any but judging from the 10th gen forum you may or may not throw code P0139. RV6 does include a defouler. I have disabled codes P0420 and P0139 using Ktuner. If you don’t have a Ktuner you’ll just need to play around with the defouler spacing which RV6 can help you with. There’s also many threads on the 10th gen forum.

Performance is nice, it will make you grin. The car has really opened up and sings nicely throughout the entire powerband now. Noticeably more low and mid range pep and when VTEC opens up it purrs…or roars rather. Accompanying engine mods are modified intake manifold (10th gen forum has info regarding this), AEM filter element and Ktuner. I plan to get the front pipe, mid pipe and muffler section fabricated with a full stainless v-band setup then will bring it in for a custom tune, hopefully by summer.

All in all, the downpipe is money well spent IMO. Happy to answer any questions pertaining to installation.

11th Gen Honda Civic RV6 K20C2 Downpipe confirmed fitment 1D2A0D4B-CC26-4EE9-9684-FE424F602B55

11th Gen Honda Civic RV6 K20C2 Downpipe confirmed fitment BA7E29F0-4907-48F0-B4C3-FD51705E5454

11th Gen Honda Civic RV6 K20C2 Downpipe confirmed fitment 3348B70F-8740-4F1E-BC66-17D7F49944A6

11th Gen Honda Civic RV6 K20C2 Downpipe confirmed fitment 94FF47A5-FE0C-495D-A524-47C10D60AB2E

11th Gen Honda Civic RV6 K20C2 Downpipe confirmed fitment E03DA3F4-F5CF-4D25-9383-D7228578EFF2

11th Gen Honda Civic RV6 K20C2 Downpipe confirmed fitment 7E906BF5-3932-4B86-B56E-5D92F2FBCF4C
Sponsored

jack.

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Do you have any sound clips with the stock exhaust?

WhosClunk

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2017 EX CVT
@fl2.0na
What exactly did you do to your intake manifold?
Any updates on your build?
I have a 2017 2.0… but I have the catless RV6 downpipe paired with an aFe intake and custom tune. I also plan on getting the front to mid section custom fabricated aswell as a retune but I was wondering what else I could do for power

OP
OP
fl2.0na

fl2.0na

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@fl2.0na
What exactly did you do to your intake manifold?
Any updates on your build?
I have a 2017 2.0… but I have the catless RV6 downpipe paired with an aFe intake and custom tune. I also plan on getting the front to mid section custom fabricated aswell as a retune but I was wondering what else I could do for power
Manifold porting info can be found here:
https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/significant-gains-from-manifold-porting.6452/
I just used a Dremel. Cutout the restrictors then smoothed everything out. I smoothed out the individual intake runners as well.

No big updates. I've added Magical Racing side view mirrors, front splitter & throttle pedal spacer. I've also taken out the intake resonator and am running a DIY ram air pipe from my foglight opening directly to the OEM airbox. IAT temps dropped pretty good after this, currently 5-10 degrees over ambient temp at speed and 10-20 degrees over ambient during normal street driving. Previous IAT were double+ those number. I haven't done the coolant line bypass yet on the TB, probably will just leave that stock. Have you tried contacting 4p for head porting? After you do the front pipe + mid pipe that's really the next step if you are yearning for more. I don't think anyone is running a K20c2 ported head AFAIK.

I'm prepping the car for a few track days later this year, haven't touched anything else engine wise as that's my last priority currently. 2 way coilovers and BBK will go on within the next week or two. Fresh alignment with more front camber, fresh track rubber and it'll be set for the time being. I should start a build thread soon lol, probably after I install everything!

WhosClunk

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2017 EX CVT
Manifold porting info can be found here:
https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/significant-gains-from-manifold-porting.6452/
I just used a Dremel. Cutout the restrictors then smoothed everything out. I smoothed out the individual intake runners as well.

No big updates. I've added Magical Racing side view mirrors, front splitter & throttle pedal spacer. I've also taken out the intake resonator and am running a DIY ram air pipe from my foglight opening directly to the OEM airbox. IAT temps dropped pretty good after this, currently 5-10 degrees over ambient temp at speed and 10-20 degrees over ambient during normal street driving. Previous IAT were double+ those number. I haven't done the coolant line bypass yet on the TB, probably will just leave that stock. Have you tried contacting 4p for head porting? After you do the front pipe + mid pipe that's really the next step if you are yearning for more. I don't think anyone is running a K20c2 ported head AFAIK.

I'm prepping the car for a few track days later this year, haven't touched anything else engine wise as that's my last priority currently. 2 way coilovers and BBK will go on within the next week or two. Fresh alignment with more front camber, fresh track rubber and it'll be set for the time being. I should start a build thread soon lol, probably after I install everything!
I haven’t contacted them, but as k20c2 owners we should try and ask more companies for support, I mean there is a market with the new civic having the same engine and all. What does a TB coolant delete actually do? You should start a build thread sounds interesting. Also is yours a 6speed? As far as mods, I have BC Coils, SPC Camber Arms, RV6 no lift kit, whiteline rsb, accord endlinks, Rv6 catless dp, aFe intake, high flow grille, custom tune vtec @4300 redline 7200, cvt aswell.

DeviNoles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic LX Platinum White Pearl
Any more updates on this beast? I really want to see your fabricated section. When is your turbo coming? 😂 👀

I have the same AEM filter element, it's worth it. I was on the fence about an Rv6 dp / ktune but you've sold me with this thread. Following.

OP
OP
fl2.0na

fl2.0na

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any more updates on this beast? I really want to see your fabricated section. When is your turbo coming? 😂 👀

I have the same AEM filter element, it's worth it. I was on the fence about an Rv6 dp / ktune but you've sold me with this thread. Following.
[/QUO
Zero plans for turbo lol. Working on suspension/brake upgrades at the moment then will address the full exhaust later.

tholemu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX Coupe
The RV6 downpipe did end up making the mid-range and top-end on my K20C2 open up quite a bit. With the AEM intake, it has begun to sound more like the beast I recall from the older GSR and Type R B-series. Still wish there were a good set of cams available, though... Maybe someday someone will come up with a turbo kit and guidelines for tuning. Til then, I'm curious to hear about which direction you go with the exhaust. Ideally, the stock exhaust just needs to be opened up slightly.

OP
OP
fl2.0na

fl2.0na

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The RV6 downpipe did end up making the mid-range and top-end on my K20C2 open up quite a bit. With the AEM intake, it has begun to sound more like the beast I recall from the older GSR and Type R B-series. Still wish there were a good set of cams available, though... Maybe someday someone will come up with a turbo kit and guidelines for tuning. Til then, I'm curious to hear about which direction you go with the exhaust. Ideally, the stock exhaust just needs to be opened up slightly.
Sorry I don’t really keep up with these forums. Feel free to check my Instagram for updates @f.elle.deux

While I’m logged in though, the necessary items for a turbo “kit” are being developed by Stephen Dunne of AKD Performance with help from the legendary Myles Bautista. You supply your own turbo, AKD has the ECU and Manifold. Looks like ECU is ready to go and manifold is going through final phases of test fitting. Some good news regarding LSD as well, apparently any K series LSD will fit. All development is posted on the Honda Civic K20c2 10/11 Gen FB group. Very helpful and useful info there, zero ego’s.

Crower has cams available now. They are regrinds. 4p has stated they have cams but no release date yet.

I’ve gone with a custom exhaust from a local fabricator. 2.5” front pipe -> 2.5”-3” Megaphone Reverse Cone -> 3” Stainless Bros Resonator ->3” Renegade Motorsports muffler.

I’m still staying NA. Currently in the process of getting Intake Manifold and TB ported, then off to dyno tune. Also adding a few more chassis/suspension bits before next track day.

Any questions feel free to dm me on IG, thanks fellas ✌
Sponsored