• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Where’s the Aero?

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
Am I only one that can't stand listening to this guy? lol. Just had to keep skipping through the video. Love the lip
Some of these YouTubers are...interesting. I didn't want to get it into that in my post, just wanted to focus on the goods.

albi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Am I only one that can't stand listening to this guy? lol. Just had to keep skipping through the video. Love the lip
Him and many others lol

OP
OP
AspecR

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
You can always tell which YouTubers are doing it for the views and the ones that are doing it because it means more to them than revenue.

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
You can always tell which YouTubers are doing it for the views and the ones that are doing it because it means more to them than revenue.
I wish I had the personality for youtube. I do have a passion for cars, I hate all the clickbait that most youtubers have.

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
I think Dustin is actually better than most YouTubers and comes across as more genuine. I like the Varis lip and wing but can't stand the unpainted carbon hood on FL5's. It looks so bad with the fender/hood transition.

TW00Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 S2000, 2023 CTR
I think Dustin is actually better than most YouTubers and comes across as more genuine. I like the Varis lip and wing but can't stand the unpainted carbon hood on FL5's. It looks so bad with the fender/hood transition.
Funny you used the word genuine to describe him because to me, he’s the most fake. The words he uses are just too flowery. How can everything be a dream car or dream build? Like others I just fast forward to see the parts installed and now it looks or drives. Sometimes I just watch on mute.

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
I’d probably be flowery too if I had a successful YouTube channel that paid for my dream builds and a nice shop. 😂

That’s just part of selling the lifestyle. He’s not perfect but better than most I’ve watched. I think most of his builds are pretty tasteful as well.

Varis stuff looks good. Can any of the parts even be bought from a US distributor right now or is everything a 6 month wait?

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
I’d probably be flowery too if I had a successful YouTube channel that paid for my dream builds and a nice shop. 😂

That’s just part of selling the lifestyle. He’s not perfect but better than most I’ve watched. I think most of his builds are pretty tasteful as well.

Varis stuff looks good. Can any of the parts even be bought from a US distributor right now or is everything a 6 month wait?
They're allegedly "made to order" and the wait time is 6-12 months. There's also a markup from hell vis-à-vis what it's being sold for in Japan.

albi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R

There is a 6-12 month wait, but dealers I have seen are ordering in bulk so there is leftovers at the end of the day. So you could order through a dealer at the tail end of the wait and not have to wait nearly as long.

Strafe Racing (Justin Adams) has one spoiler leftover and LMTLS Auto (Luigi Arroyo) has one lip leftover from their orders.

arbies

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BB Type-R
Maybe I'm just unlucky, but after having the Aeroflowdynamics lip installed for 2.5 months, it has now broken in two spots. I think the first crack happened after repeated (very minor) scraping on our driveway. The second happened today after the car on the highway in front of me kicked up something and hit the lip. It seems to be more on the fragile side.

My cheap Ebay lip that I had on my FK8 held up better than this one. Anyways, just wanted to pass that along as a warning to others.