• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

rui

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG6, AP1, FL5
Selling in out in portugal doesnt mean much. How many fk8 they get the first year?
The pattern means a lot, if you ask me.

Canada? IIRC, 543 units for the entire production run.

UK? Honda's boss said: "It will be sold in hundreds, not thousands over its lifetime".

Now Portugal: 9 units total.

All of these numbers are very small, compared with FK8 sales. I could have gotten an FK8 anytime, no issue at all (just found it ugly). I got denied an FL5 less than 12h after launch... Take your own conclusions.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Yeh i can care less what someone said. If portugal got 9 fk8s. It matters. Some of you guys act like this car is made out of unobtainium.

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
The pattern means a lot, if you ask me.

Canada? IIRC, 543 units for the entire production run.

UK? Honda's boss said: "It will be sold in hundreds, not thousands over its lifetime".

Now Portugal: 9 units total.

All of these numbers are very small, compared with FK8 sales. I could have gotten an FK8 anytime, no issue at all (just found it ugly). I got denied an FL5 less than 12h after launch... Take your own conclusions.
Yup, FK8 was a dime a dozen at launch. I can't even get taken seriously by dealers offering them insane packages and add ons:/

rui

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG6, AP1, FL5
Yeh i can care less what someone said. If portugal got 9 fk8s. It matters. Some of you guys act like this car is made out of unobtainium.
Portugal got all the FK8s that people ordered, plus a few press cars. Honda did factory orders for the FK8, as they do for all cars here, normally.

Well, for me it was literally unobtanium. Best of lucks to you.

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
Portugal got all the FK8s that people ordered, plus a few press cars. Honda did factory orders for the FK8, as they do for all cars here, normally.

Well, for me it was literally unobtanium. Best of lucks to you.
.... well damn... lol. My odds went from bad to non-existent, woooo.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
.... well damn... lol. My odds went from bad to non-existent, woooo.

If US gets 10-12x Canada it will be equivalent to 1.5 years normal run of FK8 production except over 3 years. So if your dealer got 3 FK8s in a year before, the math would be 4-5 in total in 3 years. Thats just assumed consistent allocations from prior years.

Who knows but beginning to wonder if the folks at Honda enjoy watching fans and customers twist in the wind. All we can do is wait…

Kyofu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3 GT
Who knows but beginning to wonder if the folks at Honda enjoy watching fans and customers twist in the wind. All we can do is wait…
I know Honda is obviously struggling to get production up (July sales were down 47% vs July 2022 in USA), but man, if I can't get a Type R because of production constraints I'll probably go buy elsewhere. I suspect most potential Type R buyers wont want to settle for an Si.

In fact, I suspect if Honda can't figure out their production they'll lose a lot of potential customers to the competition as people get fed up of waiting or being told it's "limited production".

Here's the sales chart found (source) for comparison of other manufacturers:

11th Gen Honda Civic 2023 Civic Type R Waitlist / Deposit / Reservations List - Check in here! 1659675038763

Mmkk111

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX Type S
I know Honda is obviously struggling to get production up (July sales were down 47% vs July 2022 in USA), but man, if I can't get a Type R because of production constraints I'll probably go buy elsewhere. I suspect most potential Type R buyers wont want to settle for an Si.

In fact, I suspect if Honda can't figure out their production they'll lose a lot of potential customers to the competition as people get fed up of waiting or being told it's "limited production".

1659675038763.png
It’s definitely a crazy time…but I’m in the same boat as you. I’ve been waiting for this car since it was announced and now watching the clown show ensue, I’m frustrated. Mostly because I don’t want to pay $10-15K extra for it. And that’s what it will take to get the first few that come out. That is just the reality we are in today.

I can wait it out and try for a ‘24 or ‘25, but will probably pay the same mark up…maybe it’ll come down some 🤷🏻‍♂️. Or the people that didn’t get a shot at the first run will be in line for the second and third run and I’ll miss out all together on getting a new one, which is what I really want. I don’t want it second hand since I will keep it until I can’t shift gears anymore and I want to put the first miles on it. Or it all calms down and I find one?

Or I can just say screw it and go buy a boat, hit the lake and call it a day. Then hope they build a Type S Integra 😏

Last edited:

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5

1659675038763.png
To provide more context...

In 2017 American Honda (Which includes Acura) sold 150,980.

The Honda Civic in July '17 sold 36,683 units.

giger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FD2
It says 72h on the screenshot but it was a lot less than that. I called my dealer within 12h of the official unveil and couldn't get one. They told me 9 units total, not 10. And at an estimated price of 70.000 €.

To the US folks: take heed of the news from Europe and Canada, it really does look like the FL5 will be a limited production vehicle. Which is extremely disappointing.

giger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FD2
It says 72h on the screenshot but it was a lot less than that. I called my dealer within 12h of the official unveil and couldn't get one. They told me 9 units total, not 10. And at an estimated price of 70.000 €.

To the US folks: take heed of the news from Europe and Canada, it really does look like the FL5 will be a limited production vehicle. Which is extremely disappointing.
It's comical the amount of ppl that dispute the info like that above convinced it won't apply to them! There have been several warning shots on availability worldwide and with low volume comes higher prices.

€70k is equivalent to £59k & $71.6k at time of writing! 😬

Reactions: rui

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
It's comical the amount of ppl that dispute the info like that above convinced it won't apply to them! There have been several warning shots on availability worldwide and with low volume comes higher prices.

€70k is equivalent to £59k & $71.6k at time of writing! 😬
I think people in the US are just waiting for some concrete info, and since we are one of the largest, if not the largest market, where it will be sold, a lot of us just want to actually hear some information, from the horses mouth. Ironically we seem to be the area with the least info.

ssheff55

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRX
I think people in the US are just waiting for some concrete info, and since we are one of the largest, if not the largest market, where it will be sold, a lot of us just want to actually hear some information, from the horses mouth. Ironically we seem to be the area with the least info.
Doesn’t matter how limited this car is, the price is still not going to be even close to $71k. It won’t be much over $40k I would imagine

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Doesn’t matter how limited this car is, the price is still not going to be even close to $71k. It won’t be much over $40k I would imagine
Yeah, that must be a regional thing.
Sponsored