• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Torn in Decision for 22 Civic Hatch

Sam80

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord
I am torn in making selection for 22 Civic Hatch

I would like to enjoy the a car and also have solid resale; I sell car every three year putting about 15000 miles total. In the old models, it was all 1.5 so the selection was mainly amenity based.

As I did not care much about leather and moonroof, I easily had before the LX with black cloth and black headliners. Also, I know people mostly preferred the sport even car reviewwere for the EX and Touring.

Now with the two engine and trim configurations … LX has 2.0 NA, all black cloth, and grey headliners; the Sport has same engine but with leather steering and shift knob, black cloth, black headliners, and 18 wheels; the EXL has 1.5 Turbo with the grey leather (prefer over black), grey headliner, 17 wheels, and blind monitoring; and Sport Touring has 1.5 Turbi with the grey leather (prefer over black), black headliner, double exhaust, fully digital display, larger infotainment, and navigation.

So, I am torn between LX (optimal for me do not like the black cloth), EXL (feel if I go that level, why not go touring abs get everything) and Touring (hate the black headliner) With my criteria, can you help me select the optimal trim?

Also, aside of me, can you please advise which trim in your opinion will be most targeted by people and also holding value?

sorry for the long post and thanks
Sponsored

Hondabob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si

I would like to enjoy the a car and also have solid resale; I sell car every three year putting about 15000 miles total. In the old models, it was all 1.5 so the selection was mainly amenity based.

As I did not care much about leather and moonroof, I easily had before the LX with black cloth and black headliners. Also, I know people mostly preferred the sport even car reviewwere for the EX and Touring.

Now with the two engine and trim configurations … LX has 2.0 NA, all black cloth, and grey headliners; the Sport has same engine but with leather steering and shift knob, black cloth, black headliners, and 18 wheels; the EXL has 1.5 Turbo with the grey leather (prefer over black), grey headliner, 17 wheels, and blind monitoring; and Sport Touring has 1.5 Turbi with the grey leather (prefer over black), black headliner, double exhaust, fully digital display, larger infotainment, and navigation.

So, I am torn between LX (optimal for me do not like the black cloth), EXL (feel if I go that level, why not go touring abs get everything) and Touring (hate the black headliner) With my criteria, can you help me select the optimal trim?

Also, aside of me, can you please advise which trim in your opinion will be most targeted by people and also holding value?

Is there any reason you are buying a car every 3 years and not leasing? Any civic with that low miles at trade in will have positive equity towards the next one

OP
OP

Sam80

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord
Is there any reason you are buying a car every 3 years and not leasing? Any civic with that low miles at trade in will have positive equity towards the next one
I buy in full and due to low mileage manage to sell at prices that are way better than if I leaed

OP
OP

Sam80

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord
What about CVTs in LX, EXL, and touring?

Steve182022

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic LX coupe, 6 spd; '20 Civic Sport sdn, 6

As a fair comparison to the new hatchback, the 10th generation Civic sedan offered both 2.0 and 1.5 engines. The volume seller was the Sport. Only about $1500 more than the LX.

I think the Sport will be the sweet spot for the average HB buyer too. In general the "loaded" models of a car depreciate more.

But given the vehicle shortage and the fact that it's an all new design all the versions should depreciate less than usual.

If I got the LX I would have to leather wrap the vinyl steering wheel. Maybe $100?

You will get the most comfortable ride with the LX and its 16" alloys vs the 17" or 18" wheels on the other versions.

Performance wise the 1.5 works much better with the CVT than the LX 2.0 does. Much more low end torque.

I think you can't go wrong with any version.

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017

I'd go with the Sport Touring it's definitely going to have great resale value, I love the bigger infotainment screen, nav as I think your case is where you should ride in style for 3 straight years. Also, I think the instrument display is bigger than lower trims isn't it?

OP
OP

Sam80

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord
As a fair comparison to the new hatchback, the 10th generation Civic sedan offered both 2.0 and 1.5 engines. The volume seller was the Sport. Only about $1500 more than the LX.

I think the Sport will be the sweet spot for the average HB buyer too. In general the "loaded" models of a car depreciate more.

But given the vehicle shortage and the fact that it's an all new design all the versions should depreciate less than usual.

If I got the LX I would have to leather wrap the vinyl steering wheel. Maybe $100?

You will get the most comfortable ride with the LX and its 16" alloys vs the 17" or 18" wheels on the other versions.

Performance wise the 1.5 works much better with the CVT than the LX 2.0 does. Much more low end torque.

I think you can't go wrong with any version.
Thanks. If the LX had the 1.5, I would have taken in it. But 2.0 with all black interior is tough. With your same thinking, I said I will get the sport touring because it is still sport and surely there will be buyers interested in the higher trim but I get the black headliner instead of the grey. The EXL has the grey headliner but missed on some things that if I am at this price range, why not pay the $2.5K extra and get it all. Cannot find my sweet spot!!!

Steve182022

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic LX coupe, 6 spd; '20 Civic Sport sdn, 6
Thanks. If the LX had the 1.5, I would have taken in it. But 2.0 with all black interior is tough. With your same thinking, I said I will get the sport touring because it is still sport and surely there will be buyers interested in the higher trim but I get the black headliner instead of the grey. The EXL has the grey headliner but missed on some things that if I am at this price range, why not pay the $2.5K extra and get it all. Cannot find my sweet spot!!!
Interestingly the Canadian versions of the hatchback have different permutations/combinations and color choices (e.g. the Sport comes with the 1.5 there) yet they are all made in the same US factory.

loslalane

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan

The reality is the Type R is and will be the ultimate MVP in all aspects. Si doesn't fall too far from the tree but sorry no Hatch. I still still can't afford a TypeR but definitely going Si.