• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Suspension Setttings for Auto-X

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Was wondering what mode people are Auto-Xing in with their FL5s? I have the ITS but was wondering if it's worth swapping in the FL5 ADS for events if you are running Sport+ regularly. Not worth it if like on track you are dialing it down to comfort or Sport though. Our site is very clean by most SCCA standards, so I would think Sport + was the way to go.
Sponsored

RacingManiac

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CW CTR R-12374
I've had one exploratory event last year on a bone stock Type R. No sticky tire, no rear bar. The site is known pretty low grip asphalt and not very warm day.

I played with the settings available, mostly comparing between the car in +R mode and stability control off, vs pedal dance and different suspension mode which you can do now that you can't in FK8. From the subjective feel, I feel like +R and stability off feels like it was the best setting at that time. From FK8 I know that the car brakes the rear axle inside to help turn in and also uses the front brakes to supplement the front LSD. Being as low grip as the day was being in +R helped getting the car rotated and put power down on exit. Even if it already feels kinda pogo-y on that lot.

I am sure once actual sticky tire is on the car and going to a stiffer bar will shift that balance so need way more time to figure more stuff out...

simpleisbest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CW CTR, 2023 Subaru BRZ
For me, +R mode and stability off long press is preferred vs pedal dance. Unfortunately as far as I know "stability off long press" only works in +R mode so no real options to play with the other suspension modes

OP
OP

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Yes, and sadly since I have the Integra that isn't an option... I know lightning lap preferred it that way as well. I did pedal dance every run, which is odd since other than off the line I was getting no wheel spin even though I am tuned with full torque request in 1st and 2nd. So I do wonder if the Hondata TC stays on even in pedal dance, or if I just wasn't quite at peak torque exiting a few of the corners, because I was not gentle with my right foot...

simpleisbest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CW CTR, 2023 Subaru BRZ
Yes, and sadly since I have the Integra that isn't an option... I know lightning lap preferred it that way as well. I did pedal dance every run, which is odd since other than off the line I was getting no wheel spin even though I am tuned with full torque request in 1st and 2nd. So I do wonder if the Hondata TC stays on even in pedal dance, or if I just wasn't quite at peak torque exiting a few of the corners, because I was not gentle with my right foot...
my experience has been that the OEM LSD can’t really handle much torque with regards actual limited slip action. Anything past something like 30-40% throttle when loaded up in a turn you can expect significant wheel spin.
Sponsored