• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
oh no

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Remember this is the Sport Touring trim.
ah gotcha, i'm liking the sedan body style much more than the hatch.

gives me strong kia stinger vibes on the rear, i honestly can't say that i'm a fan.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Huge step back on the exhaust IMO. And the badges look like they were just stuck wherever they'd fit. Love the colour though.

popopopop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Si Sedan
Love the rear bumper valance for sure, thought it needed it.

DavidM42

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Forte GT2 (waiting for 2022 Civic Si)
ah gotcha, i'm liking the sedan body style much more than the hatch.

gives me strong kia stinger vibes on the rear, i honestly can't say that i'm a fan.
I really, really WANTED to like the new Civic. The design was ok looking so far until... I sat in one at the local dealer last week. It was a touring and... 1. the seats are too soft, not something I can live with. 2. the honeycomb mesh would be cool if it was made of a different material. It's cheap plastic, it bends and it will be an absolute nightmare to keep it clean behind it. I guess there's a reason why nobody else does stuff like this in cars. 3. The exterior - sorry, personal taste, I know - looks much less appealing in person than it does in pictures online. It's just so... plain and there's no "wow" about it like we all felt it when 10th gen was revealed. The back is 99% jetta looking to me. I can't shake the feeling I am looking at a VW when I am behind this car. 4. Steering wheel is ok but far beyond competition. Kia leaves it far behind.

Still waiting to see what we get with the Si and Type R but none of the so far introduced trims will make it to my driveway.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
I do like the hatch much more than the sedan... the sedan is just way too dull in the back... the kia stinger vibes I get from the hatch are a big improvement IMO. I also like that color, looks similar to the Boost Blue on the type R... might even be the same color. Fake exhaust is kind of meh considering the sedan actually got normal exhaust finishers... but I could live with it. Still wish it was a true full width tail light, but again, I could live with it.

My biggest issue now is the downgrade in performance already being reported from the Sedan... extra weight and efficiency improvements, despite the power bump to the 1.5T are still showing over half a a second slower to 60 on the sedan (6.8 for the 10th gen vs 7.5 on the 11th according to Car&Driver). This doesn't bode well for the hatch which was already heavier and slower (7 seconds for the 10th gen sport touring) meaning we could see something as slow as 8 seconds to 60 for the sport touring hatch without a more substantial power bump (I'm hoping for the accord's tune of 192hp for the sport touring hatch, or even matching the Si power in leau of an actual Si hatch).

Honda had best in class performance on the civic but seem to have let it slip quite a bit in favor of the more mature vibe... and without a more substantial power bump these initial numbers also bode badly for the Si model which could end up slower than the current 10th gen as well. Between the so-so looks, lack of a coupe model, worse performance, it's keeps making my 10th gen EX coupe seem like a better choice to keep around while we wait for the next gen accord and the new ILX replacement...

javi7t8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
78 Trans Am, 2019 Sport Hatchback LSM
Ehh......Need a better view
Sponsored