• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Maybe buy a Hatchback SPORT manual. Then Hondata it with a tune more powerful than a stock Si. Win win. I've been thinking about this option myself.
That's a fine idea, except you'd have to step up to the sport touring, which I think is more money than I'm willing to spend. I'm kinda hopeful there will be a 2023 Si Hatch, like someone else said above. Sedans and hatches are built in the same factory, so there's no reason Honda can't do it. Either way I can afford to be patient to see how this whole Si/CTR/Teg thing plays out bc I love my current 18 Sport Hatch.
Sponsored

Saywhaat04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Yes is it what I desire from the Integra? Sure. Is there evidence that it’s a sedan? Yes. Could it be a sedan that has a Liftback and Acura is just naming it a sedan? Could be. Honestly I’m just mainly having a conversation with others about what it seems to be. Let’s compare the Integra Spy Shot to a TLX spy shot shall we.

88B08CB2-85F4-4AD4-BDFE-634500BBD653.jpeg
If you look at the photos below you can clearly see that the TLX has a zipper that wraps around the trunk implying it is a true sedan. For the interior spy shot you can see that where a zipper would be located for a traditional truck is now located at the top of the c pillar all the way around the top of the trunk/Liftback area. I’m just here showing how a sedan camouflaged car looks like compared to a Liftback style.
What it "seems to be" and what it actually IS are two different things. Someone asked you if the 5dr was confirmed you essentially said YES based off ONE spy shot. That's not CONFIRMATION its still speculation. That is my point. The TLX and the Integra are two totally different cars in two totally different classes. Remember spy shots of the current Kia Optima/K5? People thought it was a hatchback based off the spy shots..but it turned out to be a steeply sloped sedan? Remember spy shots of the 2016 Civic? Folks swore the first spy shots were a hatchback because of the steeply sloped rear roofline but it turned out to be a sedan. Remember the first Accord spy shots? Folks said it looked like a mini Audi A7, turned out to be a sedan. Chances are this Integra is based off the same Civic and same Accord that have had sloped rear rooflines since 2016 or so so we dont know anything. Like I said, unless you work directly for Honda and know it for yourself, you can't say that the Integra has been CONFIRMED to be a 5dr. You cannot say there wont be a 3dr version because you don't know that. Just because you saw ONE SPY SHOT of ONE car doesn't mean there is only one variant of the car. Honda's own CEO REFUSED to confirm or deny that the Integra will come in multiple body styles. Insiders like Jeff over at Vtec.net and RolledNSX heard about a 3dr hatch coming to Acura BEFORE spy shots of the new Civic even emerged.

The people who snapped the photo and posted it couldnt even tell if it was a sedan or a hatchback. LOL. if they saw it in person and didnt know how do you? You dont LOL.

Hell, the LAST Integra was a 3dr that out lasted the SEDAN Integra. ONLY the first generation Integra was available with 5doors...the last two were 3dr hatches and 4 door sedans. The INTEGRAS replacement was a 3dr! The RSX.

Acura has said the ILX replacement is a 4door sedan...what automaker do you know of who has a hatchback or 5door car and calls it a sedan? Buick Regal? Sportback. Audi A5 SPORTBACK. Audi A7 LUXURY SPORTBACK. Now all of a sudden Acura is gonna call the Integra a sedan but its really a hatch...make it make sense. You see what you wanna see LOL.

Of the 3 choices which do you HONESTLY think would sell the best? A 3dr, a 5dr or a sedan? Of the three choices ONLY the one you want lasted one generation and that was the very first one. LOL

You can show me all the pictures you want of an Acura TLX verse what appears to be one acura cloaked in Camo and you can believe whatever you want but its still just speculation just like those out there who want this car to be a sedan or a 3dr...and that is my point.

NOTHING has been CONFIRMED.

You don't know anything more than anybody else in here so you can't say its been CONFIRMED to be a 5dr when Acura sent out a model MATRIX to its own dealers saying it would be a damn sedan LOL.

My point is, a 5dr is NOT confirmed...a 3dr is NOT confirmed...the ONLY thing confirmed so far is that the ILX replacement will be a COMPACT sedan and that this COMPACT SEDAN will have a Type S variant just like the NSX, the MDX and the TLX.

11th Gen Honda Civic Confirmed: 2022 Honda Civic Si is Sedan only. Deliveries begin in November acura_c9ca7b2e5f70531ef3dc5eafebcdfc1ae4625013

Last edited:
OP
OP
TigerEyeJazz

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X2 M35i
What it "seems to be" and what it actually IS are two different things. Someone asked you if the 5dr was confirmed you essentially said YES based off ONE spy shot. That's not CONFIRMATION its still speculation. That is my point. The TLX and the Integra are two totally different cars in two totally different classes. Remember spy shots of the current Kia Optima/K5? People thought it was a hatchback based off the spy shots..but it turned out to be a steeply sloped sedan? Remember spy shots of the 2016 Civic? Folks swore the first spy shots were a hatchback because of the steeply sloped rear roofline but it turned out to be a sedan. Remember the first Accord spy shots? Folks said it looked like a mini Audi A7, turned out to be a sedan. Chances are this Integra is based off the same Civic and same Accord that have had sloped rear rooflines since 2016 or so so we dont know anything. Like I said, unless you work directly for Honda and know it for yourself, you can't say that the Integra has been CONFIRMED to be a 5dr. You cannot say there wont be a 3dr version because you don't know that. Just because you saw ONE SPY SHOT of ONE car doesn't mean there is only one variant of the car. Honda's own CEO REFUSED to confirm or deny that the Integra will come in multiple body styles. Insiders like Jeff over at Vtec.net and RolledNSX heard about a 3dr hatch coming to Acura BEFORE spy shots of the new Civic even emerged.

The people who snapped the photo and posted it couldnt even tell if it was a sedan or a hatchback. LOL. if they saw it in person and didnt know how do you? You dont LOL.

Hell, the LAST Integra was a 3dr that out lasted the SEDAN Integra. ONLY the first generation Integra was available with 5doors...the last two were 3dr hatches and 4 door sedans. The INTEGRAS replacement was a 3dr! The RSX.

Acura has said the ILX replacement is a 4door sedan...what automaker do you know of who has a hatchback or 5door car and calls it a sedan? Buick Regal? Sportback. Audi A5 SPORTBACK. Audi A7 LUXURY SPORTBACK. Now all of a sudden Acura is gonna call the Integra a sedan but its really a hatch...make it make sense. You see what you wanna see LOL.

Of the 3 choices which do you HONESTLY think would sell the best? A 3dr, a 5dr or a sedan? Of the three choices ONLY the one you want lasted one generation and that was the very first one. LOL

You can show me all the pictures you want of an Acura TLX verse what appears to be one acura cloaked in Camo and you can believe whatever you want but its still just speculation just like those out there who want this car to be a sedan or a 3dr...and that is my point.

You don't know anything more than anybody else in here so you can't say its been CONFIRMED to be a 5dr when Acura sent out a model MATRIX to its own dealers saying it would be a damn sedan LOL.

My point is, a 5dr is NOT confirmed...a 3dr is NOT confirmed...the ONLY thing confirmed so far is that the ILX replacement will be a COMPACT sedan and that this COMPACT SEDAN will have a Type S variant just like the NSX, the MDX and the TLX.

acura_c9ca7b2e5f70531ef3dc5eafebcdfc1ae4625013.png
The ILX won’t have a replacement. Jon Ikeda stated that next year the ILX will be completely discontinued. The Integra is essentially a replacement for it just they aren’t looking at the Integra being a direct replacement. Type S no doubt has been Acura’s focus. We just have to wait and see what they say.

Saywhaat04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
The ILX won’t have a replacement. Jon Ikeda stated that next year the ILX will be completely discontinued. The Integra is essentially a replacement for it just they aren’t looking at the Integra being a direct replacement. Type S no doubt has been Acura’s focus. We just have to wait and see what they say.
What is the ILX? A compact sedan. What does the model matrix leaked to the dealership say will becoming in 2022? A compact sedan.

They also said the RSX wasn't a replacement for the Integra...but thats essentially what it was. Ikeda is being clever sir. From that same article you quote, Ikeda also says this:

"Integra is not a replacement for ILX but Integra is our entry gateway vehicle. We don't plan on having something below that."

Can you have two versions of Integra: coupe and sporty four door, as in the past? "Maybe."

The difference is he knows...and you and I dont. Hell, he won't confirm shit LOL. He's being coy.

We will know in a few months..and with better spy shots perhaps your idea of an Acura Integra sedan, hatchback thinga ma-jigga will come true...but there is also a chance a 3door could be built to...because they man said "Maybe." Right now the only thing known is that a compact sedan is coming...and it will offer a type s verison. I have no reason to doubt anything on the matrix because all the other cars on that list have followed the same schedule. TLX, Type S, MDX, Type S..NSX Type S (though they dont mention anything past 2022 cause the NSX is dead past that point)

NOTHING is confirmed sir....well except that Acura dealers know they are getting a compact sedan with a Type S variant sometime next year...coincidentally the Integra debuts in 2022...hmmm....

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N
atch officially release before we jump the gun.... wasn’t the hatch supposed to drop late august?

With that said, I’m excited to see how it looks. Hoping just as boring as the current sedans, so I don’t feel like I want to try to get the new on

acura_c9ca7b2e5f70531ef3dc5eafebcdfc1ae4625013.png
While I 100% agree that "nothing is confirmed," I have two things to talk about.

First, the mysterious vehicle iS in fact a Hatchback, UNLESS Honda/Acura is trying to make people believe it's a hatchback.
You'll see what I mean when you compare the spyshots of all the vehicles you mentioned.
Now, the thing is, we don't know if that actually is the new Integra.
Even if it is, it might be a test mule with Civic hatchback's production body, too.
Again, nothing is confirmed.

Secondly, automakers don't really care about those terms anymore.
Things like "4 door coupe" or "coupe SUV" can be perfect examples.
Kia Stinger and VW Arteon are classified as "Sedans" everywhere including their websites.
It almost looks like Kia doesn't want people to think of Stinger as a Hatchback.
So I think there's still a chance that the "new compact sedan" might actually be a 5 door.
But again, nothing is confirmed.

Imo, it has to be a mule based on the civic hatch.
If it ends up being another CSX, people aren't going to be very happy lol

Saywhaat04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
While I 100% agree that "nothing is confirmed," I have two things to talk about.

Again, nothing is confirmed.

But again, nothing is confirmed.
The rest I didnt even pay any attention to. I'll circle back when some actual clear, detailed spy shots emerge with less camo and less cladding.

Last edited:

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan MSM
What is the ILX? A compact sedan. What does the model matrix leaked to the dealership say will becoming in 2022? A compact sedan.

They also said the RSX wasn't a replacement for the Integra...but thats essentially what it was. Ikeda is being clever sir. From that same article you quote, Ikeda also says this:

"Integra is not a replacement for ILX but Integra is our entry gateway vehicle. We don't plan on having something below that."

Can you have two versions of Integra: coupe and sporty four door, as in the past? "Maybe."

The difference is he knows...and you and I dont. Hell, he won't confirm shit LOL. He's being coy.
He’s definitely being coy and it doesn’t make sense to do that for no reason, ie if the sedan is the only body.
Pure speculation yes, but he’s been in the game a while so hopefully he’s better at marketing than just being coy. That being said he also doesn’t think a CDX makes sense in NA.:doh::doh:

Saywhaat04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
He’s definitely being coy and it doesn’t make sense to do that for no reason, ie if the sedan is the only body.
Pure speculation yes, but he’s been in the game a while so hopefully he’s better at marketing than just being coy. That being said he also doesn’t think a CDX makes sense in NA.:doh::doh:
No comment...dont want my pressure going up lol