• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
prices are widely different in different countries because of their import taxes. Like in Thailand if you buy a import car you have to pay 200% tax of the price of the car.
Sponsored

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
I think people in the US are just waiting for some concrete info, and since we are one of the largest, if not the largest market, where it will be sold, a lot of us just want to actually hear some information, from the horses mouth. Ironically we seem to be the area with the least info.
Exactly.

It was already safe to say production would be significantly less than than the FK8. Production of everything is significantly less.

Unusual car in unusual times. I would just like to know from Honda.

rui

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG6, AP1, FL5
It's comical the amount of ppl that dispute the info like that above convinced it won't apply to them! There have been several warning shots on availability worldwide and with low volume comes higher prices.

ā‚¬70k is equivalent to Ā£59k & $71.6k at time of writing! šŸ˜¬
Denial is the first stage of grief...

Yeah, that must be a regional thing.
A bit of both. Taxes on new vehicles are ridiculously high here. But the FK8 was around 51.000 ā‚¬ and we know that the price increase in Japan was only 5.5 %. So at an estimated 70 K, it seems they're trying to maximize profits, given the limited number of units available. I wouldn't be surprised if importers in other countries were to do the same.

Last edited:

Geezer

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Put a deposit down end of last year. Really hoping for an early fall delivery.

Type_RawR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK8 #14116 / 2008 FG2
Sitting here eating my lunch and mulling over how long I'm going to have to wait for my car to arrive after placing my deposit down today, nevermind the 30 some odd people that I just skipped in line because they all had $500 deposit to buy a spot on the list and I came with $30k to buy a car.

Type_RawR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK8 #14116 / 2008 FG2
Lol you donā€™t jump people just because you put more money down. Thatā€™s not how it works. šŸ˜‚
That's 100% how it works when you have connections and have already purchased multiple cars from the same dealer in the past.

Robert.C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1, DC2-R
Iā€™d be willing to bet that 3/4 of those depositors would happily pre-purchase the car outright if they were given the choice. Itā€™s not like they deposited $500 because thatā€™s all they could afford.
Sponsored