• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV Touring, 2022 Civic Touring Sedan
OK, ok.... You people that are going on about the Type-R Gundam Wing insanity.... This is not about you. This is the main platform for the sedan and likely a lot of styling cues for the hatch.

The SEDAN GenX is great and was distinctive. Now, as evidenced, we have a Honda Jetta. The Civic sedan still outsells the hatch and the two of them DWARF the Si and Type-R sales. The important part is how the overall platform looks and this is boring AF. Still not an ugly car as the Gen8 and first half 9 were.

At this point, I would say 5th, 6th and 10th are the best overall base generations. The rest were either simply a product of the time or were just crap (Gen8).

koivuns

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si CBP
they put the side marker back in the headlight NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
+1 to that my friend. one of my favorite things about the xgen is the separated side markers since you can switch them out super easily. Is it just me or do the body lines give off a jetta feel, i dunno. the hard crease running through the doors and up the rear quarters looks an awful lot like the jetta
11th Gen Honda Civic World Debut: 11th Gen Honda Civic Prototype! 1605712085049

a lot of the xigen seems similar to most new sedans, which is unfortunate because the xgen stood out so much, no other cars looked even close to it, say for maybe the insight but that's still a honda so it doesn't really count

NazTehRpR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Sedan Sport, '08 GSXR 600
Check this out. This basic shape is pretty similar to a Kia Forte:

dims.jpeg
2019_volkswagen_jetta_41_1920x1080~2.jpg

2019-Kia-Forte-in-red-side-profile_o-01.jpeg

2022-Honda-Civic-Prototype-30.jpg
Oh mercy, weā€™re literally blending in with other cars now.

koivuns

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si CBP
i think the only good thing about this reveal is that it'll drive prices down of the 2019 2020 and 2021 (do they make them?) xgen civics. I've been wanting an si but for some reason honda waited until 2020 to put the led headlights in the si, and I despise the stock headlights. i'm curious as to how they're going to do a hatchback for the xigen though

Last edited:

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think I'd hate it if I was younger, but while I don't now, it's just not exciting. The back looks like an Altima and the front looks like an Accord, but with a nod to Toyota's grill, which most people hate. I don't understand the point of a Civic anymore if it's this close to an Accord, especially if it'll also have power closer to the Accord now. The Civic will now just look like any other car on the road. I wonder if the coupe would have looked exciting. And I absolutely hate the dash.

And strange is Honda's decision to debut it on Twitch, which seems to be mainly for kids who have so much free time, they watch other people play games (thus many probably don't have jobs), yet the design seems to be geared more for an older age group than the previous gens.

daniellee789

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Even if the 10th Gens styling was controversial and thought of ugly by many, I feel like it was the best "feature" of the 10th gens, because it made them stand out from the rest of the competition. Like you can see a 10th gen on the road, and immediately know it's a civic. With the way the 11th gen looks though, I don't think it'll be the case anymore. It does look nice, but there really isn't anything special about the design, not enough to make it stand out from the rest of the competition.

koivuns

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si CBP
I always enjoy seeing the difference the window tint makes, especially when they show it all blacked out but it's a fishbowl when time comes to actually purchase the car. tints make such a world of personality difference

aldo

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
It looks like a smaller Accord, and no more coupe, but the good news is the new Type R should add another 50 HP, maybe another 100?

arpypat

First Name
Arpan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan ABM
Is think this concept could very well be what the 11th gen Si will look like. Black wheels, BBK, integrated duckbill spoiler, dual exhaust. The base models might get a little more toned down.

McDavid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX
I always enjoy seeing the difference the window tint makes, especially when they show it all blacked out but it's a fishbowl when time comes to actually purchase the car. tints make such a world of personality difference
Tints n tires, rims, always seem to make the biggest differences

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
I think I'd hate it if I was younger, but while I don't now, it's just not exciting. The back looks like an Altima and the front looks like an Accord, but with a nod to Toyota's grill, which most people hate. I don't understand the point of a Civic anymore if it's this close to an Accord, especially if it'll also have power closer to the Accord now. The Civic will now just look like any other car on the road. I wonder if the coupe would have looked exciting. And I absolutely hate the dash.

And strange is Honda's decision to debut it on Twitch, which seems to be mainly for kids who have so much free time, they watch other people play games (thus many probably don't have jobs), yet the design seems to be geared more for an older age group than the previous gens.

It's turning into the same issue Nissan is dealing with. Altima is longer than a Maxima now

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
i think the only good thing about this reveal is that it'll drive prices down of the 2019 2020 and 2021 (do they make them?) xgen civics. I've been wanting an si but for some reason honda waited until 2020 to put the led headlights in the si, and I despise the stock headlights. i'm curious as to how they're going to do a hatchback for the xigen though

Or 6mt xgen will become unicorn cars people speak about with wistful looks in their eyes

I think the 'hatch' will be a liftback/sportback ala A5 or Stinger or my old 91 foxbody

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey EX-L '18 Civic SI Sedan '94 300zx twin turbo 2001 Ford F-150 Sport
Itā€™s a mixed bag of better and cleaner look and doing away with the gaudy bits from gen 10 that I think will age badly with time... but looks softer to the point the lack of angles and sharpness take a little away. Screams VW to me. I absolutely despite the ā€œnailed on tabletā€ infotainment look. Longer wheelbase still means this car is going to be even less fun/quirky than our turn-of-the-century Accord-sized gen Xs are... so thatā€™s a bummer to me. I kind of thought our cars were already on the too-big side. It could be compelling with some big powertrain but if the K20C2 and L15B7 get carried over... itā€™d be a hard no-sell for me. Even if they ditch the TD025 for the alleged TD03 we got in the L15B7 and shoot for 220-240 hp... nah.

I do think itā€™s actually the right direction for Honda as a brand... but thereā€™s nothing about it compelling enough for me to buy. As a former RSX type-S owner... 15 Si owner and a ā€˜18 Si owner... Iā€™m happy to vote with my wallet. Itā€™s going to take a compelling powertrain upgrade to get me to swap again. The car as it sits aesthetically wonā€™t make me unload my gen 10.
Sponsored

Last edited: