• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

NazTehRpR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Sedan Sport, '08 GSXR 600
People...every single generation the same comments are say...don't like it...ugly, blah blah blah...every single...one....and you'll see...after you see them on the road and your eye starts to accustom to it, people will like it. Typical humans and their difficulty with change....
Nah fam, there’s an accord for a reason. It’s pretty I’ll give it that, def new gen, interior is sexy, besides the joystick controllers on the vents. But let’s be real, this is the 2022 Accord, someone messed up, this don’t scream civic after coming from the 10th gen. ?
-
I've said it before and I'll say it again - the boomerang taillights are one of the best design features of the 10th gen.

RIP. We don't want an Accord!
it’s the only way I know it’s a civic from far away, was thinking of going aftermarket but man I just love stock for some reason to much. ?
Sponsored

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
Remind me again who said the 10th gen concept was ugly??? I'll wait.....:cool:

2016-Honda-Civic-Concept-2.jpg

e08ff12e79887819e6ad983b18c003be.jpg
Reviews didn't say the coupe was ugly, they said the Type R was ugly. Most reviews said that.

And the beautiful coupe sold so poorly they canned it.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
There. is one thing that i am hating in "most" of new cars is that the infotainment screen popping out of the dashboard. I mean is there a technical reason to do so? GM vehicles have been able to put that in dashboard. VW Jetta has it in dashboard. new mrec has gone one step ahead and make a big screen which captures both speedometer and the infotainment. why can't other cars put that in the dashboard :(

I got 2016 civic and one of the reason i chose civic among others was because the infotainment screen was kind of in dashboard, it wasn't popping out and in 2022 its popping out now ... its kind of pet peeve for me.
I don't know I've had a rental car yet that had that high-mounted screen, so I'm not sure, but it seems like it would be very distracting sticking up above blocking the view of the road.

I test drove an Elantra GT and didn't seem to mind so maybe it's ok in practice.

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
I'm sure this new gen will be a fine car. It's still a blast to drive my 17 Si, so I'm in no hurry to be an early adopter for the 11th Gen. I'll never drive another sedan if I can help it, so I hope the 11 Gen hatch is a significant upgrade to the 10 Gen hatch.

For those who are lusting for a new Civic I'd say you're best bet is to wait until at least late 2022 before buying.

Synomenon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
I've said it before and I'll say it again - the boomerang taillights are one of the best design features of the 10th gen.

RIP. We don't want an Accord!
I agree. The boomerang tail lights are actually one of the reasons I got my hatchback. I regret not getting another one after trading in my first one.

Hondabob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
11th Gen Honda Civic Its Here! 2022 Honda Civic Sedan Official Pics, Videos and Specs CF3E46EB-D688-42F6-80BA-76EE620A96AB

this image from the JD Power preview gives me serious 992 911 cabin vibes. I’m excited to feel out the new seating position and information displays.
Hope the ILX replacement looks as good as this, I really don’t want a CVT.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
I’d be shocked if there’s no automatic on this gen Tupe R and Si. Honda is leaving money on the table.

Hondabob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
That would sell a lot more than the Si. As with most cities, I live in a place that is absolutely awful to drive a manual daily. I have a 10th gen Si currently and will not buy another one if it’s manual only.

The ILX is the civics saving grace if they do it right. Current transmission is a 8 speed DCT on the ILX.
My backup plan if they fail to bring the Si with a DCT is a TLX or integra/RSX whatever they call it.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Whew, this basically makes me increasingly happy to have my 10th gen coupe. Sure, the interior is a little cleaner which I like, though the features it has does make me question how useable and spacious different compartments are inside. But it def looks a little more retro and simplified, which overall I do like.

The exterior though, I really just don't like unfortunately. The rear looks fine by itself, but the side profile and the front fascia is just not my taste. Really, this is just a slightly altered Accord, but with a pretty meh front, but a cleaner rear. Honestly, the only thing I've liked so far is the burnt orange color they got, which I would have loved for the 10th gen.

Simply put, I just can't see this as anything other than an edited Accord. Nothing really *shows* to me that it's a Civic. Notably, the taillights being pretty generic, versus the extremely characteristic 10th gen taillights that you can spot a mile away. I've always liked Honda's design cue of the "C" taillights they've had for generations, and for them to just remove that one aspect just to make an Accord instead is just a bit disappointing. (Not saying that Civic's *require* those taillights or anything though - just that I feel the general shape they've kept with the taillights for the Civics have grown and evolved very well with with the body plan as they've developed over the years. So this sudden change to a pretty generic [imo] taillight setup just feels, off...?)

Makes me just think that Honda has tried to save money by building the new Civic from the Accord body (causing them to not have a coupe anymore), since so much of the new sedan is screaming '10th gen Accord' to me. Overall this is understandable given the circumstances of the pandemic. But making a whole new generation that just seems a little on the 'slapped together' side of the designer spectrum, just makes me more glad that I have what I have. Of course, I am still super curious how the Si and Type R will turn out though!

Edit: Also, the new infotainment system just sticking out like what other car manufacturers have been doing is a huge turn off. I feel Honda pulled this off well in the 10th gen Civic with the system being blended into the console, so it's not just obtrusive and gaudy.

Last edited:
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Hmm, for me personally, I would take a traditional manual transmission over a DCT any day for a car of this power range and the usage that they are built for. DCT would be good for much more powerful cars, like M3's and whatnot, and they can actually utilize that quick shifting to really get up to speed. But for cars at this power range, I feel a DCT would just add more expense to the car for not much benefit. I think almost no matter what, a traditional manual is just infinitely more satisfying/rewarding and connective than even a DCT, despite the drawbacks a MT has under a DCT. I'm curious for when Honda might consider DCTs in their consumer cars though!

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Might have to go back to manual hatch if they add an Si to the lineup now that the coupe is done for.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
No, won't buy an automatic Si or Type R. Not saying I'll never buy an automatic car, but there's a lot more competition if you include automatics. Losing the manuals will bump Honda off my list.

But Honda could probably triple sales if they added a DTC to the Si or Type R. It's baffling why they stick to manual only.
Sponsored