• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

SCCA Autocross Stock Class

sholzer

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
987.2 Cayman S
Almost gave up on the car in BS, but figured I'd give it a little time before jumping ship. Did my second event in the car this past weekend and ended up taking FTP. After the first event I did in the car, I didn't think it needed a rear sway bar, but I was fighting a lot of understeer this past event. Have the big Karcepts bar on order which should help solve that.
Sponsored

Modular Cal

First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 #581, 04 GSX-R600
Almost gave up on the car in BS, but figured I'd give it a little time before jumping ship. Did my second event in the car this past weekend and ended up taking FTP. After the first event I did in the car, I didn't think it needed a rear sway bar, but I was fighting a lot of understeer this past event. Have the big Karcepts bar on order which should help solve that.
It was nice seeing another FL5 out there for once! I haven't see the results yet, but did you manage to hold on to FTP?

EDIT: Just saw the title of the video. Answered that question!

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
very well done!

on the giving up on the platform can you elaborate a little more on that?

sholzer

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
987.2 Cayman S
very well done!

on the giving up on the platform can you elaborate a little more on that?
Thanks! After my first event on fresh tires, I don't think the car had the pace for BS so I was thinking about selling it and getting something else. But after looking at events all year (lots of watching results from me this year since my daughter was born in April) BS and DS are pretty close and it was proven it can at least trophy in BS at Nats so I figure I'll stick with it for a bit.

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Thanks! After my first event on fresh tires, I don't think the car had the pace for BS so I was thinking about selling it and getting something else. But after looking at events all year (lots of watching results from me this year since my daughter was born in April) BS and DS are pretty close and it was proven it can at least trophy in BS at Nats so I figure I'll stick with it for a bit.
Got you, yeah if it was not competitive I would understand. Thanks for the feedback. I’m racing Daytona auto X this next Saturday so we will see if I can hang with the pack. Hoping for the best.

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
So went to the auto X event this weekend in Daytona. Was competing against another FL5, GR supra, BMW m2, FK8 and a nismo 370z.

Both FL5’s dominated the B street category and managed to win second place. First place went to the other FL5 that had 18” wheels and stickier tires. So pretty good for the class so far.

simpleisbest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CW CTR, 2023 Subaru BRZ
Are there any tricks to consistently launching this car?
I usually autox in Sport or Individual mode and the rpm's dont seemly want to climb above 3500rpm. Lauching at 3500rpm, the car seems to just fall on its face, yet there have been times where I get a good launch by starting under 3500rpm and slipping the clutch a bit.

Is there a setting or mode that makes launching the car easier?

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Are there any tricks to consistently launching this car?
I usually autox in Sport or Individual mode and the rpm's dont seemly want to climb above 3500rpm. Lauching at 3500rpm, the car seems to just fall on its face, yet there have been times where I get a good launch by starting under 3500rpm and slipping the clutch a bit.

Is there a setting or mode that makes launching the car easier?
The car has a soft limiter at 3500 rpms so it won’t do more than that. For launches the best way I have found is to slip the clutch to get going then pop it and it starts a controlled spin that you can control with the throttle.

SoCal_R

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FL5
So went to the auto X event this weekend in Daytona. Was competing against another FL5, GR supra, BMW m2, FK8 and a nismo 370z.

Both FL5’s dominated the B street category and managed to win second place. First place went to the other FL5 that had 18” wheels and stickier tires. So pretty good for the class so far.
I was the other FL5 there. So far, I am 4 for 4 on events in BS with only mods being an AWE catback, Apex wheels with 275/35/18 V730's, and the RV6 RSB on full stiff.

Below is a run I did with the Jacksonville SCCA group. Had the 4th fastest raw times, only beat by 2 karts on Hoosiers and a GT4. The guy behind me in DS is a professional driver as well in a fully prepped DS car. So far, the car has been surprisingly capable, though I think it is course dependent. At Daytona, I got lucky the guy in the Supra isn't a great driver. Daytona has a long straight to launch down, and I'd lose 1.5 seconds right there on a 40-45 second course. Other courses that have a kink in the beginning to mitigate the launch advantage I think the FL5 will do well. I've been thoroughly surprised. I am signed up for the Nats event in November so will see how it does there against top drivers and likely better prepped BS cars.

11th Gen Honda Civic SCCA Autocross Stock Class Capture.PNG

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I was the other FL5 there. So far, I am 4 for 4 on events in BS with only mods being an AWE catback, Apex wheels with 275/35/18 V730's, and the RV6 RSB on full stiff.

Below is a run I did with the Jacksonville SCCA group. Had the 4th fastest raw times, only beat by 2 karts on Hoosiers and a GT4. The guy behind me in DS is a professional driver as well in a fully prepped DS car. So far, the car has been surprisingly capable, though I think it is course dependent. At Daytona, I got lucky the guy in the Supra isn't a great driver. Daytona has a long straight to launch down, and I'd lose 1.5 seconds right there on a 40-45 second course. Other courses that have a kink in the beginning to mitigate the launch advantage I think the FL5 will do well. I've been thoroughly surprised. I am signed up for the Nats event in November so will see how it does there against top drivers and likely better prepped BS cars.

Capture.PNG
Great to see you here dude! Keep posting the fast times!
You are motivating me to do some mods to mine to keep getting faster.

Geezer

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
I just wrapped up my season in my local region. Ended up winning our street 1 class which is SS,AS,BS,CS,ES,FS lumped together. Two wins, a second a third and a 5th that gets dropped with our format. Best pax was 3rd worst pax 16th. We usually get around 90 total entries. Pins pulled oem forged with 275 RE71RS stock bar. Very happy with how the car performed and my first overall season win since I started autocrossing more seriously a couple seasons ago with my old FK8. The car really is fabulous. Mine is also now for sale (shameless plug) if y'all know anyone looking.

ObsidianSilence

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R, 2016 Veloster
I am signed up for the Nats event in November so will see how it does there against top drivers and likely better prepped BS cars.
I found this post because there was a Type R registered as BS for the cape coral event and I thought I messed up registering my class. This will be my third event and I was wondering if you could spare a moment to talk if we run into each other. A co-wworker of my wife's invited me to start doing autox but one drives a WRX and the other an old RX7 so aside from "Don't hit cones" their advice isn't the most useful for driving a FWD.

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Anyone know what class a slightly modified FL5/DE5 would run in? I don't need to be competitive, just don't want to deal with protests. Assuming it would be STX? My mods allow me to stay in Street Touring I believe and will be on street tires.

Last edited:

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Anyone know what class a slightly modified FL5/DE5 would run in? I don't need to be competitive, just don't want to deal with protests. Assuming it would be STX? My mods allow me to stay in Street Touring I believe and will be on street tires.
What are the mods?

simpleisbest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CW CTR, 2023 Subaru BRZ
STU for Street Touring classing
Sponsored