• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Strange induction noise on cold start up

Audiocholic

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Sedan 1.5 Turbo
Hi Guys,

have noticed a noticeably high tone induction noise that literally surpresses even the engine noise for the first 20seconds when the car is cold.
this is most noticeable when the car is parked in a garage and the hood is up and the noise quickly smooths down after 20seconds to normal levels.

with the hood open you can pin point the noise coming from the induction tube/box.

is this normal? do you guys notice the samething?
Sponsored

Bunhyung

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 CBP ST
This is completely normal. Even very conspicuous with the hood closed.

CeeBee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT - '21 Civic Hatch EX
Yeah, I noticed that too in the garage in the morning. 🤷‍♂️.

Bunhyung

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 CBP ST
Yeah, I noticed that too in the garage in the morning. 🤷‍♂️.
I personally have no problem with it as I have both a Toyota and a Mazda that use the AWS (accelerated warm-up system). which retards ignition 20 degrees so that fuel is burned in the exhaust manifold to accelerate Catalytic converter warming. It sounds horrendous for the first 20 -30 seconds and I thought The Mazda was gonna blow up the first time I heard it. It sounds like a gas powered washing machine filled with ball bearings on spin cycle.
Sponsored