• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
It's one of the ugliest car's i've ever seen.
Looks almost like if a Fiat Multipla and a Pontiac Aztek had a child which went to the beauty doc.
To be fair, that's the base model Elantra. I actual think it's not bad in N line form. Just different. One of those cars I guarantee looks better in person.

11th Gen Honda Civic World Debut: 11th Gen Honda Civic Prototype! 2021-elantra-n-0240_16-9
Sponsored

Nitro_x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Plain Jane, the dash looks elderly. It appeared like VW to me then a Hyundai from the rear end! Easy being a automobile designer nowadays, no creativity required. 80's were better when the civic or accord had a personality but no similarity. I will probably go for this one in red color.
11th Gen Honda Civic World Debut: 11th Gen Honda Civic Prototype! Honda

Nitro_x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
I know this will be a nice car but it is really starting to go away from it's roots. Like you said, it's pretty much an Accord Lite.

Who knows, maybe Honda will surprise us with something smaller like a new CRX/CRZ type vehicle. In a way that would make sense in the US. They dropped the Fit and the Civic is going "more mature". Honda are you listening?
Well said, can't agree more. The "Accord Lite" decal will look nice though.

NazTehRpR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Sedan Sport, '08 GSXR 600
To be fair, that's the base model Elantra. I actual think it's not bad in N line form. Just different. One of those cars I guarantee looks better in person.

2021-elantra-n-0240_16-9.jpg
This does look pretty fire, not gonna lie. Every new car wanna be more curvy and tame to fit the modern/future look. I just want some sexy curves to be a pain to wash and orgasmic to look at.

civic_n00b93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX-T, '03 Tiburon GT
Honestly, nothing on this looks original. Camry front, A3/Jetta back, maybe Audi-ish interior? Pass

Junhua

First Name
jun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic 2016
Same, I look back at mine every time I park like 2-3 times, love how MEAN it looks, so much different than other cars. Now it looks like we're starting to "blend" with the current crowd.
Exactly, i love to watch my car after i park, always feeling satisfied
11th Gen Honda Civic World Debut: 11th Gen Honda Civic Prototype! sunrise

Tags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si sedan, 2014 Mazda 3 2.5 Touring HB, 2020 Volkswagen Tiguan
Little bit of BMW, little bit of Lexus.

I like the long hood and the more-upright windshield. Vaguely reminiscent of Euro-market Hondas from decades past that I wished we could get here. I will miss the aggressiveness, especially in front three-quarters view, of the current Si sedan, but there's no doubt that we have a major upgrade in class here, as well as ingress/egress.

I also like the interior sketch. It's like a cross between classic 80's Honda and retro-60's cues with modern details, obviously. I don't understand some articles saying that the current Civic interior and dash are "claustrophobic" as they're exactly the opposite. The angled center stack with integrated screen in the current interio make for a clean and airy feel, though I recognize the practical advantages of floating the screen on top of the dash.

A mild concern -- the honeycomb vents look like they'll be impossible to attach a phone mount to.

Overall, not bad at all. Could have been a lot worse. Now bump the Si to 220-240 hp and fix second gear and I'm there.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
I also like the interior sketch. It's like a cross between classic 80's Honda and retro-60's cues with modern details, obviously. I don't understand some articles saying that the current Civic interior and dash are "claustrophobic" as they're exactly the opposite.
I don't understand these publications sometimes... when the 10th gen concept car was first shown, they RAVED about the styling. Then they spent the next 5 years complaining about the civic being over styled (despite being 99% accurate to the concept). They STILL bring up the damn volume knob situation even though it was corrected in the mid model update. I've read multiple times articles calling out the civic for a bright and airy cabin... but now its somehow claustrophobic? Hell, the 8th gen civic was the MT car of the year, and they spent the following 5 years shitting on how slow and boring it was..... I read car reviews for technical stuff... instrumented testing of performance, etc, but take their opinions with a grain of salt, because they seem to love every new concept/prototype until it's actually released for sale.

Charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
It's unremarkable. Honda was flooded with "overdone" comments mostly by car magazine types and people who don't buy civics anyway. So now they may get "bland" comments. It looks like anything out there.

35E3C1AC-44AD-45A4-8208-8217DD21C21A.jpeg

Interior is probably OK.
One clearly good thing is that they allegedly pulled the A pillars back. In X gen. the pillars definitely get in the way and block critical parts of the view both in left and right turns. Good call, Honda (assuming the issue is actually fixed).
It’s tragic that Honda listens to the car magazine types. They did the same thing with the volume slider. It worked just fine. You can click it one at a time at the top and bottom of the slider (just like any other car that you click to go up and down for volume adjustment on the steering wheel). The sliding bit was just a bonus. The car magazine types obviously did not spend enough time with the car to realise this. Honda had the slider designed right from the beginning.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X2 M35i
11th Gen Honda Civic World Debut: 11th Gen Honda Civic Prototype! 7C5B7811-4ABB-4BDC-B9A7-AA225B826199
11th Gen Honda Civic World Debut: 11th Gen Honda Civic Prototype! EE9E8C75-9E3A-4DE8-BEC6-197D5B34C66E
11th Gen Honda Civic World Debut: 11th Gen Honda Civic Prototype! D6785E29-8F68-4165-9188-0C452DA32731

Hey all, I’m new to the Fourm but I’ve been seeing this page since the spy shots of Gen XI. Thought I share with you all what I found online.

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 si sedan, FZ1, CR450R, Shadow 750
What model would that be with 235/35/19 on a 19x8? I'd imagine the lower trims wearing 18x7 or even 17x7 with 215/45.

When did cabins turn Into greenhouse and what the hell are people growing in their cars? Is the 20% tinted windows and windshield OEM and conducive of a good grow?

Sphinxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic EX-T
Not a huge fan of the 11th Gen. Lost its sporty look, fewer curves, less personality. Disappointed how it looks like any other car brand on the road. Does not stand out from the crowd from the front and the rear. For me, I agree with some that it looks boring, when the 10th Gen came out, it was a big change from the 9th Gen.

When I was out for a new car that time, Civic was the best looking car against Corolla, Cruze, Sentra, Mazda3, and Elantra. Without question got the Civic, the best decision at that time. You can easily spot Civics from the traffic of cars when driving with its distinct personality and crazy tail lights. Now the next Gen is just plain and simple, I doubt it will attract younger drivers as it lost its cool sporty vibe. I will stick with my 10th Gen without feeling any regret getting the upcoming Civic.

Who knows maybe its a marketing strategy, the odd-numbered Generations are kept a simple and safe design to appeal to people who don't want any attention and even-numbered Generations are for wild, sporty, attention-grabbing designs for the youthful and people who want to stay young. So keeping my fingers crossed for the 12th Gen.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
I agree with you. The tag line I've heard from Honda Japan is that they felt like 10th gen owners have matured and they wanted the new gen Civic to match that idea. And while I'm sure some 10th gen owners love the more subdued look, it's lost it's identity a bit.

When I saw the 10th gen prototype, I couldn't believe how different and great it looked for a Civic. With this 11th gen, I see less originality and more of a design by committee, cookie cutter look.

It will appeal to a lot of folks but I'm a bit disappointed. I still want to wait til they show the actual interior and drivetrain specs before making up my mind. One thing I don't like is the stuck on top tablet look.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
I agree with you. The tag line I've heard from Honda Japan is that they felt like 10th gen owners have matured and they wanted the new gen Civic to match that idea. And while I'm sure some 10th gen owners love the more subdued look, it's lost it's identity a bit.

When I saw the 10th gen prototype, I couldn't believe how different and great it looked for a Civic. With this 11th gen, I see less originality and more of a design by committee, cookie cutter look.

It will appeal to a lot of folks but I'm a bit disappointed. I still want to wait til they show the actual interior and drivetrain specs before making up my mind. One thing I don't like is the stuck on top tablet look.
The way I view it is it's extremely rare for an automaker to be able to follow a great design with another great one. So if they tried to match the over the top design of 10th gen, it might have gone badly. So I think it's smart to go more mature with this gen, then maybe go aggressive for the 12th gen.

I don't think Honda was getting conservative cause of complaints about the 10th gen - the car was hugely successful so I don't think Honda considers the styling a mistake, it was obviously a succcess.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Prelude Si
10th gen is overstyled.

Many of us here are ported over from the CivicX website, so it goes that as enthusiasts of Gen 10, y'all will predominately declare it as a better design.

Personally, I found it to be overstyled and ended up with a 2016 GTI lease. And I find Gen 11 far more appealing to myself.

I know y'all think the Gen 10 is "original" or expressive, but it's a mass-produced machine and I do believe a few people are turned off by it. Obviously not people baked into the Gen 10 community....as good as the Gen 10 car really is, I couldn't talk my wife into buying one. She preferred the 2020 Corolla Hatchback. She may have been more receptive to Gen 11.
Sponsored