Sponsored

Say Goodbye to Your Favorite Sticky Tires in California

Websitesdown

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2024
Threads
5
Messages
428
Reaction score
345
I don't think anyone was offended, it's just a tired trope. Every gun-nut-freedom-patriot likes to shit on California.

I just use these forums as an attempt to escape all the incessant partisan bickering and get severely irritated when it shows up in my happy place.

Yes, this is my happy place.

To be fair you're calling conservatives, " gun nut freedom patriots " that's kind of biased and rude. Guns are why we're free people still.
Sponsored

 

RODSCIVIC

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2017
Threads
24
Messages
1,156
Reaction score
345
Location
SoCal
Vehicle(s)
2015 Acura MDX 2016 Focus ST 2018 Si Sedan
What's funny about all this is CARB and California Environmental policies were all started under Conservatives. The other side just ran crazy with it as a way to make more money for whatever cause they wanted. At least we dont have to smog for 8 years on new cars?

Before this gets shut down due to politics, maybe we should be blaming Michelin for bringing up a 2003 law that was placed on the shelf. Someone is benefitting from this and it isn't the taxpayer, left or right.

We the enthusiast are the minority in this, in any state BTW.
 

Websitesdown

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2024
Threads
5
Messages
428
Reaction score
345
What's funny about all this is CARB and California Environmental policies were all started under Conservatives. The other side just ran crazy with it as a way to make more money for whatever cause they wanted. At least we dont have to smog for 8 years on new cars?

Before this gets shut down due to politics, maybe we should be blaming Michelin for bringing up a 2003 law that was placed on the shelf. Someone is benefitting from this and it isn't the taxpayer, left or right.

We the enthusiast are the minority in this, in any state BTW.

Fair, I'm just saying I will not call anyone names. I am open to debate at any point as we all should be. To say one thing then turn right around in the same paragraph and do another is hypocritical and counter productive.
 

RODSCIVIC

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2017
Threads
24
Messages
1,156
Reaction score
345
Location
SoCal
Vehicle(s)
2015 Acura MDX 2016 Focus ST 2018 Si Sedan
Fair, I'm just saying I will not call anyone names. I am open to debate at any point as we all should be. To say one thing then turn right around in the same paragraph and do another is hypocritical and counter productive.
This is exactly it, especially as enthusiast. We need to stop looking at this like a sports team and really come together to make a difference.

BTW. There is already a proposed Tire Center in Primm. My take is that much like the all EV Sales law, this will never take effect.
 

Websitesdown

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2024
Threads
5
Messages
428
Reaction score
345
This is exactly it, especially as enthusiast. We need to stop looking at this like a sports team and really come together to make a difference.

BTW. There is already a proposed Tire Center in Primm. My take is that much like the all EV Sales law, this will never take effect.

As far as the new tire regulations go.. I definitely think they're making a mistake here and going to far. The technology for electric vehicles is not perfect yet though I'm sure we will get there eventually but that being said. To outright ban things is not the way to go.

They're taking the wrong approach to making things better by doing so. They definitely did not have smart engineers look at this before deciding to do it.
 


optronix

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2023
Threads
2
Messages
736
Reaction score
1,119
Location
Mid-Atlantic
Vehicle(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS, 2025 Miata Club BBR
To be fair you're calling conservatives, " gun nut freedom patriots " that's kind of biased and rude. Guns are why we're free people still.
Conservatives and liberals both own guns. You answered your own question on who the nuts are.

edit: I'd like you to quote me on where I used the label "conservative" anywhere.

I've noticed your posts are deeply concentrated on these topics.
 

Websitesdown

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2024
Threads
5
Messages
428
Reaction score
345
Lol stfu dude. Conservatives and liberals both own guns. You answered your own question on who the nuts are.
I reported you. You're being abusive and a bully. I refuse to play that game. We're all human and all deserve respect, including you.

That's the real problem.

Conservatives and liberals both own guns. You answered your own question on who the nuts are.

edit: I'd like you to quote me on where I used the label "conservative" anywhere.

I've noticed your posts are deeply concentrated on these topics.
I'm glad I quoted you before you could literally change everything you originally posted. I'm done.
 
Last edited:

Spart

Senior Member
Joined
May 31, 2025
Threads
5
Messages
299
Reaction score
423
Location
Midwest
Vehicle(s)
2025 Integra Type S
I reported you. You're being abusive and a bully. I refuse to play that game. We're all human and all deserve respect, including you.

That's the real problem.

I'm glad I quoted you before you could literally change everything you originally posted. I'm done.
I'm not going to bother uncovering his comments (he's been on the ignore list for a while, for good reason: he's deliberately obtuse) but IMAGINE MY SHOCK.
 

Websitesdown

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2024
Threads
5
Messages
428
Reaction score
345
I'm not going to bother uncovering his comments (he's been on the ignore list for a while, for good reason: he's deliberately obtuse) but IMAGINE MY SHOCK.
Spart, thank you. I respect you for that seriously. If I ever came off wrong towards you, I'm genuinely sorry.

I didn't go through his, comments either because that would be creepy and stalking. I'm not about that. I'm about being a good human and treating everybody equally.
 
Last edited:


Phillie9284

Member
First Name
Philip
Joined
Apr 20, 2024
Threads
0
Messages
11
Reaction score
9
Location
Los Angeles
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Type R, 2023 X3M, 2015 M3, 1993 RX-7
Everyone needs to relax. Any tire with a speed rating of “W” or higher are exempt from the regulation. Unless you’re a cheap skate that buys shitty tires or a drifter that buys crappy tires to practice on, you’re in the clear.
 

Spart

Senior Member
Joined
May 31, 2025
Threads
5
Messages
299
Reaction score
423
Location
Midwest
Vehicle(s)
2025 Integra Type S
Everyone needs to relax. Any tire with a speed rating of “W” or higher are exempt from the regulation. Unless you’re a cheap skate that buys shitty tires or a drifter that buys crappy tires to practice on, you’re in the clear.
That would be great if it were true.

But it isn't.

It must have a TW rating of 200 or less and a speed rating of W or higher. And two other requirements including tread depth and all-season suitability. Straight from the energy.ca.gov website (this is a portion of the law that was passed, not someone's summary)

11th Gen Honda Civic Say Goodbye to Your Favorite Sticky Tires in California 1788267786756-mt


This law bans the tires that the CTR is equipped with from the factory. It is both greater than 200TW and has more than 8/32" of tread depth (9.5.)

It actually bans that entire class of tires.

Anything in the "Max Performance Summer" category at TireRack - meaning 220, 260, 280, and 300TW tires - are banned.

I look forward to the year 2039 when California finally bans the thing it hates the most - human life.
 

optronix

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2023
Threads
2
Messages
736
Reaction score
1,119
Location
Mid-Atlantic
Vehicle(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS, 2025 Miata Club BBR
I'm not going to bother uncovering his comments (he's been on the ignore list for a while, for good reason: he's deliberately obtuse) but IMAGINE MY SHOCK.
What's shocking is riding someone's nuts while also claiming you're ignoring them.
 
 







Top