• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

What do you guys predict the 11th gen Si will be like?

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV Touring, 2022 Civic Touring Sedan
I think if the power targets are the same, the 1.5T will likely stay. Add a DCT and maintain the LSD and a lot more would get sold. I can row gears but not my wife and my son is only now learning to drive and is not super excited. If there was a DCT Si back when I got this Civic, I would have got that.

Otherwise, I don't see EV or hybrid in the 11th gen.

As for the EV future, it would still not be hard to differentiate. Put in a more powerful battery pack and motor and then tweak the suspension. Different interior and boom, Si.

SHAYN3R

First Name
SHAYNE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Let's be real, Honda doesn't add a lot of power. I'd be surprised if the horsepower hits 215, with only slightly more torque. They'll probably keep the same power plant, perhaps with some beefier rods and maybe a slightly different turbo to make the extra power. They'll probably take a few parts from the current gen type r to further increase its handling aspects all while keeping the weight similar to what it is now.

OP
OP
Honda_RacerX

Honda_RacerX

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Let's be real, Honda doesn't add a lot of power. I'd be surprised if the horsepower hits 215, with only slightly more torque. They'll probably keep the same power plant, perhaps with some beefier rods and maybe a slightly different turbo to make the extra power. They'll probably take a few parts from the current gen type r to further increase its handling aspects all while keeping the weight similar to what it is now.
From 7th gen Si to 8th gen Si, the HP went from 160 to 197.

After 3 generations, I think its time we get another significant bump in power like that again. That is, if Honda cares about keeping up with the competition.

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
11th Gen Honda Civic What do you guys predict the 11th gen Si will be like? 3bjhs

MattyNice

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
I don’t see them doing much performance wise to the motor. That 1.5t is going to be around a long time. Honda has never seemed to care about raising the power in the Si. I don’t see them changing that now. I don’t see them doing away with the coupe either. I’ve seen 2x the Si coupes ve sedans in my area. And I’ve noticed more 10th gen Si’s around by a landslide compared to the prior ones. I mean, I owned 2 prior gens and almost never saw another Si on the road in the years driving them here in Charlotte.

DannyG1904

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
if the 11th gen doesn’t have a significant boost in power (30-50HP) it will be left behind by the remaining competitors. The GLI is already markedly quicker, the mk8 GTI will surely have a bump in power, the Veloster N starts with 250HP, etc.

Drop the 2.0t with the specs from the accord sport and I’d be satisfied. This would bring it back in line power wise with the major players in the segment. And would still leave room for a future Type R bumped up to 320-330HP.

geeeek

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Civic Hatch Sport 6MT
if the 11th gen doesn’t have a significant boost in power (30-50HP) it will be left behind by the remaining competitors. The GLI is already markedly quicker, the mk8 GTI will surely have a bump in power, the Veloster N starts with 250HP, etc.

Drop the 2.0t with the specs from the accord sport and I’d be satisfied. This would bring it back in line power wise with the major players in the segment. And would still leave room for a future Type R bumped up to 320-330HP.
2.0T Si hatch?

11th Gen Honda Civic What do you guys predict the 11th gen Si will be like? sings

maggs_10thgen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe Old whips: 2005 RSX Type S, 2015 Civic Si Coupe, 1998 Integra GSR Green, 1998 Integra GSR Red
2.0T Si hatch?

sings.jpg

Agreed. They need to bring the car up closer to it's competition. I think most people where expecting the 10th gen to be around 215hp-225hp.

MutatedMango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Si FC3
I've been thinking about this a lot recently. For the past 3 generations, the power hasn't really changed, although the handling has gotten better, that's for sure.

Any predictions on what the next gen Si will be like? I believe Honda will finally increase the power by a substantial amount (relative to previous increments) to maybe around 225 - 230 HP and similar torque numbers.

I also predict that there will be a hatchback variant, maybe even HB only - I certainly hope not, though. And if the coupe is still offered, it may be the last time we see it, sadly.

Finally, I believe it could possibly be the last generation Si. Unfortunately, EV will be more prevelant by the end of that generation. Honda, and most car makers, will be producing nothing but electric appliances on wheels.

We are entering a new era, and I am not looking forward to it.
I think it'll have manual and DCT option to get more buyers. I'm a fan of the manual masterrace but if it means the Si will stick around for longer I'm fine with it getting a DCT

jeanscuffed

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si

That's what I was thinking they'd do! Drop a re-tuned Accord Sport 2.0t engine and I'm sure you've got a Si that can keep up with the GTi's. I'm more concerned about the engine performance than, let's just say, an "HDMI" exhaust o_O

MaxPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan ABM, 2017 CR-V EX, formerly 2005 Saab 9-2x, 1986 Prelude Si
That's what I was thinking they'd do! Drop a re-tuned Accord Sport 2.0t engine and I'm sure you've got a Si that can keep up with the GTi's. I'm more concerned about the engine performance than, let's just say, an "HDMI" exhaust o_O
As much fun as that would be, I don't see Honda dropping the 2.0T into the Si. The result would just be too much like the R, even if they somewhat detune the 2.0. Seems like they want to maintain a significant separation in power between the Si and the R. Weren't there rumors that Honda actually underrated the 1.5T's horsepower numbers, possibly to emphasize/exaggerate that gap?

I think if the 11th gen R gets a power bump, then the Si will too. Say the R reaches 330hp, then the Si might land around 230hp (with a revision of the 1.5T). I think those numbers would yield a good result for both cars. The Si's power would end up closer to its competitors, while the R would be more beastly than ever.

EngineerEddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
If the Mk8 GTI goes up to 250HP like some rumors say, I'd hope they at least bump the 11th gen Si to 225HP.

Given that the Mk8 GTI comes out within a year (MY2020), and the 5-6 model year Civic generation lifecycle means 11th gen Civic should come out for model year 2021 or 2022, and thus 11th gen Si should come out somewhere from model year 2021 to 2023. Honda should have plenty of time to competitively benchmark before releasing the Si.

I'm fine with them staying moderately (20-30hp) below the GTI power numbers as long as the curb weight continues to be 100+ lbs lighter and the handling continues to be better/more satisfying.
Sponsored