• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

TRI State PPF Recommendations

Daniel Boffa

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Type R
Just picked up my 24 Type R a few days ago and with this being my first new car coupled with the fact it will be sitting outside for the foreseeable future I would like to explore the option of PPF. Does anyone have any recommendations in the Tri-State area? What kind of pricing can I expect there, installation times and curing times?
Sponsored

AWR1997

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FL5 Civic Type R R-00154 (deceased)
Just picked up my 24 Type R a few days ago and with this being my first new car coupled with the fact it will be sitting outside for the foreseeable future I would like to explore the option of PPF. Does anyone have any recommendations in the Tri-State area? What kind of pricing can I expect there, installation times and curing times?
I am in Ohio and just went through 3 quotes. I am only doing high impact areas (entire front, mirros, a pillars, sideskirt/rocker panels), but I did receive quotes for full install which is not worth it to me.

The range seemed to be about $5500-7000 for full ppf. There was a 4th shop that would be closer to $8-10k if you want the best of the best.

As far as timeframes, the shop I am going to was 2 weeks out to get my car in. You should expect about a week, but I do not want to speak for every company. Through the comany I decided to use, I am dropping off on Monday and picking up Friday.

Hope that helps!

OP
OP
Daniel Boffa

Daniel Boffa

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Type R
I am in Ohio and just went through 3 quotes. I am only doing high impact areas (entire front, mirros, a pillars, sideskirt/rocker panels), but I did receive quotes for full install which is not worth it to me.

The range seemed to be about $5500-7000 for full ppf. There was a 4th shop that would be closer to $8-10k if you want the best of the best.

As far as timeframes, the shop I am going to was 2 weeks out to get my car in. You should expect about a week, but I do not want to speak for every company. Through the comany I decided to use, I am dropping off on Monday and picking up Friday.

Hope that helps!

Woah, was not expecting that type of a number, that is quite a lot. I'll start calling around later this week to see if I'm getting the same type of numbers but it may be worth looking into just doing the front bumper, hood and side mirrors. What kind of numbers were you seeing on just that?

Also, did they mention a time for the ppf to cure or can you drive it as soon as they finish?

AWR1997

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FL5 Civic Type R R-00154 (deceased)
Woah, was not expecting that type of a number, that is quite a lot. I'll start calling around later this week to see if I'm getting the same type of numbers but it may be worth looking into just doing the front bumper, hood and side mirrors. What kind of numbers were you seeing on just that?

Also, did they mention a time for the ppf to cure or can you drive it as soon as they finish?

Last time I was able to drive the car immediately. I think they left a day in-between in order yo take care of wi dow tint.

I only had high impact areas quoted (front bumper, fenders, hood, headlight, splitter, mirrors, everything down the sides from bottom 1/4 door and below). That tends to be about $2500-3500 after tax from what I saw.

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
Give Detailers Domain a call. I have purchased quite a bit of products from Phil over the years and they also provide PPF and ceramic coating services. I've heard nothing but good things about their work. If I lived in the tri-state area I would take my cars there, without a question.

VT Skier

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 SGP
I second Clark's recommendation. Phil does amazing work. He can give you a good idea of how long application and curing will take. Curing usually just means keeping it dry and warm, preferably in a heated garage this time of year. FWIW, my Boxster took a week to wrap and coat in ceramic.

If Phil isn't close to you, try Auto Polishing Center in Waldwick NJ or Eurotech Motorsports in Mahwah.

You can get it cheaper than what Andrew quoted, but it will probably be a pre-cut template. Or you'll have to drive farther. Detailing Dynamics (Matt in Mineola) used to be pretty aggressive in pricing.

Good luck.

Ac12

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Accord
Anyone near the border might wanna look into shops in Canada. It's highly competitive here in ON at least, and the exchange rate is very favourable for you guys.

VT Skier

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 SGP
Do you know of any good shops in Montreal?