• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
AI Answer
Learn more

A porous hood is a loose, breathable fabric sack that is often made of mesh and placed over a person's head to prevent them from spitting or biting. They are commonly used by police, medics, and prison guards to cover the heads of people in custody. Many hoods have an elastic band to loosely secure around the neck and allow officers to see the suspect's face. Spit hoods are often used in combination with other restraints.

Not sure why someone would want that for a track day.

Perhaps you're talking about a vented or ducted hood?
Oh wow, nice one… clearly slang is over your head, oh wait, thats slang - Nm.
Sponsored

Shingo Shoji

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 - Championship White
Finally got around to doing the fuse/exhaust valve thing. Definitely an improvement which is most noticeable at lower revs in car parks etc. Sounds decent to my ear.

TW00Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 S2000, 2023 CTR
Im

Get a porous hood to swap on track day. I just don’t understand why its so overlooked.
It’s not that it’s overlooked. Not everyone has the luxury of being able to swap hoods. If I could, I might. I already had to sell the wife on the idea that my S2000 hood sitting in our tiny apartment is a piece of art. Not sure I get her to agree to another piece of art from Honda.

MooMoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Type R
Flushed brake fluid with SRF and put some Paragon R5 pads in front and R3 int he back. Drove it around a bit and pedal feels nice, pads are super noisy lol, initial bite could be better but I think might just be because I was too used to my M2 comp BBK with ferodo 1.11. Modulation on the Paragons is nice. Also the Paragon folks are excellent to deal with, very impressed with their customer service. Also got their titanium shims.

Apex wheels go on it tomorrow, ready for first track day of the season on saturday, lets see what this thing can do.

11th Gen Honda Civic What did you do to your FL5 today? IMG_7483.JPG

11th Gen Honda Civic What did you do to your FL5 today? IMG_7482.JPG

11th Gen Honda Civic What did you do to your FL5 today? AD9FDD51-7CA5-4890-A903-F5F0568A5A92.JPG

Oh and yeah, having to work on a gravel drive way sucks ass, I am working on getting a garage ( although the blow up garage is actually pretty great for what it is)

ChrisTR444

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Honda Civic Type R
Day four with my 2024 CTR and needed the weekend to have the time to clean out the garage so car would fit. Wasn’t expecting to buy the car last week but had to act quick and take advantage of an MSRP opportunity.

TheFactor

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Type R
Took her to beach for the best chicken wings I’ve ever had in my life ! And a cold beverage 👍🏻👊🏻
Had the honor of parking next to this beautiful early 70’s corvette convertible 😳

11th Gen Honda Civic What did you do to your FL5 today? IMG_1613

11th Gen Honda Civic What did you do to your FL5 today? IMG_1612

Edit: Also put my license plate on that just came in. Guess she’s not a baby anymore 😆Although still only 170 miles lol

Last edited:

Sooner1

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR BB, 2015 Audi A3, 2023 CRV Touring Hybrid
These things are failing right and left. This is Honda! ... if they can issue a recall because the badge on a vehicle was placed on the wrong side of the hatch, certainly they can issue a recall for a true mechanical failure such as the overflow tank!
The dealer ordered the part, it has arrive and will be changed this Friday. The CTR is not my daily so the small wait is not a big inconvenience.

icemansi

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Type R
Day four with my 2024 CTR and needed the weekend to have the time to clean out the garage so car would fit. Wasn’t expecting to buy the car last week but had to act quick and take advantage of an MSRP opportunity.
Did the same, found the deal and had to act quickly, 8 hour round trip the next day. Even put a deposit down sight un seen. Didn’t even drive it until I did off the lot lol

ChrisTR444

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Honda Civic Type R
Did the same, found the deal and had to act quickly, 8 hour round trip the next day. Even put a deposit down sight un seen. Didn’t even drive it until I did off the lot lol
That’s awesome. Fortunately for me the dealership was only and hour away. At least the 8 hour drive allowed you to break in the engine in one trip. What color? Mine is Championship White. What part of the country are you at?

icemansi

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Type R
That’s awesome. Fortunately for me the dealership was only and hour away. At least the 8 hour drive allowed you to break in the engine in one trip. What color? Mine is Championship White. What part of the country are you at?
4 hours back home. Champ white!!!💪💪💪 located costal Va and car was up in north DC

TheFactor

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Type R
Red shift boot to get rid of the fake leather one, and to match the seats / carpet.

IMG_0515.jpg
Definitely not enough red in that interior 😆
J/K Brother looks good 👍🏻👊🏻
What’s it made of ? Looks similar to Alcantara.