• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

side of windshield trim loose?

Stan23

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 FL5, 2002 AP1 S2000
I had Exoshield Windshield PPF installed today, and the tech tucked the film along all the rubber parts around the windshield. I noticed that the side of the windshield plastic pieces both top and bottom feel a bit loose--meaning, I can pull them up a few mm. Is that normal from Honda, or did the tech mess something up? Can you check your car?

Thanks!

11th Gen Honda Civic side of windshield trim loose? 20240307_163640_resized
Sponsored

RP2000R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 CTR, 21 Porsche Cayman GT4, 15 Lexus IS350 RWD
Usually once those pieces are removed or messed with they are never the same unless you buy new sets with all new clips. Ask the installer to take a look as they may have gotten damaged during install.

OP
OP
Stan23

Stan23

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 FL5, 2002 AP1 S2000
Usually once those pieces are removed or messed with they are never the same unless you buy new sets with all new clips. Ask the installer to take a look as they may have gotten damaged during install.
Thanks, but apparently on the fb group, this is normal from the factory as well. Can you check yours? You should be able to lift a mm or 2 like me if you pull the trim.