• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Wireless Charger almost never works

DeVo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type-R #21399 (sold). 2023 Type-R #912
Does this just not work for anyone else? I have an iPhone 14 Pro and it almost never works.
Sponsored

captainscott60

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Does this just not work for anyone else? I have an iPhone 14 Pro and it almost never works.
It’s in a Mag Safe Case ? I knew I would have to put on a new case ?
iPhone 14 Max pro plus. I don’t even know if it will fit ?

Enjoy the new car

captainscott60

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Is there at least a USB port close by or in the Arm rest forward or aft of the cup holder’s? And if yours is to big ? My plus will be way to big for the wireless charger. Let us know.
have a great holiday

OP
OP
DeVo

DeVo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is there at least a USB port close by or in the Arm rest forward or aft of the cup holder’s? And if yours is to big ? My plus will be way to big for the wireless charger. Let us know.
have a great holiday
There are ports. The phone isn't too big though

Tony503

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Mazda3 Turbo, 13 FR-S, 03 RSX Type S
I have an Otterbox case on my iPhone 14 Pro and the wireless charging is very unreliable. It seems like it has to be in just the right spot but I have no idea what that is. It’ll charge and then just stop charging as I’m driving. I wonder if the camera bump is preventing a good connection. My Qi charger at home that works fine is small enough where it fits below the camera bump.

madbikes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
Wireless phone charger are never designed to work well with thick phone cases, in-car and home-use. If one use something similar to the Otterbox Defender, none of the wireless phone charger built into the car will charge more than a minute. I tried on several different vehicles (not limited to Honda) that has wireless charger always end up having to use a cable.

OP
OP
DeVo

DeVo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After doing research it seems the Honda wireless charges don’t work with iPhones that have Mag Safe. Apparently, Honda/Acura is aware. I see posts dating back for a couple years regarding the issue.

Wingman520

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback
I've had nothing but issues with my phone trying to charge it on the wireless charger. iPhone 14 Pro. Tried without my clear case even as well and just went bare phone. Seems to be an issue that other forums have mentioned as well when google searching. Be nice to not use a cable, but it does keep the phone cooler since the wireless charging typically makes the phone warm overall and can even pause the charging from happening due to being too warm.

maracuch0

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Hatchback ST
I never use the wireless charging from the car. It does work but charges slowly. I use my own cables to charge. Besides, I cannot use it anymore because I added some organizers on that compartment to organize things so the phone wont fit there.

Mimzie2763

First Name
Parker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Toyota Supra Turbo 6MT, 2023 FL5
My Charger works 80% of the time. Almost every car that has a wireless charger never works. My Elantra N charger didn't work at all, what a pos car.

Fbuzan

First Name
Forrest
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB E350
On my 45 minute commute, waze can draw the phone down 7% or more. And if starting full, charging seems to cut out and not return.

USB isn't much better. Honda should fix this.

UJX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type-R #2479
I have an Iphone 13 Pro Max and use the Apple silicone case and the charger never works. I gave up very early and just got a USB cable.

type r fanatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Type R - Sonic Gray Pearl
I use a Caudabe Sheath Mag Safe case for my iPhone 13 and the charging works flawlessly. Only time the light changes colors is if I hit a bump, it slides off and I have to reposition it.
If your case is too thick, take it off and try the phone without the case. Then you’ll know to buy a thinner case. I recommend the Caudabe Sheath since I know for a fact it works.
Weird, I also have the sheath for my 13 pro and it does not charge well at all. My other case is a Mous case which I believe also has MagSafe and that one seems to work much better for some reason

Loulerg

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R BB #5515
If had the same issue dating back to my 2018 Accord 2.0t. It never works for me and I’ve had 3 different iPhones between that car the the Type R now. I recently took a survey I received from Honda North America and they explicitly asked about the wireless charger so I’m assuming they might be aware.
Sponsored