• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Wagner Intercooler

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
I’ll give it a shot
Yeah just try it, if you need any help send me a DM and I will send you a demo of how to do it.

I will get some of the PRL and we can compare just so everybody can have data.
Sponsored

MSUGeoman

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R #2486
Stock 7 lbs
Wagner 21 lbs

Can’t find the install instructions anywhere in the box, does anyone here have one they could snap pics of and share?

Bigfx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 civic type r
I like how it’s has air guides to funnel more air into the intercooler, got a feeling there will be a lot of used prl intercoolers in the for sale section too.

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
I like how it’s has air guides to funnel more air into the intercooler, got a feeling there will be a lot of used prl intercoolers in the for sale section too.
Once we have the data it will provide a clearer picture.

MSUGeoman

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R #2486
Anyone else get one of these and have the instructions handy? I didn’t get a set of instructions with mine and I can’t figure out how the top brackets attach to finish the install…

blueroadster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Type R, 2020 F-150, 1964 Impala SS
Holy crap that is one huge ass intercooler. What is the pressure drop and are there fins in the end tanks to direct flow across the grid (particularly the top area)? Wagner makes a decent intercooler but I'd rather hold off on other options.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Holy crap that is one huge ass intercooler. What is the pressure drop and are there fins in the end tanks to direct flow across the grid (particularly the top area)? Wagner makes a decent intercooler but I'd rather hold off on other options.
Researching intercoolers they make for other vehicles I would say yes they direct air. This video is older but I speculate that it is still relevant.

They provide information on pressure drop for all intercoolers they make. It is more efficient than the OEM intercooler. I would have a difficult time paying for an intercooler without that information.

I reached out to Wagner early in the week and asked if they would post on the forum. The person I spoke with read the post and said that he would do so. Maybe they are waiting for authorization or for someone else in the company to do this or perhaps they decided against it.

Last edited:

ITSguy

First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type s
Anyone else get one of these and have the instructions handy? I didn’t get a set of instructions with mine and I can’t figure out how the top brackets attach to finish the install…
Were you able to complete the install? Mine will be here tomorrow so if it has the instructions, I’ll snap up some pics.

MSUGeoman

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R #2486
Were you able to complete the install? Mine will be here tomorrow so if it has the instructions, I’ll snap up some pics.
Nope, car is sitting in the garage with the front bumper cover off until I can get some guidance on how the top brackets mount up. I’m usually a pretty good troubleshooter but they have me flummoxed… if Wagner doesn’t get back to me tomorrow, if you could snap me a pic of the instructions, I would owe you a beer or three!

ITSguy

First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type s
Nope, car is sitting in the garage with the front bumper cover off until I can get some guidance on how the top brackets mount up. I’m usually a pretty good troubleshooter but they have me flummoxed… if Wagner doesn’t get back to me tomorrow, if you could snap me a pic of the instructions, I would owe you a beer or three!
What brackets though? I figured it would be a simple swap. Could you take a pic? I’ll be attempting this Tuesday so just wanna know what to expect
Sponsored