• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

tomc

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Integra GSR / 2022 Civic Sport Hatch
Hey all!

Placed a deposit on the first Boost Blue Sport Hatch to come into my dealership a few weeks ago and it arrived on Monday! Owned it 48 hours and already have 140 miles on the clock.

I do work in service as a technician, and this is my first brand new car. I decided to retire my '98 Integra from daily driver duty as the prices just keep inflating on them, and always wanted to be the only one to touch a car service-wise. I'll be reporting back with any nuances, TSBs, explain recalls (hopefully there won't be any) etc!

So far, absolutely loving this car. Compared to the last generation, this feels almost on par with Acura products in the driving experience, thanks to the upscale fonts, chimes, road feel etc. The Civic really has come a long way over the past 10 years to have become this good!

Enjoy a few photos of the Boost Blue color, and if you have any questions feel free to ask!

11th Gen Honda Civic Just purchased a 2022 Civic Sport Hatch (Boost Blue) DF09F290-305A-44D0-923B-37C9475F0321

11th Gen Honda Civic Just purchased a 2022 Civic Sport Hatch (Boost Blue) 472FE621-3737-412C-BCA3-24097459813F

11th Gen Honda Civic Just purchased a 2022 Civic Sport Hatch (Boost Blue) EA528B9E-3D66-45ED-9F20-D085C6DC07A5

11th Gen Honda Civic Just purchased a 2022 Civic Sport Hatch (Boost Blue) B7295C11-A193-428F-9740-AEB51BF11639

11th Gen Honda Civic Just purchased a 2022 Civic Sport Hatch (Boost Blue) CD495F3E-8756-43CC-922C-A8DA77AAD4D3

Bonus: Its twin was delivered at the same time lol!
Sponsored

OP
OP

tomc

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Congrats!! Beautiful color. :love:
Thank you! It's really hard to stop staring at the color when walking away! My favorite hue of blue Honda's used in years haha

lexro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX 2006, Civic Sedan Sport 2019, FK8 2021
This car look way nicer in your pictures than the official released pictures lol
I actually thought "hey the new hatchback looks cool"
Never once had that sentiment during all the press releases.

NorthernLaw

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type-R Boost Blue
Personally I wished they would have kept BB a Type-R Exclusive color, but they didn't. The part that's even worse is the fact that it's on the Sport only, why? If I was getting a hatchback, I'd be getting the Sport Touring, and I wouldn't even be able to get BB on that? That really doesn't make sense to me and I feel like some people are definitely going through what I just described, which is really unfortunate. I guess on the bright side it doesn't matter to me that much since I'd be getting the Type-R anyways, but I know this will definitely apply to some people

Jimi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR 2019
Personally I wished they would have kept BB a Type-R Exclusive color, but they didn't. The part that's even worse is the fact that it's on the Sport only, why? If I was getting a hatchback, I'd be getting the Sport Touring, and I wouldn't even be able to get BB on that? That really doesn't make sense to me and I feel like some people are definitely going through what I just described, which is really unfortunate. I guess on the bright side it doesn't matter to me that much since I'd be getting the Type-R anyways, but I know this will definitely apply to some people
Honda wants to sell cars - cars aren’t selling. Yo-yos out there keep buying those dumb SUV things. Honda has to do what the can to draw people in

OP
OP

tomc

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Beautiful Car. Wish so much Honda would have made that an option for the Sport Touring Manual.
Thank you! And yeah, it's really weird that "boost blue" can be had on the NA K20 variant CVT/Manual, but it's only on the CVT Sport Touring and not the manual, very odd choice by Honda.

I love the color hoping it's a manual too!
I wish it was, this is actually my first auto/CVT car I've ever purchased! I drove manual for 10 years in NJ/NYC traffic, was getting kind of over it LOL.

Manual?
I got a sport Touring In boost blue on order, Canadian
Very cool man! Let me get those Canadian spec heated seats and steering wheel lol!

My dealer actually couldn't factory order a manual for me, I asked when I originally talked to my friend who's a salesman at my dealer I work for. Our allocations for November were already really thin, and with my only car being an Integra I refuse to winter drive, I opted for the CVT. It's actually very nice to drive though, really don't regret the purchase one bit! The new CVT logic is much better than the 10th gen.

This car look way nicer in your pictures than the official released pictures lol
I actually thought "hey the new hatchback looks cool"
Never once had that sentiment during all the press releases.
Haha thank you for the kind words! Funny enough they're just iPhone shots, and unedited to boot! The Honda press release photos were some weird looking renders for sure hahaha. Photos really don't do the color justice though.

Honestly people also said the same about Sonic Gray being exclusive on the Type R in 2019 and then it ended up on the Accord, CRV and other Civics in 2020/21. I feel like the only real exclusive R colors will always be Champ White and Phoenix Yellow. I'm looking forward to seeing the Type R official reveal, maybe I'll end up passing this car on to my girlfriend... haha

Zerostatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Fit, Honda CR-V
Beautiful! I usually don't love black wheels on a blue car but for some reason it really works with the Boost blue.

prjkthack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Congrats! I love this color too. Such a nice one. Even looks better in your photos or in person. I don't get why all the press shots just don't look that great.

I just picked up my Sonic Gray 2022 Sport Touring hatch the other day and I am thoroughly enjoying it. Woohoo!

NorthernLaw

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type-R Boost Blue
Thank you! And yeah, it's really weird that "boost blue" can be had on the NA K20 variant CVT/Manual, but it's only on the CVT Sport Touring and not the manual, very odd choice by Honda.

Honestly people also said the same about Sonic Gray being exclusive on the Type R in 2019 and then it ended up on the Accord, CRV and other Civics in 2020/21. I feel like the only real exclusive R colors will always be Champ White and Phoenix Yellow. I'm looking forward to seeing the Type R official reveal, maybe I'll end up passing this car on to my girlfriend... haha
I see what you mean but I think BB is different than Sonic Gray, color got way more popular than Sonic Gray and is more of a "race car" color, so bright and flashy, you only saw that on fast cars / "cool cars". That is until Toyota added it onto their Rav4, ew
Sponsored