• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Prelude Si
To me, it's a mass produced car. And there's a lot of styling already built in to it. It appealed to you, but not me.
It's not "original" when it's stamped into 100's of 1,000's of cars.

You think you have an original design when a cat-loving-single-corporate-accountant also has one?

I am not trying to state this as a "fact" or a diss on anyone's appreciation of the Gen 10 car. Some of us prefer a more restrained outward style. That's all. But, it's not "original". And those pics of the origami'd Hyundai? Whatever..... not all of us want a car that makes such a strong styling statement.

I remember in the 90's when super-bland Civics were killing it with their merits as one of the best econo-cars you could buy. Totally conservative styling. It was up to the owner to add styling to the "blank canvas" of those cars. Wings West, Erebuni, imported JDM kits.
There was a lot more excitement over that "bland" generation of Civic/Integra than there is today.
Sponsored

NazTehRpR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Sedan Sport, '08 GSXR 600
I showed it to my friend who loves Mazda, and even he said he’s not a fan because “it looks like every other car on the road now and he hates that trend”.

Handsoffmybacon

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ultra vtec yo fo days dude
What’s that’s that Camry doing with a Honda logo?

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Prelude Si
I agree with you, it is unique to itself. Specifically, I think the headlight/grill area is very unique and it seems Honda tried to retain that for the current Accord and the new Civic (toned down but looks related).

One thing I really agree upon is the rear end absolutely looks like a Jetta. I don't see all of the other cars (Camry, no!)people are saying it's like. But the rear tail lights are totally Jetta.
Since I first saw the renders of Gen 11 I have consistently preferred the hatchback design.

If people wanna talk about rears that look the same, I always get the earlier Genesis sedan mixed up with the 2013 Accord sedan.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
To me, it's a mass produced car. And there's a lot of styling already built in to it. It appealed to you, but not me.
It's not "original" when it's stamped into 100's of 1,000's of cars.

You think you have an original design when a cat-loving-single-corporate-accountant also has one?

I am not trying to state this as a "fact" or a diss on anyone's appreciation of the Gen 10 car. Some of us prefer a more restrained outward style. That's all. But, it's not "original". And those pics of the origami'd Hyundai? Whatever..... not all of us want a car that makes such a strong styling statement.

I remember in the 90's when super-bland Civics were killing it with their merits as one of the best econo-cars you could buy. Totally conservative styling. It was up to the owner to add styling to the "blank canvas" of those cars. Wings West, Erebuni, imported JDM kits.
There was a lot more excitement over that "bland" generation of Civic/Integra than there is today.
All cars are mass produced, as far as I'm concerned. If you say civic X is not "original," can you give an example of a car that's "original" ? Or, are you saying all cars are not "original"?

Even very rich people buy cars with exactly the same sheet metal shapes as their fellow extremely rich people. How many unique cars have been designed especially for someone? How relevant to you is this minute number of truly "bespoke" cars in all history? So what are you talking about when you say the civic is a mass produced car that's not "original" ? As opposed to what? An oil painting? I'm afraid there is zero meaning in such statements.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Prelude Si
All cars are mass produced, as far as I'm concerned. If you say civic X is not "original," can you give an example of a car that's "original" ? Or, are you saying all cars are not "original"?

Even very rich people buy cars with exactly the same sheet metal shapes as their fellow extremely rich people. How many unique cars have been designed especially for someone? How relevant to you is this minute number of truly "bespoke" cars in all history? So what are you talking about when you say the civic is a mass produced car that's not "original" ? As opposed to what? An oil painting? I'm afraid there is zero meaning in such statements.
My point originally was to point out the "fanboism" of many of the negative comments towards the appearance of the Gen 11.
Most of us are ported over from the CivicX forums, and most of them are obviously appreciative of the style of their Gen 10 car and like it more than the Gen 11 car, so the majority of the comments here, from Gen 10 owners are negative towards Gen 11.
However, I have seen MOSTLY praise for the Gen 11 from other sources, such as automotive reviewers and people on other forums.
Personally, I am NOT a "fan" of the Gen 10, but I don't hate it.....but....I'm just trying to point out how it sounds to someone who thinks the Gen 11 looks better than the Gen 10 to keep hearing that the Gen 10 is "original" (and I'm assuming more preferred)

I think we're splitting hairs and being pedantic now....
Yes the Gen 10 is more "original" in design (but so "original that it looks too busy to me) (also mentioned that in post 142)
The Gen 10 is so mass produced I personally am not impressed by it's "originality".
I personally think the Gen 11 looks better.
I also agree the Gen 11 is so toned-down it is beginning to look like other cars. Other cars that look good to me.

Mikeybc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-T, 2015 Nissan Murano
Love the rear end, not sure about the front end....that dash is awful !!!

I won't be getting an 11th just because the dash looks like something from a 65 Buick. And that big ugly screen tacked to the middle of the dash is the worst trend ever

Last edited:

Scarlet

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Civic LX Sedan - 1998 Civic Hatch TBD Turbo Something - 2014 Honda Ruckus - 2017 Civic Si Coupe
I can't wait to see the legit Si's and Type R's, with some little extras added it will look a lot better, I'm hoping haha

se7encrows

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
One thing I don't see talked about and it was one of the first things I thought of when I saw it. The exhaust being integrated into the rear the way it is. This is going to limit after market exhaust setups.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
One thing I don't see talked about and it was one of the first things I thought of when I saw it. The exhaust being integrated into the rear the way it is. This is going to limit after market exhaust setups.
True. I have a feeling that the finished product won't even be real integrated exhaust outlets. It'll be like the sport trim accord that just has chrome trimmed holes in the rear bumper that the exhaust outlets sit behind. And most likely the Si/Sport trims will be the only ones with these, the rest will probably continue on with hidden exhaust. I'm sure people will find a work around, be it cutting into the rear bumper, outlets that come out below the bumper, or ones that can integrate with the holes that are already there.

xaviersayys

Xavier
First Name
Xavier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
True, but I like the look. I hope that they at least keep the integrated dual exhaust outlets in the EX trims and higher. Having integrated exhaust tips are still better than none. That has been the biggest gripe with my EX-T, hence why I got a rear diffuser and had exhaust tips routed on.
Sponsored