• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Type R clutch/brake bleed

UCF120

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Boost Blue Type R, 2002 S2000
What’s up everyone!

Just joined the forum. Proud owner of a Boost Blue FL5 Type R. Been learning as much as I can about this car and enjoying every minute with it!

Looking for a how-to video or instructional guide on how-to bleed the brake/clutch fluid without a power bleeder? I have a 2002 S2000 with the traditional brake and clutch fluid reservoirs. I’ve bleed the brakes and clutch on that car several times using the traditional one person or two person method and it’s a breeze.

im shocked honestly that there isn’t a video or guide on how to do it on this car or the FK8. Figured someone would have documented this lol. There is one video on YouTube with an FK8 but he uses a power bleeder which I prefer not to use if possible.

Is it the same process for this car even with the single brake/clutch reservoir? Do I have to use a power bleeder? Any help with a video or instructional guide with pics would be greatly appreciated!
Sponsored

PointByPatrol

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
What’s up everyone!

Just joined the forum. Proud owner of a Boost Blue FL5 Type R. Been learning as much as I can about this car and enjoying every minute with it!

Looking for a how-to video or instructional guide on how-to bleed the brake/clutch fluid without a power bleeder? I have a 2002 S2000 with the traditional brake and clutch fluid reservoirs. I’ve bleed the brakes and clutch on that car several times using the traditional one person or two person method and it’s a breeze.

im shocked honestly that there isn’t a video or guide on how to do it on this car or the FK8. Figured someone would have documented this lol. There is one video on YouTube with an FK8 but he uses a power bleeder which I prefer not to use if possible.

Is it the same process for this car even with the single brake/clutch reservoir? Do I have to use a power bleeder? Any help with a video or instructional guide with pics would be greatly appreciated!
You do not have to use a power bleeder, it can be done manually, but you'll need a second person to help. Power bleeders are just way easier if you're alone, and need to handle it by yourself. I'm going to be making a new video on this. The trick really is to not let the fluid go too low since it's a shared reservoir.

OP
OP
UCF120

UCF120

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You do not have to use a power bleeder, it can be done manually, but you'll need a second person to help. Power bleeders are just way easier if you're alone, and need to handle it by yourself. I'm going to be making a new video on this. The trick really is to not let the fluid go too low since it's a shared reservoir.
im pretty sure I just commented on one of your videos on YouTube asking the same thing lol! Anyway, I appreciate the video whenever you can make it. If the process is the same as bleeding the s2000 (or any other normal car with separate brake and clutch reservoirs) I can definitely tackle it. Having a video to watch would be great though!

PointByPatrol

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
im pretty sure I just commented on one of your videos on YouTube asking the same thing lol! Anyway, I appreciate the video whenever you can make it. If the process is the same as bleeding the s2000 (or any other normal car with separate brake and clutch reservoirs) I can definitely tackle it. Having a video to watch would be great though!
It was me indeed. The process is slightly different, and I do recommend bleeding equipment over manual bleeding. I've had to manual bleed at the track and you absolutely need a buddy.

OP
OP
UCF120

UCF120

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It was me indeed. The process is slightly different, and I do recommend bleeding equipment over manual bleeding. I've had to manual bleed at the track and you absolutely need a buddy.
alright cool thanks man! Definitely waiting for that video then appreciate it!
Sponsored