• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

POPNTEC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW FL5 CTR
This has to be an unpopular opinion...but I very much dislike how the GR Corolla looks. I do not understand what people see in that car inside and out (besides performance or driving experience).

Somehow most reviews I watch or people talk about it I see people praise its looks...I just dont get it man lol
No different than the FK8 styling wise yet the Type R is childish and the GR is acceptable. It literally has the same bolt on flares that the Civic is knocked for.
Sponsored

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
True that, I dodged a bullet since I test drove one originally and was impressed with the cornering and speed - but it never felt natural to me, in the way the SI or Type R did. Ford should still have not given up - the engine was a simple fix - thicker cylinder walls. I think they did make changes after the first disastrous year. But Imagine if Honda stopped producing the SI because of oil dilution concerns. Even though my '17 SI had 52,000 trouble free miles on it when traded.
My point is if there was an issue with an SUV Ford would have fixed it (eventually) not just stopped making SUV's. Here is how it probably went down a few years back:

'Gee, our otherwise much loved halo car has an engine issue, boss. ''
'Okay, kill the entire segment. No more cars. Okay, except for the Mustang.'
'All of them? The Fusion, Focus, Fiesta, 500, Taurus...'
'Yes. Who cares? We sell more trucks in a week than all those put together.'
'Okay, you think anybody will be upset with us?'
'Nah, they probably won't even notice.'
'Couldn't we just fix the Focus RS?'
'What, you still here? I told you to kill off all our cars!'

'At least we have the Mustang, a true sports car, not some crossover EV abomination., we would never screw with that heritage, right?'

'About that....'