• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Auto off engine... what did I do ?

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Hatchback Sport
Its been like this for a week. Every time I start it .. Its off ??

11th Gen Honda Civic Auto off engine... what did I do ? Screenshot_20220108-111358_Gallery
Sponsored

CeeBee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT - '21 Civic Hatch EX
Pick any that apply.

11th Gen Honda Civic Auto off engine... what did I do ? 1641658842933

11th Gen Honda Civic Auto off engine... what did I do ? 1641658865497

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2022 Subaru WRX
lucky you, most likely temp related, unless you don't wear a seat belt, lol

OP
OP
HondaPro

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Hatchback Sport
I had to turn it off every time. I was pushing and holding for 10sec and over and over trying to find a permanent way to turn it off. Then it just stopped turning on. Idk what I did. I'm like okay ?

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It has a mind of its own , mine will shut down and then will start up a few seconds later without me doing anything, probably based on outside temps and if there is a call for heat or a/c

sgtmorph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Sport Hatchback (BB)
It has a mind of its own , mine will shut down and then will start up a few seconds later without me doing anything, probably based on outside temps and if there is a call for heat or a/c
There are almost like 20 things that are pre-programmed to prevent the system from turning on, so whatā€™s the damn point of having a system, where countless variables purposely prevent it from working?

The greater majority really hates AIS, and hopefully one day Honda sees that too and just get rid of it altogetherā€¦. but we all know they wonā€™t ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There are almost like 20 things that are pre-programmed to prevent the system from turning on, so whatā€™s the damn point of having a system, where countless variables purposely prevent it from working?

The greater majority really hates AIS, and hopefully one day Honda sees that too and just get rid of it altogetherā€¦. but we all know they wonā€™t ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ
It is almost a requirement these days as all car manufacturers are having to do it to meet fuel and emissions requirements, Honda probably would not have done it on their own, I see full size pick up trucks starting and stopping around me at stop lights.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Is there a way to fool the car into thinking the hood is open when it's really not? Anyone know where the hood sensor is? I'd like to play around with the idea.

Tony503

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Mazda3 Turbo, 13 FR-S, 03 RSX Type S
www.idlestopper.com

I donā€™t have this product but have seen it mentioned positively in the Ody Club forum. Itā€™s not so annoying that Iā€™ll spend $80 for it though

explodingGTI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTI
Has it been very cold in your area? It's been -20C here, I noticed the same thing, have to drive my SI around for 20 minutes before the car gets warm enough to re-enable start/stop. The start/stop programming is minimally intrusive IMO, I haven't disabled it for the 3K km I've driven so far. It prioritizes cabin temperature over fuel efficiency

Tony503

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Mazda3 Turbo, 13 FR-S, 03 RSX Type S
Holding down the AIS button will enable messages showing why itā€™s not activating