• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Wireless Charger almost never works

albi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Hmmmm, I have Galaxy Fold 4 and it charges 100% of the time
Sponsored

Chilly613

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FL1 Civic Sport Touring 6MT
Build Thread
Link
I have the OEM wireless charging pad and have no issues with charging my iPhone 14 Pro Max with a Magsafe case. I did have a thicker case previously, and that caused my phone to not charge. I switched to a Casetify case and its worked fine ever since. It also makes the back more flush with the giant camera bump so that also helps.

AshSerigala

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11-Gen Honda Civic Hatchback Sport-Touring
Had my 11 gen touring for over a year now & I guess I got lucky. Use the wireless charger daily and never had issues with it ( Samsung phone ). The android auto has yet to glitch, always connects within a minute of the car starting. No dropouts or display lag. Thankfully I havent been able to relate to any of the ( what seems common ) issues people have posted thus far.

Always had a love/hate for cars due to that. Past 8 years me and a friend bought the same car and his had issue after issue, $4K into repairs and always made him mad I had zero issues for >130K miles. Then the camshaft took a shit and the car was deemed scrap. At this rate, hopefully my civic isn't that way! Flawless until a big fail xD

albi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Had my 11 gen touring for over a year now & I guess I got lucky. Use the wireless charger daily and never had issues with it ( Samsung phone ). The android auto has yet to glitch, always connects within a minute of the car starting. No dropouts or display lag. Thankfully I havent been able to relate to any of the ( what seems common ) issues people have posted thus far.

Always had a love/hate for cars due to that. Past 8 years me and a friend bought the same car and his had issue after issue, $4K into repairs and always made him mad I had zero issues for >130K miles. Then the camshaft took a shit and the car was deemed scrap. At this rate, hopefully my civic isn't that way! Flawless until a big fail xD
Sounds like it may be an apple issue? Because I have the Fold 4 and have had no issues whatsoever with charging or android auto and I think all the posts I have seen are using iPhone? I may have missed some though

ScumbagRob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Sorry to bump an old thread, but I have been having issues with wireless charging as well. At first I thought it might be the phone case, but I took it out of the case entirely and it still didn't fare very well.

It will start charging most of the time immediately after I set it down, but it will usually stop after a minute or less. And my phone is usually not hot either, so I don't think it's an overheating issue.

It sounds like some people have been able to charge wirelessly with no issues. What are my chances of getting a successful replacement via warranty?

TW00Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 S2000, 2023 CTR
I have an iPhone 14 pro max with no case. Wireless charging does not work as the phone does not sit flat without a case. Even if it did, it slides around too much during any drive so I just use the port to charge.

heavyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F87
It's likely the case. I originally had the Apple plastic case for my 14 Pro and never had an issue charging my phone in my wife's Genesis, Tesla Model 3, or our home wireless chargers. After upgrading to a beefier case I can no longer wirelessly charge in the Model 3 and it works only sometimes in my Civic, wife's Genesis, and the house chargers if the phone is in the perfect position.