• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

What did you ppf?

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
I PPF my BMW's but they were black. I've notice some rock chips on the lower front bumper but I was never planning on getting PPF anyways. Some guy made a thread on the civic or integra forums about not wanting rock chips on his intercooler. I told him to buy a second car and keep the first one in the garage.
Lol. So true.
I see a dump truck carrying sand or gravel 3 or more times a week. They are always in the passing lane and chucking debris everywhere.
I did do full front except headlights (bumper,fenders,hood,a-pillars)
Sponsored

Turbonium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93' EG B18C
I'm concerned about the drive home, if I'm able to buy in state when my time comes. Don't want to pay for a delivery service if I don't have to.

Did anybody mask their car off on the drive home? Or is their a better method these days? Don't want to risk any rock chips before ppf.

AJ28

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R CW, 2017 Civic SI
I'm concerned about the drive home, if I'm able to buy in state when my time comes. Don't want to pay for a delivery service if I don't have to.

Did anybody mask their car off on the drive home? Or is their a better method these days? Don't want to risk any rock chips before ppf.
Can't go wrong with painter's tape! :)

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R

Painter's tape or Trakk Tape will do. The latter offers superior protection, more durable, and leaves no residue.

Turbonium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93' EG B18C
Painter's tape or Trakk Tape will do. The latter offers superior protection, more durable, and leaves no residue.
Never thought the painters tape would leave residue, thanks for the tip I'll look into that. I only intend to wrap it on the drive home and remove it right away until ppf'ing.

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
Never thought the painters tape would leave residue, thanks for the tip I'll look into that. I only intend to wrap it on the drive home and remove it right away until ppf'ing.
It typically doesn't, but if left for a long period of time it could leave trace residue behind. One of the features of Trakk Tape is no residue. Either will do though. Both options are better than nothing.

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
For those of you that didn't get ppf on the doors, can you share how they've held up with potential rocks coming through the fender vents and hitting both front and especially rear door with the flare? This question is directed specifically towards those that don't have the fender vent rocks guards.
I haven't PPF'd anything. No chips on my doors but it does get dirty behind the fender vents when it rains. I plan on installing the FlapFab mesh before winter. I haven't had any chips on my front bumper/lip/hood/roof in the last 8 months. I try not to tailgate people in this car and that seems to be working well at preventing them.

The only damage I've had is the chips on the leading edge of the rear bumper and side skirts when I swapped to +45 wheels. That's the price you pay when you modify a car like this though.

CTRifecta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
It highly depends on where you live, what type of conditions you drive in etc. If this is your DD and you drive in rush hour traffic, I'd get PPF personally.

Bsnyder6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, 2005 Wrangler
front bumper (didnt bring it up to the hood as i dont like seeing that line). Side mirrors and door cups... Might do the side skirts down the road.

ScumbagRob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
The whole damn car! No ragrets. Wallet is lighter for sure, but now I have complete peace of mind when driving through construction areas šŸ˜†

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Llumar Valor from the A-pillar forward, door cups, and an odd spot in the back/bottom corners of the rear doors--I still avoid obvious rock-flingers on the freeway, but I think the PPF is worth the peace of mind.

CaryH

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 touring 2.0T, 2005 Toyota 4runner SR5, 2012 c
full front ppf and 6 inches on roof dont see and chips in rear had it since Dec 14, 2022.

Sleepywood

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Championship White Type R
IMG_7902.jpeg

Hi all,
I decided to opt in with a full front end PPF (bumper,fender,headlights,hood,mirror caps) & a gloss black PPF roof. Honestly the best thing Iā€™ve done for this car. The shop recommended just a front end instead if the full car cause although this car is a type R, itā€™s still a civic & meant to be driven daily! Went with a 8.5 mil thick of a PPF and a week after install. It chipped the PPF already instead of paint so it did itā€™s job.. the gloss black roof PPF looks like a mirror/big sunroof and itā€™s protected from the sun. I also got a ceramic coating all around to protect from dust/dirt. If you were looking for PPF Iā€™d recommend a Full front end + ceramic cause I paid ~$2200 total. If you were to get a full car thatā€™d run ~$4200+ depending on shop. My only concern is the front wheel debris that goes through the vent. Iā€™ve ordered the fabflap cover but wonā€™t till next week! šŸ˜
IMG_8024.jpeg

IMG_7906.jpeg
What shop did you go to? Iā€™m located in California also. Looking for a ppf place lol
Sponsored