• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

vs GR Corolla

First Name
Luigi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
9th Gen Si, 11th Gen SI

Oh boy. This could be the passing of the torch from big H to Toyota. Their GR lineup is kicking Honda's Butt. ?
Sponsored

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2022 Subaru WRX
No comparison to the Civic Si at all.

The Civic Type R may be a competitor , but the AWD will allow the GR to launch like a bat out of hell in straight line racing. It won't be super light with AWD and it will have a higher drivetrain loss because of it, but lots of benefits as well because of it.

Steve182022

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic LX coupe, 6 spd; '20 Civic Sport sdn, 6

The Civic Type R may be a competitor , but the AWD will allow the GR to launch like a bat out of hell in straight line racing. It won't be super light with AWD and it will have a higher drivetrain loss because of it, but lots of benefits as well because of it.
Would be nice if they'd strap a turbo onto the base Corolla HB to have an Si competitor under $30k.

SGSiSaajan

First Name
Saajan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si
I bought my Civic Si as a commuter/daily last month with the intention of getting a Type R to keep in the garage for fun but this came out yesterday and I couldnā€™t resist the siren song of AWD turbo rally goodness. Put in my deposit for a GRC today, hoping it fills the STI shaped hole that subaru cut into my heart.

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2022 Subaru WRX
I bought my Civic Si as a commuter/daily last month with the intention of getting a Type R to keep in the garage for fun but this came out yesterday and I couldnā€™t resist the siren song of AWD turbo rally goodness. Put in my deposit for a GRC today, hoping it fills the STI shaped hole that subaru cut into my heart.
Yeah they can gather up the STi customers now with that platform on hold pending electrification. I have a 2019 WRX which I love, it is not GR Corolla though, but I don't need it to be either. I don't care much for the look of the Corolla but I respect it for performance reasons.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS

I'm rather impressed with how light it turned out to be. At 3249lbs, it's only around 130 lbs heavier than the FK8, even with AWD. And if the current gen SI is any indication, the new Type R may put on a few lbs. The two could be nearly the same weight.

SGSiSaajan

First Name
Saajan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si
Yeah they can gather up the STi customers now with that platform on hold pending electrification. I have a 2019 WRX which I love, it is not GR Corolla though, but I don't need it to be either. I don't care much for the look of the Corolla but I respect it for performance reasons.
Thatā€™s definitely the reason Iā€™m buying. Iā€™m currently uninterested in electrification and I donā€™t love Canadaā€™s new plan to ban ICE car sales after 2035, figured I should get the most un-electric car I can, and fast. I did love my 2015 WRX, and even more so my 2006 STI, but I feel like after dumping the STI and the crap show that is the 2022 WRX, I canā€™t stand behind their choices any longer. Honda and Toyota have me now.

OP
OP
9thGenSi-->11th GenSi?
First Name
Luigi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
9th Gen Si, 11th Gen SI
Price point will be interesting. But I love me a Hot Hatch. A real Hot Hatch. Lol

GetterDragun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Supra Turbo, 1000hp Lexus SC300, 22 Civic Si...
This is going to be special, will be appreciated in the future like a Supra MK4.

That being said I would be too worried about using it as a daily diver/work car, especially parking it in NYC parking garages.

ADM will be nuts, especially on the Circuit Edition. I suspect that one may beat Type-R LE ADM.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
Saw a GR Yaris here in Taiwan, it looks amazing in person with that fat rear wide body. I plan to buy a GR Corolla when we return to the US in 2-3 years.

I may buy the Type R instead cause the Corolla hatch has a tiny backseat (30ā€ rear legroom). Itā€™s a 3 seater with me driving.

Stick_shifter96

First Name
Shaurya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a FL5
As good as it might be, at the end of the day it is still a Toyota Corolla... And that's what it will look like to the uninformed common eye. They might even think its a riced out generic Corolla and it'll drastically reduce its appeal. If Toyota coined a new name for it, I would've definitely had a hard time between this and the FL5. But I don't think I can live with the Corolla badge. Type R>>>>CoRoLlA

SwiftTone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si
As good as it might be, at the end of the day it is still a Toyota Corolla... And that's what it will look like to the uninformed common eye. They might even think its a riced out generic Corolla and it'll drastically reduce its appeal. If Toyota coined a new name for it, I would've definitely had a hard time between this and the FL5. But I don't think I can live with the Corolla badge. Type R>>>>CoRoLlA
and a Civic Type-R is still a Civic to the public much like a GR Corolla.