• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

xaviersayys

Xavier
First Name
Xavier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
They really slapped on some Si wheels haha. I'm sure just for this test drive, though. But yeah, still not feeling the hatch ... I find the proportions, at least in this first impression, to be horrendous. I wish Honda would just do a more proportional hatch design. It looks odd.
Sponsored

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
My big issue with the 11th gen so far is I just don't feel any desire for it (unlike the 10th gen). I'm excited for the possible new tech, features, performance... but the sedan, while not horrible... for me personally is too mainstream. Civic sedans are EVERYWHERE. But the 11th gen hatch... just isn't doing it with that boring bulbous back end. I've also driven mostly coupes for the past 10 years, as in my opinion they offer the subjectively best styling while also being the rarest on the road to see.

I'll reserve final judgements when I see it in person. Honda's are notorious for not photographing well, and having only seen the sedan prototype and disguised hatches, maybe the Si hatch will improve on the shortcomings of the design with some added sporty flare. If not... I suppose I'll hang onto my 19' coupe for a while longer, maybe do some minor mods to keep it interesting.

In the back of my mind I'm still holding some hope that Honda's decision to cancel the civic coupe and their re-registering for the CRZ name means a more dedicated sporty model might be on the way in the next couple years to compete with the likes of the veloster, brz, GR86, etc. Cautiously optimistic, but not holding my breath.

Mostly just hoping that the 11th gen hatch in Si form improves upon the visuals of what we've seen thus far because I didn't mind the CTRs profile nearly as much thanks to the spoiler that adds some much needed interest to the back end. Some kind of milder wing for the Si hatch would be ideal in my mind.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X2 M35i
My big issue with the 11th gen so far is I just don't feel any desire for it (unlike the 10th gen). I'm excited for the possible new tech, features, performance... but the sedan, while not horrible... for me personally is too mainstream. Civic sedans are EVERYWHERE. But the 11th gen hatch... just isn't doing it with that boring bulbous back end. I've also driven mostly coupes for the past 10 years, as in my opinion they offer the subjectively best styling while also being the rarest on the road to see.

I'll reserve final judgements when I see it in person. Honda's are notorious for not photographing well, and having only seen the sedan prototype and disguised hatches, maybe the Si hatch will improve on the shortcomings of the design with some added sporty flare. If not... I suppose I'll hang onto my 19' coupe for a while longer, maybe do some minor mods to keep it interesting.

In the back of my mind I'm still holding some hope that Honda's decision to cancel the civic coupe and their re-registering for the CRZ name means a more dedicated sporty model might be on the way in the next couple years to compete with the likes of the veloster, brz, GR86, etc. Cautiously optimistic, but not holding my breath.

Mostly just hoping that the 11th gen hatch in Si form improves upon the visuals of what we've seen thus far because I didn't mind the CTRs profile nearly as much thanks to the spoiler that adds some much needed interest to the back end. Some kind of milder wing for the Si hatch would be ideal in my mind.
Personally I like the 11th Gen Hatch so far but the 10th Gen hatch is a beautiful model all though it is really out there.

Personally feel as though they did it because of how some people called it to boy racer. I also feel that in a way with Acura sedans being designed and tested in Japan compared to before they might have given the ILX replacement hatchback/lift back model the better look for the new generation.

Since Acura is now having there own platform, the ILX could be the looker especially in Type-S form if done right. As for the Type-R Civic Hatchback, it could very well be the best looking out of the new Civic with the rear wing that it has. It’s not to out there like the current one which is a good thing but I think they could nail that model and it being sold well.

naldy

First Name
mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
I don't hate it as much as I thought I would.. I guess. The back half looks good, I don't mind that they took off all the extra shit. But the front I'm still not totally into. It's giving me some serious Jetta vibes. Which isn't a bad thing but idk how I feel about it on a civic. Excited to see how the Type-R turns out though

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Personally I like the 11th Gen Hatch so far but the 10th Gen hatch is a beautiful model all though it is really out there.

Personally feel as though they did it because of how some people called it to boy racer. I also feel that in a way with Acura sedans being designed and tested in Japan compared to before they might have given the ILX replacement hatchback/lift back model the better look for the new generation.

Since Acura is now having there own platform, the ILX could be the looker especially in Type-S form if done right. As for the Type-R Civic Hatchback, it could very well be the best looking out of the new Civic with the rear wing that it has. It’s not to out there like the current one which is a good thing but I think they could nail that model and it being sold well.
I totally get Honda wanting to streamline the civic a bit, given the general feedback on the 10th gen. But as a designer, there's a difference between understated and boring and it can be a fine line to tread. (Mazda probably does simple, clean and understated best). Again, I'll wait to reserve full judgement when I see it in person and the trims are all laid out to see.

I am a huge fan of the direction Acura has taken their cars. If I needed a larger sedan, the new TLX is great looking (though its performance so far is a bit of a let down considering the $10k cheaper accord performs better in a straight line). I am looking forward to the ILX replacement. If they knock the styling and proportions out of the park like they did the TLX, and keep the performance/price reasonable, I might look into Acura's new compact sedan when it's finally revealed.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
I am a huge fan of the direction Acura has taken their cars. If I needed a larger sedan, the new TLX is great looking (though its performance so far is a bit of a let down considering the $10k cheaper accord performs better in a straight line). I am looking forward to the ILX replacement. If they knock the styling and proportions out of the park like they did the TLX, and keep the performance/price reasonable, I might look into Acura's new compact sedan when it's finally revealed.
Yeah, the TLX and even the 2020 ILX A-spec look great. I'd probably never buy an Acura cause they're auto only now, but I do want to see the 10gen-based ILX/Integra.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Everyone griped about the rims of the 10th gen civic when it was first released, but IMO, they got objectively worse looking after the mid model refresh, but I'm a bigger fan of the machined finish with black accents than I am of the mostly painted look on most of the lineup after the refresh. I like some of the styles offered on the Accord and even HRV trims, I'd like to see honda go back to machine finish looks for the 11th gen.

Also... was looking at some of these pictures the other day, and think I may have realized why honda did what they did with the silhouette of the hatch... If you take a side view, or rear 3/4 view of the hatch, and move the B-pillar back, you essentially end up with what would have been the coupe silhouette, or very similar. I think, like the slope of the accord meant to draw back in accord coupe buyers, the hatch has been shaped to mimic the basic shape of a coupe (assuming you ignore the B pillar placement). that also further explains the adoption of what appears to be a full width tail light. I also hope that that means the hatch is shorter than the sedan, like it is with the 10th gens, which are about 4 inches shorter in length than the sedans.

Now, if they'll just offer a spoiler option or two, I might be sold on it more than I initially was. Still feel like that back end needs something to make it less Crosstour-y.

Acura_CSX_4eva

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Acura Manual Transmission + Nav + Heated Leather
Well, there's a big problem with these black rims. They weigh a TON. I compared these with the regular hfp enkei's they used to produce prior to 10th gen and the difference is huge. It was probably a cheaper way to lower costs but that's another example of 'quality concerns'.

And I get it, most folks don't care about a light or heavy rim, just how they look appearance wise, but some of us do!

se7encrows

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Well, there's a big problem with these black rims. They weigh a TON. I compared these with the regular hfp enkei's they used to produce prior to 10th gen and the difference is huge. It was probably a cheaper way to lower costs but that's another example of 'quality concerns'.

And I get it, most folks don't care about a light or heavy rim, just how they look appearance wise, but some of us do!
Just one of the reasons there is a huge aftermarket for the Civics. There is a large community of car enthusiasts surrounding the Civic.

Wales Jr.

First Name
Wales Jr.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I doubt they will make Si hatch. What is the purpose of type R then. two hatches?
Um, maybe a $10k price difference? Maybe the same reason they made an Si coupe and Sedan? Someone in the market for an affordable sporty car but wants more utility than a sedan with a trunk? Not even mentioning past Si models being hatches. There's any number of reasons for Honda to offer both sedan and hatch Si models, especially now that the coupe is gone. Nobody shopping for the kind of performance or price tag of the CTR is going to consider the Si instead of.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
I doubt they will make Si hatch. What is the purpose of type R then. two hatches?
The answer is simple, will an Si hatch make people not buy the Type R? Are people just buying the Type R cause it's a hatch w/ sporty seats? No.

Will an Si hatch make them money? Based on the surprise (to Honda) popularity of the hatch bodystyle, yes, it should sell more than the coupe Si, sad to say.

The only way there's no Si hatch is if they put the 2.0L in the Si - then you might start endangering Type R sales. But a $26k 1.5T Si hatch isn't going to attract any Type R buyers.

tdiallo

First Name
Thierno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback
The only issue I have with this gen is that we lose our spoilers ?
Sponsored