• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

vs GR Corolla

citrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CZ4A, Abarth 500, ZZW30, ND2 RF
True, I remember people saying they should have added a piece to the door to make it look more flush.
Enter the aftermarket. I dont hate it. Varis do something similar
Car-styling-For-Honda-Civic-Type-R-FK8-5-Door-Hatch-Vrsar1-Style-Fiberglass-Rear-Fender.jpg
I'm so used to seeing the "missing" chunk that filling it looks a bit weird to me now lol

Even so, the whole 10th gen hatch looks like it was designed for a Type R in the first place, so the look matches the intent perfectly. If anything, the normal version looks a little too aggressive. On the other hand, Corolla hatch also looks sportier than it really is, but maybe that didn't leave enough room on the table for the GRC; the vents on the hood and fenders look especially tacked on, like cheapo sticky bits from AutoZone, even if they're functional.
Sponsored

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
I'm so used to seeing the "missing" chunk that filling it looks a bit weird to me now lol

Even so, the whole 10th gen hatch looks like it was designed for a Type R in the first place, so the look matches the intent perfectly. If anything, the normal version looks a little too aggressive. On the other hand, Corolla hatch also looks sportier than it really is, but maybe that didn't leave enough room on the table for the GRC; the vents on the hood and fenders look especially tacked on, like cheapo sticky bits from AutoZone, even if they're functional.
Interesting. I don't debate where you are coming from. I look at it differently. I felt like the 10th generation Civic was an over-correction to a bland 9th generation. I felt like the Type R looked like aftermarket bits placed on it to arrive at the FK8. Something I find appealing about the FL5 is that it looks like it was going to be a part of this from the ground up.

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
True, I remember people saying they should have added a piece to the door to make it look more flush.
Enter the aftermarket. I dont hate it. Varis do something similar
Car-styling-For-Honda-Civic-Type-R-FK8-5-Door-Hatch-Vrsar1-Style-Fiberglass-Rear-Fender.jpg
That functional piece was meant to be on the door from Honda’s own final design but Honda cheaped out during manufacturing of the car. It looks odd without the piece.

11th Gen Honda Civic vs GR Corolla 379BDE49-2961-4879-B569-EFBEEFDE270A

citrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That functional piece was meant to be on the door from Honda’s own final design but Honda cheaped out during manufacturing of the car. It looks odd without the piece.

379BDE49-2961-4879-B569-EFBEEFDE270A.jpeg
Today I learned!

Kyofu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3 GT
Canadian pricing is also out now:
Core: $45,490 (comes standard with LSDs and heated seats)
Circuit edition: $53,900
Morizo edition: $59,990

Core will clearly undercut the new Type R in Canada. I wonder if the new CTR will be priced at the same level as the Circuit edition... If so I'm gonna have to tap out tbh and Core GRC it is lol.

Stick_shifter96

First Name
Shaurya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a FL5
The only plus GRC has over the FL5, for me specifically, is the manual handbrake 😂
Would it kill Honda to give one in the CTR?

citrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The only plus GRC has over the FL5, for me specifically, is the manual handbrake 😂
Would it kill Honda to give one in the CTR?
Yeah, it's a shame. I think it's just a cost-cutting measure at this point.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
Things I learned today.

center arm rest is coming on production cars (thank god).

Car only oversteers on dry pavement if you use the handbrake. Want to see a review in the rain, but that’s disappointing.

love the GR but still leaning toward the Type R cause it’ll fit my lifestyle better with much better interior room, adjustable suspension, and nicer interior.

if ADMs are still $10k in 2-3 years I’ll get the GRC (assuming it’s not also $10k lol).

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
I want a Type R because Honda > Toyota

Someone link their forum so they can see the shots I have fired.

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
#16 has no place to be there as most car enthusiasts think all EVs are just boring straight-line grocery getters. Imagine a proper sporty EV from Honda, maybe 5 years from now at the earliest?
Sponsored