• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

RV6 FK8 retrofit flywheel, and Exedy Stage 0 clutch installed.

DYI01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2019 Nissan Titan, 2017 Yamaha FZ10
My stock clutch was slipping in 4th gear with the Phearable 1.5R tune on map 3, on an otherwise stock car besides a drop in Sprint P-08 air filter. I decided to just limit myself to map 2 until I could get a new clutch installed. I just picked the car up from having the RV6 FK8 retrofit flywheel, FK8 Exedy stage 0 clutch, and PRL SS clutch line installed into my '22 Si. I had him put in AC Delco 10-4014 Synchromesh transmission fluid since it needed to be drained anyway. My installer said everything went in as it should without any hiccups. The clutch feels just a hair firmer, and the slip/engagement window to be a hair smaller. I think that's mostly due to the clutch line and not so much the clutch though. Overall feels very much like stock weight and feel just a tad sharper which I like. I'm gonna give the clutch an easy 600 mile break in on stock boost level before I start giving it the beans on map 3. I have a full PRL intercooler kit, and 27Won DP/FP to install sometime soon once I feel confident in the clutch.
Sponsored

ThunderPigeon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Crystal Black Pearl Civic SI
Looking forward to seeing how this works out, I am going to be needing a clutch upgrade myself.

jsocks014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Nissan Titan Pro-4x
Any input to add since install? Considering upgrading to a stage 2 with rv6 flywheel or competition stage 2 clutch package. Thanks!

OP
OP
DYI01

DYI01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any input to add since install? Considering upgrading to a stage 2 with rv6 flywheel or competition stage 2 clutch package. Thanks!
I'm still breaking in the clutch and have just over 500 easy miles on it so far. I've been running it on the Phearable 1.5R map1 until I hit 600 miles and I'll start giving it the beans. Nothing out of the ordinary to report.

I don't think going to a stage 2 is really worth it unless you really want a stiff clutch pedal. The stage0 OEM FK8 clutch has been proven to easily hold 400 ft. lbs. without issue. Your average big turbo, FBO, L15 will run out of fuel system before you get the clutch to slip. Past that you will need a port FI kit, PPG gear set, and a built block to get that OEM FK8 clutch to give up.

jsocks014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Nissan Titan Pro-4x
I'm still breaking in the clutch and have just over 500 easy miles on it so far. I've been running it on the Phearable 1.5R map1 until I hit 600 miles and I'll start giving it the beans. Nothing out of the ordinary to report.

I don't think going to a stage 2 is really worth it unless you really want a stiff clutch pedal. The stage0 OEM FK8 clutch has been proven to easily hold 400 ft. lbs. without issue. Your average big turbo, FBO, L15 will run out of fuel system before you get the clutch to slip. Past that you will need a port FI kit, PPG gear set, and a built block to get that OEM FK8 clutch to give up.
Appreciate the reply! Input that I’ve been wanting to hear. It’s my daily and have read stage 2 is sufficient for comfort but if it’s overkill, I don’t need to work harder for nothing. I plan to stick to FBO and a drop-in turbo to maintain as much reliability as I can driving 80-120 miles a day.

OP
OP
DYI01

DYI01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have just under 3k miles on the clutch currently without any issues. I've been running on the Phearable 1.5R map, and installed the PRL HV downpipe and front pipe. No clutch slippage and the car runs great. The car to chirps 3rd gear pretty hard on the stock all season tires.

axion_industries

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Fit Gk5 L15B7 swap, 2012 Civic Si
Let us know any questions you have, we offer both. We were the first to do a clutch on an 11th gen and full build the trans

ctreulieb

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si
Let us know any questions you have, we offer both. We were the first to do a clutch on an 11th gen and full build the trans
What else can I do to the trans to make sure it stays healthy and not break? Was thinking carbon synchros and amsoil and separate question is there an upgrade to the CMC?

axion_industries

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Fit Gk5 L15B7 swap, 2012 Civic Si
What else can I do to the trans to make sure it stays healthy and not break? Was thinking carbon synchros and amsoil and separate question is there an upgrade to the CMC?
Oem synchros are fine, not much you can do. We did the PPG 1-4 , LSD swap and a 2020 Si final drive as it has a different ratio
Sponsored