• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Allocations are september
So, you think it will be September before any dealers know the allocations they’ll receive? Seems crazy to think Canada knows theirs weeks before the car debuts, but we wouldn’t know until the car is almost released?
Sponsored

atlcivic

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 1M
One local dealer here in Atlanta said they’d know allocations mid august

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
No we don’t, nothing can save that car
Just an expensive SI hatchback. I love mine and waiting for the TypeS.

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
Yep, but in this case it’s glorified ILX hatch

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
Yep, but in this case it’s glorified ILX hatch
Which was based off of a 9th gen civic.. so yep that's true

ElpacoSV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EJ6 ; Civic FK7G4
This FK8 vs FL5 reminds me of every generation change...is pointless to argue with someone that loves the FK8 and is ok. The reason the FK8 exist was because the Honda marketing team found a market (supporters of the FK8) for it.

Now, Honda wants to sell to another market segment and is ok. Lamborghini owners are differnt from Porsche owners and...That is totaly fine. If we all wanted the same thing, life would be a boring place. Long live diversity!

Our need to scale things fron good to bad is one of many reasons why we get this sort of arguments and tribal thinking. The FK8 is an amazing car. The KING of hot hatchs and that says a lot about what Honda achieve with the FK8.

The FL5 has BIG shoes to fill in and only time will tell if the FL5 will continue the legacy of the Civic Type R.

That is what I want in a civic Type R. A car that gives homage to the history, the soul of TYPE R. Regardless of how it looks.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack
I just want a new 4-door with performance and three pedals. Less than a handful of cars meet that criteria and don’t break your wallet.

There’s the Golf GTI/R, GR Corolla, Blackwing, and G80 M3. Am I missing any?

I’m pretty sure the FL5 will be the lightest out of the group (or at worst similar to GTI in curb weight).

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
This FK8 vs FL5 reminds me of every generation change...is pointless to argue with someone that loves the FK8 and is ok. The reason the FK8 exist was because the Honda marketing team found a market (supporters of the FK8) for it.

Now, Honda wants to sell to another market segment and is ok. Lamborghini owners are differnt from Porsche owners and...That is totaly fine. If we all wanted the same thing, life would be a boring place. Long live diversity!

Our need to scale things fron good to bad is one of many reasons why we get this sort of arguments and tribal thinking. The FK8 is an amazing car. The KING of hot hatchs and that says a lot about what Honda achieve with the FK8.

The FL5 has BIG shoes to fill in and only time will tell if the FL5 will continue the legacy of the Civic Type R.

That is what I want in a civic Type R. A car that gives homage to the history, the soul of TYPE R. Regardless of how it looks.
i honestly think this will be better...just for the fact it comes with wider tires and the stance is much meaner....meaning it's probably been amped up pretty hard on the track. i'm hoping honda isn't doing their usual stupid shit of only a couple more horsepower and claiming the most powerful ever, i'd love to see the 330ish area. i loved my fk8, but driving a new hatch compared to the old hatch it makes me more excited, with the interior alone being such an upgrade.

I just want a new 4-door with performance and three pedals. Less than a handful of cars meet that criteria and don’t break your wallet.

There’s the Golf GTI/R, GR Corolla, Blackwing, and G80 M3. Am I missing any?

I’m pretty sure the FL5 will be the lightest out of the group (or at worst similar to GTI in curb weight).
you're right....not many cars out there. tell you what, i really love the golf r though

NorthernLaw

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type-R Boost Blue
This seems a little too toned down from what it will be, no red outline on the bottom lips and skirts. We will see though
Sponsored