• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

fastSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type-R 2018 CW #13019,SI 2022 RR
Every single honda dealer by me received around one type r a month
That was for the FK8...As for the FL5 they will not be able to order them like before,there is a new system now for odering,dealers will know how much then can order for the first year and they need to place the order with there client with a confirm placing order...

They can not place and order and let the car stand at the dealer,car as to be sold before odering...
Sponsored

elisalsa24

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boost Blue FK8
That was for the FK8...As for the FL5 they will not be able to order them like before,there is a new system now for odering,dealers will know how much then can order for the first year and they need to place the order with there client with a confirm placing order...

They can not place and order and let the car stand at the dealer,car as to be sold before odering...
In the US or atleast by me they didn't sit the car sold within a week or to. I don't know anyone that had the option to order it. I know you have it differently cause the whole canada news

fastSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type-R 2018 CW #13019,SI 2022 RR
In the US or atleast by me they didn't sit the car sold within a week or to. I don't know anyone that had the option to order it. I know you have it differently cause the whole canada news
You are probably right for USA...but for Canada there is a new procedure,ive been working for Honda for years and it's the first time i see a order procedure like that..

Hope in US it's going to be easyer for you

Last edited:

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
I have no doubt these will sell well but if you look, just like the FK8 you'll be able to find one at msrp.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
Now we need TypeS news....

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
No we don’t, nothing can save that car

FL5JR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AW11

damn I like this way of buying , more on the buyer side

ElpacoSV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EJ6 ; Civic FK7G4

Sounds to me we will order cars like they do in Europe, or Tesla Style. Is a change for sure but since we are un pinch with supply parts, it makes sense.

Merci pour l'info!

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Honda made nearly 50 thousand FK8's. I wouldn't call it limited. I can assure you, they'll make just as many and most likely more. Honda isn't Ferrari.
Production is down 50% across the board. Unless SC issues clear up, no way we see 50k. Hope I'm wrong though.

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
Production is down 50% across the board. Unless SC issues clear up, no way we see 50k. Hope I'm wrong though.
I'm guessing with the pace of post-covid normalization, we're about 2 years out from things feeling like they should in terms of pricing and availability. That, combined with the course of the economy, makes me think that 2 years from now will be the sweet spot for buying a car.

Not discouraging anyone from buying now, the market needs it, and if it's right for you, that's 👌👌

I'm also looking forward to all the reviews when it happens. Very exciting times with all these models coming out and already on the market!

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
damn I like this way of buying , more on the buyer side
I’d like to see the US do something like this, but probably won’t.
I want to know when the US dealers will finally know and be able to share their allocations etc?

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
Allocations are september

giger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FD2
I'm guessing with the pace of post-covid normalization, we're about 2 years out from things feeling like they should in terms of pricing and availability. That, combined with the course of the economy, makes me think that 2 years from now will be the sweet spot for buying a car.

Not discouraging anyone from buying now, the market needs it, and if it's right for you, that's 👌👌

I'm also looking forward to all the reviews when it happens. Very exciting times with all these models coming out and already on the market!
The car industry in Europe is expected to be impacted until at least 2025 before production can be classed as anywhere near normal. On top of that pure ICE vehicles are scheduled to be banned from 2030, hence all the manufacturers re-tooling and offering larger and larger ranges of EVs.

In the late twenties you won't see many new ICE vehicles being developed (apart from small volume manufacturers) due to there short lifespan unless they crack synthetic fuels and they get given the go ahead 😐

giger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FD2
It was originally initiated by Audi, in partnership with Shell a number of years ago. It then went hush-hush (likely Shell saw the threat to their business) but it's now back in a big way to save motor racing (a number of race series use it and F1 is moving to it). Economies of scale mean the price will come down but ATM it's a long way from being affordable. Amazing Shell now see it as part of their future
Sponsored