• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
They even went modest with the rims
modest but not bad IMO. I like the rims seen in these shots better than the painted gray rims on my current 2019 EX or the overly busy rims on my 2016 EXT. But rim style is subjective
Sponsored

Roldy39

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Lx Manual
OP
OP
TigerEyeJazz

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X2 M35i
I heard rumors that the civic hatchback you saw in the patent images were going to be used as the Acura model here in US instead and that's why the Japanese magazine revealed it's release date sooner since outside of North America it's just a Honda. That would be really interesting... it's like the Acura TSX / Honda Accord , Acura Legend / Honda Legend etc... all over again =(
These rumours aren’t true. Civic Hatchback is still coming to the states. They are selling more hatchback then sedans in the states.

OP
OP
TigerEyeJazz

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X2 M35i
I’m gonna guess that rumor is a hard no. We already know from Honda that the civic is coming in a hatch and sedan form. Based on the hatch we’ve seen testing we know is shares 90% of its likeness with the sedan. Also, the Acura roadmap I believe did say “new compact sedan” specifically. Not a hatch.

now, the part of that that may be true is the platform of the new civic hatch/ILX replacement which we believe will be shared between the two, possibly introducing double wishbone front suspension to the new Acura and civic hatch (which aligns with hondas promise of better performance and refinement for the new civic). And while we aren’t sure which will debut first, the Acura or the civic hatch, could also be why the Japanese publications mentioned the new platform being on the civic first, because Acura doesn’t exist outside of North America.
Well the thing is that what everyone is predicting right now it’s going to be a sedan lift back/hatchback which makes sense since it’s going to be built on the Civic Hatchback platform. Also Acura does exist outside NA which of course is China. Double Wishbone for sure is coming for a more sport oriented driving which is great.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well the thing is that what everyone is predicting right now it’s going to be a sedan lift back/hatchback which makes sense since it’s going to be built on the Civic Hatchback platform. Also Acura does exist outside NA which of course is China. Double Wishbone for sure is coming for a more sport oriented driving which is great.
I always forget about Acura in China. A liftback sedan would be cool. Or perhaps some kind of 4-door coupe liftback (the 11th gen civic hatch already has a pretty coupe-like silhouette if you ignore the B pillar placement). That would possibly open the doors for Acura to use the RSX name to replace the ILX.

Speaking of Acura China... Acura would do well to introduce a small crossover (the Chinese market has one based off the HR-V). It would help Acura in gaining more entry level sales and bolster their bottom line so they can keep making more niche models. Speaking with a friend who works for Honda in California, Acura is only profitable because of their crossovers... the fact they're even planning a new small sedan is honestly shocking given the slow take rate of anything that isn't an SUV thing. I also think a rehash of the ZDX would do well now as well, as many luxury car makers have those types of odd lifted coupe sedan wagons now.

OP
OP
TigerEyeJazz

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X2 M35i
I always forget about Acura in China. A liftback sedan would be cool. Or perhaps some kind of 4-door coupe liftback (the 11th gen civic hatch already has a pretty coupe-like silhouette if you ignore the B pillar placement). That would possibly open the doors for Acura to use the RSX name to replace the ILX.

Speaking of Acura China... Acura would do well to introduce a small crossover (the Chinese market has one based off the HR-V). It would help Acura in gaining more entry level sales and bolster their bottom line so they can keep making more niche models. Speaking with a friend who works for Honda in California, Acura is only profitable because of their crossovers... the fact they're even planning a new small sedan is honestly shocking given the slow take rate of anything that isn't an SUV thing. I also think a rehash of the ZDX would do well now as well, as many luxury car makers have those types of odd lifted coupe sedan wagons now.
Yeah I believe if they go that route it could be called RSX and I think it would sell as the RSX as of recently has been a model young enthusiast are buying.

As for the Small crossover, I think they are planning something with that. They might bring the CDX whenever they do the redesign of it. I think the ZDX is more then likely going to be the electric model they have planned for 2024. As of right now the Civic hatchback (Fall 2021) will launch before the Compact Sedan which is going to possibly Going to be revealed in December.

Roldy39

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Lx Manual
No sunroofs, no rear badging? Lx models? Not bad for base trims. The interior must be GOLD because nit obe spy shot has shown off the interior.
They cant not have a lx model beacause its the one that most people buys

dbowe4415

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mazda3 s Grand Touring Hatchback
Couple of thoughts about these photos:

First, I really appreciate the rear of the sedan. The lack of plastic cladding looks significantly better than the 10th generation IMO. While I prefer the tail lights on the 10th generation, I can get with the more minimal look on this, as it doesn’t look bad to me.

I’d also say that the rims are an upgrade, if they are the EX rims, from those on the 10th generation sedan. They actually remind me of what I thought was an underrated rim design on the 9th generation Civic, which I’ll post here.

The car looks great to me so far, but I really am looking forward to seeing more interior photos.

11th Gen Honda Civic Spied: 2022 Civic Sedan in Platinum White and Lunar Silver (US Spec) D78C0D20-DF82-4401-BAB7-4DAACF723909

delfinom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord 2006 V6 EXL
These rumours aren’t true. Civic Hatchback is still coming to the states. They are selling more hatchback then sedans in the states.
Yep, everyone wants practicality. A trunk sedan is literally a bad dated boomer design. Their parents before had cars that were hatchbacks/station wagons and the generations now are a bit wiser as well. It's the only way to compete with the practicality offered by crossovers/suvs.

Don't get me started how enraged I get when reviewers like to claim "look how big the cargo volume is on this XYZ sedan!". Yeah, using suitcases, nobody is fully loading a sedan and going road tripping across the country anymore. Hell, even if it was to get to the airport, they are constricting themselves to a 50lb bag and thats it to avoid bag fees.

A sedan loses the ability to store odd shaped objects that aren't luggage and having to bend over. If the sedan and hatchback drive the same and nearly cost the same, there's very little reason to get the sedan other than looks.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My sister has a fit and my brother in law has a 10th gen hatch. I always ask them to haul odd shaped objects my coupe can’t handle. (Large canvases, televisions, etc) if anything, I think the current crossover craze mixed with younger people’s desire for more fuel efficient cars (gas prices will go sky high again someday, they don’t stay low forever) people are finally seeing the versatility of hatches and wagons that Europe and Asia have known for years. Hell. Most of the new “crossovers” coming out aren’t anything more than hatches with a few inches of ride height And no real extra versatility or space. Regardless of a 4 or 2 door configuration, hatches have always been the superior layout for cars.

OP
OP
TigerEyeJazz

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X2 M35i
I had a 16’ Hyundai Elantra GT and that hatchback is still one of the greatest vehicles I’ve owned to this day. The amazing of things I fit in that little hatchback was more then my X2 right now. A lot of young people like my self since I’m only 23, like Sedans and Hatchback’s far more. Only reason I have my X2 is because it doesn’t feel like a SUV it feels like a Hatchback.

nox

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Metallic Civic EX-T

nox

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score