• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Wagner Intercooler

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
How is the air flow restriction to the radiator in this I/C any different from the PRL one?
This one covers all of the top side of the radiator also instead of the PRL which just covers most of the bottom.

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
yikes, i though the top part of the Wagner I/C was actually the radiator at first glance. oopsie
I'll admit, I did the same thing the first time. It is so outrageous that it plays tricks on your brain.

Last edited:

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I'll admit, I did the same thing the first time. It' so outrageous that it plays tricks on your brain.
I don’t really think there is a point in going so large. There is only so much thermal transfer you can get from ambient air.

MSUGeoman

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R #2486
I don’t believe the core thickness is as much as the PRL intercooler so they compensated by increasing the overall frontal area instead. Tube and fin will flow better than bar and plate in quality applications. I’m interested to see what effect it will have on coolant temps and IAT, will let you all know shortly.

MSUGeoman

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R #2486
I don’t believe the core thickness is as much as the PRL intercooler so they compensated by increasing the overall frontal area instead. Tube and fin will flow better than bar and plate in quality applications. I’m interested to see what effect it will have on coolant temps and IAT, will let you all know shoetly

Bigfx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 civic type r
This is interesting I have never seen Wagner not make a great intercooler on other platforms pretty sure they know what they are doing.

MSUGeoman

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R #2486
Quick calc to add, PRL volume is 14.4L to add to the comparison

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
This is interesting I have never seen Wagner not make a great intercooler on other platforms pretty sure they know what they are doing.
We are not saying it’s bad, just concerns for reductions in airflow to the radiator on a car that already overheats.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
I don’t believe the core thickness is as much as the PRL intercooler so they compensated by increasing the overall frontal area instead. Tube and fin will flow better than bar and plate in quality applications. I’m interested to see what effect it will have on coolant temps and IAT, will let you all know shoetly
Excited to hear your feedback.