• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Autocross Number Application Question

Sooner1

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR BB, 2015 Audi A3, 2023 CRV Touring Hybrid
For you experienced autocrossers - when do you apply your magnetic numbers? Before you leave home or after you arrive at the event?

I feel like I want to apply them at home before I leave so I can ensure the paint is clean and I am not apply the magnet on top of any debris. Plus it is one less thing to worry about at the event. Downside would be I am not dying to drive around with numbers on my car looking like a boy racer
Sponsored

hhkb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
I usually apply them at the track unless I know it’s going to rain day of.

TW00Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 S2000, 2023 CTR
Just take a nice soft towel or blue paper towel and wipe down before you put the magnets on at the event. Or use tape to secure it. You’ll hit higher speed driving there than on a an autox course. Any parts that’s sticking up will just make it fly off.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
For anyone looking to get custom autocross decals done, feel free to let me know—I haven’t given a lot of thought to what I’ll do, but sounds like a fun design project!

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I think it's personal preference, lots of folks have them on all day, I usually put them on at the track. As per the suggestion above, I always have a MF towel and a QD in my race crate to wipe down the area first if it got dirty on the drive over. If it's clean I don't bother. Harder part is remembering to pull them before the drive back, and swapping my headrest back. Usually end up realizing about 1/3 of the way home and pulling over to do it.

The two reasons I don't like doing it before hand is that my numbers have my name on them, so I don't really want to be driving all over with them shown. The other is in a previous life as a drag racer, my local PD LOVED to pull me over weekly if I didn't wash off my shoe polish...

RacingManiac

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CW CTR R-12374
at some point in my autoX life I cared about it more, now its lucky if I remember to wipe down the back of the magnet before I put it on...lol

simpleisbest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CW CTR, 2023 Subaru BRZ
I would recommend applying at the event site and then removing them before you go home. Just bring a bottle a quick detailer to wipe down the area before you apply if you are concerned about paint. At highway speeds they can fly off at times, I know I've lost a number of them at the track over the years lol
Sponsored