• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

OP
OP
TigerEyeJazz

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X2 M35i
Wow man. For a guy driving a BMW, you're obsessed with the 11th gen Civic. ;)
LoL I mean I’m an automotive enthusiast so yeah I love things like this. Plus I do also like helping as much as I can to other car brands but once I’m done with my lease I am planning to join the Acura brand whenever the ILX replacement Type-S comes out.
Sponsored

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Something of note looking at the recent all open pic. The hatch clears the roof fin (just barely) so in theory a roof spoiler *should* be possible if they choose to offer one. That’s good news in my book. This view also seems to visually confirm the hatch will remain shorter than the sedan with much less rear overhang (again, good news to me).

We can also see that this hatch is Aegean blue from the door sills

OP
OP
TigerEyeJazz

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X2 M35i
Something of note looking at the recent all open pic. The hatch clears the roof fin (just barely) so in theory a roof spoiler *should* be possible if they choose to offer one. That’s good news in my book. This view also seems to visually confirm the hatch will remain shorter than the sedan with much less rear overhang (again, good news to me).

We can also see that this hatch is Aegean blue from the door sills
Yes exactly. This is the exact same one that was spied a couple days ago up close. I think the roof spoiler will be an HPD accessory to buy at launch. It goes up right enough where the hatch could even have a wing and nothing like the accessory wing the current hatchback has.

SFerrusco

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si (Ktuner, K&N Intake)
Personally I'm a fan of the Si Coupes, too bad we won't be getting them anymore. But that new Hatchback is making me feel some type of way. :spaz:

OP
OP
TigerEyeJazz

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X2 M35i
Personally I'm a fan of the Si Coupes, too bad we won't be getting them anymore. But that new Hatchback is making me feel some type of way. :spaz:
Hatchback has that aspect of the previous Gen coupe that will make it a winner for current Coupe owners.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatchback has that aspect of the previous Gen coupe that will make it a winner for current Coupe owners.
Only minor thing I feel honda could've done to lean into the coupe facade a bit more with the hatch is hide the rear door handles, like they are on the HRV. Rather than have that pointless third window, make it black like the current hatch, add door handle. Give's even more of a coupe-like vibe to the side profile.

They also could've done rear suicide doors, like the old RX8 had. Make the front doors larger like a coupe, and smaller rearward opening back doors for back seat access, but I totally get that they're trying to part share as much between the sedan and hatch as possible.

I overlaid the patent images for both and they're literally exactly the same until you get aft of the shark fin where the hatch rear window slopes more dramatically. Doing that also shows that the hatch *should* remain about 4-5" shorter in length than the sedan also.

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
Those tail lights look great.

I hope the rear wing is not too ridiculous, cause on a car that’s much more conservative it can end up looking like someone slapped a wing and 20s on their beater Civic.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I actually like the taillight treatment on the yellow/orange rendering. It has kind of a retro flourish to it having the taillights and emblem all encased in the body width black plastic housing. Gives old school civic/crx vibes when they used to have the body width rectangle that housed the lights. I don't dislike the hatch rear lights as they will be, far better than the sedans, but the treatment of the tails on that yellow render does help up the sporty vibe, as it would on trims below the CTR as well.

OP
OP
TigerEyeJazz

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X2 M35i
I actually like the taillight treatment on the yellow/orange rendering. It has kind of a retro flourish to it having the taillights and emblem all encased in the body width black plastic housing. Gives old school civic/crx vibes when they used to have the body width rectangle that housed the lights. I don't dislike the hatch rear lights as they will be, far better than the sedans, but the treatment of the tails on that yellow render does help up the sporty vibe, as it would on trims below the CTR as well.
I’ve always felt that clear slash smoked out tail lights are so appealing to the eyes. That’s why also like the Orange/Yellow render above. It actually looks in my opinion closer to what we’ve seen. I hope the CTR gets specific taillights to make it around out more then the average Hatchback.
Sponsored