• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

TSP Stage 1 Tune w/ High K.Count/Control and -12% LTFT2

Justin

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Hey Guys,

So i've been running a tune on and off for about 3 months and let me tell you, it's TRANSFORMED my vehicle into a monster.

I'm currently at 22k miles and i un-tuned my car for the winter and with high fuel prices. With the car being untuned, consistently using 93 (continuation from when tuned), i started seeing k.count ping up upon startup, initial driving, and long drives. Today, i drove for 10 minutes and watched k.Count go from 1-4, 4-7, and 7-12 instantaneously!! This is freaking me out

I began logging within my K-Tuner device, but note that my car is literally on STOCK tune. I do have a Race 27WON motor mount, so i'm unsure if that impacts anything...?

Symptoms:
  • Greatly fluctuating K.Control - goes from .49 up to .8 during drives
  • K.Count keeps climbing
  • Car sometimes tries to die out and dips below 700 rpm but quickly recovers. I see this happening when approaching a stop
  • Smelly car (Rotten Eggs from exhaust)
  • Drivability - car drives fine

I'm scared to drive my car hard, or even at all do to all of the above. Should I be worried?
Sponsored

V3N0M_VZL4

First Name
Mauricio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic SI
so your car basically is back to stock right? my recomendation is to reflash the TSP and double check if the problem persist, to me looks like a bad flash, i have the same tune in my car 0 issues the KC is at .49 all day even with pulls.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Rotten egg smell and sputtering sounds like you may have fried your cat if you even have one on the car.
Sponsored