• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Tony503

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Mazda3 Turbo, 13 FR-S, 03 RSX Type S
Ugh. Still has indirect TPMS

Probity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Scab 2.7EB
Soon-to-be new 11Gen Civic owner. Need a little help here - step 9 of the PDI "install body plugs" - ? I don't live in snow country, what are these plugs for?

OP
OP
zroger73

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ridgeline RTL-E, 2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S
Body plugs are oval rubber plugs used in the holes in the frame that are used to secure the vehicle while in transport. They help keep out debris and noise. Most automobiles have them. Dealers regularly fail to install them out of laziness or ignorance.

turbomike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Honda Canda - West, the track, not in your DMs
Vehicle(s)
23 FL5 CTR, 22 MDX-S, 20 FK8 CTR
I don't understand the point on posting the PDI info for the 22s not like you're going to drive it off the truck and go home. All vehicles has to go through the pdi process, standard dealer procedure

Maybe it's an American thing where you can skip the PDI process and diy??? Might be wrong

OP
OP
zroger73

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ridgeline RTL-E, 2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S
A few reasons I can think of right off hand:

1. To confirm that a new model release is imminent before an official announcement is made.

2. To provide early information about changes.

3. To provide how-to information. Dealers frequently skip steps such as installing the rubber body plugs and sometimes forget to install fuses or remove vehicles from maintenance mode. It's nice to have information about how to perform these steps yourself instead of having to take the time to return to the dealer and risk damage. PDI information isn't included in the Owner's Manual or available on the NHTSA website, so some enthusiasts provide the TSB as a courtesy and tool to help others.

StickShiftRoy

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BOP Si (Sold), 19 CW FK8 (Sold), 24 CW FL5
Body plugs are oval rubber plugs used in the holes in the frame that are used to secure the vehicle while in transport. They help keep out debris and noise. Most automobiles have them. Dealers regularly fail to install them out of laziness or ignorance.
Good info, I've got mine in the glove box, never knew what they were for. Thanks!
Sponsored