• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

What did you do to your CivicXI today??

CivicSportSGP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic, Mazda CX-5
Well, with only 112 miles on the odometer, I took apart the center console and installed my Idlestopper! My only criticism is the fact that the instruction video was filmed in portrait. Besides the felt tape, did anyone zip tie anything?

And, thanks to @Chilly613, a screen protector. Luckily, the dealer kept the film on the touch screen when I had the car delivered.

Lastly, I replaced the stock reverse lights with the VLEDS V6 Extrme 921 bulbs I had on my 10th gen. I tried the install when the car first arrived. However, when following the instructions, the bulb was too small to take place of the socket. When using the included spacer collar, it was too big!

After talking to customer support, with one of the employees actually having a Civic hatch to test, they said to twist the screws out two rotations. That worked, but scraped a bit of the chrome in the assembly.
11th Gen Honda Civic What did you do to your CivicXI today?? 20240419_173016

Though they still work very well.
11th Gen Honda Civic What did you do to your CivicXI today?? 20240419_184313

Please excuse the crap photos. Now all my exterior lights are LEDs.

And it turns out, one of the engineers at VLEDS owns an FL5!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Chilly613

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FL1 Civic Sport Touring 6MT
Build Thread
Link
Well, with only 112 miles on the odometer, I took apart the center console and installed my Idlestopper! My only criticism is the fact that the instruction video was filmed in portrait. Besides the felt tape, did anyone zip tie anything?

And, thanks to @Chilly613, a screen protector. Luckily, the dealer kept the film on the touch screen when I had the car delivered.

Lastly, I replaced the stock reverse lights with the VLEDS V6 Extrme 921 bulbs I had on my 10th gen. I tried the install when the car first arrived. However, when following the instructions, the bulb was too small to take place of the socket. When using the included spacer collar, it was too big!

After talking to customer support, with one of the employees actually having a Civic hatch to test, they said to twist the screws out two rotations. That worked, but scraped a bit of the chrome in the assembly.
20240419_173016.jpg

20240419_184313.jpg

Glad the screen protector worked out.

I might have to get a set of those reverse lights for myself.

CivicSportSGP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic, Mazda CX-5
This is what happens when I look at the internet. Thanks to the FL5 section of this forum, I opted to remove my front plate mount. And I was only looking for the size of the rear plate screws!

11th Gen Honda Civic What did you do to your CivicXI today?? 20240420_134925

You can just see the holes in the front grill.
11th Gen Honda Civic What did you do to your CivicXI today?? 20240420_134931

Unfortunately, I live in a two-plate state. So I ordered the front plate mount from Kollektiv Werks.

And my order of Tuxmats from @Unity Performance came earlier than expected! Coverage is great and I didn't even need to use the clips.

11th Gen Honda Civic What did you do to your CivicXI today?? 20240420_141600

CivicSportSGP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic, Mazda CX-5
First post on this new forum, but mine arrived today! '24 SGP Sport hatch. Replaced a '19 MSM Sport sedan.
This makes it my second Civic. So far, I love the hatchback practically over the sedan. And with only 12 miles on the odometer, I went ahead and replaced the stock incandescent turn signals with LEDs that I used in my 10th gen.

Tint is on the way. And in the future, maybe the door cards from the Sport Touring.

20240419_173016.jpg

20240419_184313.jpg

Big heads up. Please don't be like me.

While backing into a spot, the car immediately told me to put in "park." When I did, the instruments went dark and the car was locked into park. I ended up using the shift lock release to change gear. I called the dealer, thinking something else caused the issue. There was availability on the day. That was my first mistake.

I don't know why, but these LED bulbs blew two fuses on the BCM. The VLEDS have less wattage than the stock incandescent. Ditto the i-LED.

Dealer replaced one 15-amp fuse and all the rear bulbs. And caused $+450 bill due to the aftermarket parts.

I know it's a different car, but these were fine on my 10th gen.

Chilly613

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Big heads up. Please don't be like me.

While backing into a spot, the car immediately told me to put in "park." When I did, the instruments went dark and the car was locked into park. I ended up using the shift lock release to change gear. I called the dealer, thinking something else caused the issue. There was availability on the day. That was my first mistake.

I don't know why, but these LED bulbs blew two fuses on the BCM. The VLEDS have less wattage than the stock incandescent. Ditto the i-LED.

Dealer replaced one 15-amp fuse and all the rear bulbs. And caused $+450 bill due to the aftermarket parts.

I know it's a different car, but these were fine on my 10th gen.
That doesn't make any sense for something that draws less power to be the cause of the blown fuse, they normally blow because of more power. I've had LasFit LEDs since I bought my car and they draw less power. Did you mod anything else?

CivicSportSGP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic, Mazda CX-5
That doesn't make any sense for something that draws less power to be the cause of the blown fuse, they normally blow because of more power. I've had LasFit LEDs since I bought my car and they draw less power. Did you mod anything else?
The only other thing I can think of is the Idlestopper. Plus my Motorola MA1 in the USB port. I haven't done anything else. I contacted VLEDs and they can test the bulbs to see if something is wrong.

Now I'm worried about my future fog light and horn install.

Chilly613

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
The only other thing I can think of is the Idlestopper. Plus my Motorola MA1 in the USB port. I haven't done anything else. I contacted VLEDs and they can test the bulbs to see if something is wrong.

Now I'm worried about my future fog light and horn install.
I have the Idelstopper as well. Something seems weird. Hopefully they can give you an answer.

Chilly613

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Just got a delivery from Black Hawk Japan.

So much cheaper than buying from Honda State side. Going to be going back to the stock wheels for the time being, but got the black wheel locks, black lugs, and black Honda center caps.

Just waiting on my 20mm spacers from Mishimoto.

11th Gen Honda Civic What did you do to your CivicXI today?? 1713844056760-s2
Sponsored