• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Seat Creaking

Mimzie2763

First Name
Parker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Toyota Supra Turbo 6MT, 2023 FL5
Has anyone had any issue with their drivers seat creaking? It’s mostly in the bolsters.
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack
Second or third person encountering this already? - Does Honda issue TSB’s?

Bsnyder6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, 2005 Wrangler
Mine started squeaking after 2 weeks. it's progressively gotten worse. Every slight movement makes noise

OP
OP

Mimzie2763

First Name
Parker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Toyota Supra Turbo 6MT, 2023 FL5
Mine started squeaking after 2 weeks. it's progressively gotten worse. Every slight movement makes noise
I guess I will be taking it in some time soon. Hopefully they find the problem

Bsnyder6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I guess I will be taking it in some time soon. Hopefully they find the problem
Got an appointment this weekend for mine. It seems to be the plastic around the adjustment handles. If I push on it..it seems to decrease the squeaking.

Bsnyder6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got an appointment this weekend for mine. It seems to be the plastic around the adjustment handles. If I push on it..it seems to decrease the squeaking.
Just an update. Had the car at the shop this morning. They've order a new inner frame. Seems like that's the common solution for all of our squeaky seats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si, 2000 Honda Civic LX
Mine squeaks and creaks on my Si. It took me a while to isolate the sound, as originally I thought it was the pedal box. Then I figured it was the steering wheel after messing around with the pedals and not replicating the sound. Finally came to the conclusion it was the seat, and pushing in the pedals and turning the steering wheel resulted in me shifting my weight.

I adjusted the seat to sit up higher, at the top of the range of motion, and pushed it back slightly to be more comfortable, and it’s disappeared entirely. Try adjusting the seat to sit higher off the floor, if only as a temporary fix while you get it officially repaired.
Sponsored