• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
yup tied down, front still high because they have the spring blocks in
Sponsored

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Hmmm, GRC media drives happening!!

I'm guessing the FL5 stuff would be next week? Since they cant be at 2 places at once?

Thoughts? Does anyone know when and where they were supposed to happen? I know Toyo is doing a full week in Utah for their presser.

1661866618657.png
I like that wheel look. I may look for something similar if I decide to change the wheels on the future car.

machimself

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Is it taboo in this community to want to take off the red and chrome emblems on a Type R? I know there’s some tradition there but I don’t think it looks good on any of the colors. I have a SGP Si and if my dealer can get me a SGP FL5 I’m definitely going with black badging and my custom front emblem from the Si. Any other color FL5 and I’ll probably do something similar.

Can anyone explain the red/chrome emblems to me?

11th Gen Honda Civic 🙏🏻  📸 Boost Blue Pearl and Sonic Gray Pearl FL5 Civic Type R spotted on transport! 3411E8D1-513A-4978-A389-4E5B21FB51A6

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Is it taboo in this community to want to take off the red and chrome emblems on a Type R? I know there’s some tradition there but I don’t think it looks good on any of the colors. I have a SGP Si and if my dealer can get me a SGP FL5 I’m definitely going with black badging and my custom front emblem from the Si. Any other color FL5 and I’ll probably do something similar.

3411E8D1-513A-4978-A389-4E5B21FB51A6.jpeg
Wow, yes, sacrilegious.

https://www.quora.com/What-does-the...share=7aab1211&srid=uSpvFE&target_type=answer

Moreover- its unique to the Type R - the elite, the prestigious.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Well damn. This changes things…. I don’t want to be a blasphemer.
Consider it the mark of honor and heritage of winning. IMHO - what you are proposing is tantamount to removing something that should carry great pride because something else superficially looks better.

In a way makes me understand the CW color and why I don’t razz the board anymore on why I don’t like it as much.

machimself

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Consider it the mark of honor and heritage of winning. IMHO - what you are proposing is tantamount to removing something that should carry great pride because something else superficially looks better.

In a way makes me understand the CW color and why I don’t razz the board anymore on why I don’t like it as much.
Solid take.

Jessegovols

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda CRV, 2023 Civic Sport Touring (6MT)
Hmmm, GRC media drives happening!!

I'm guessing the FL5 stuff would be next week? Since they cant be at 2 places at once?

Thoughts? Does anyone know when and where they were supposed to happen? I know Toyo is doing a full week in Utah for their presser.

1661866618657.png
Sep 15, 7am EST full info released and drive videos.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Well damn. This changes things…. I don’t want to be a blasphemer.
I think if you like the way it looks then you should do it. There is nothing wrong with paying homage... It isn't about the Type R. It is about taking pride in your Honda.

If you buy a Honda, oftentimes you are doing so because you appreciate the drive of it more than others. The Civic Si has an emphasis on the driver while still offering a level of affordability and its ability to be maintained at a reasonable cost.

If you like it you should do it!

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
I think if you like the way it looks then you should do it. There is nothing wrong with paying homage... It isn't about the Type R. It is about taking pride in your Honda.

If you buy a Honda, oftentimes you are doing so because you appreciate the drive of it more than others. The Civic Si has an emphasis on the driver while still offering a level of affordability and its ability to be maintained at a reasonable cost.

If you like it you should do it!
This one is a hot potato with a lot of folks. Im all for expressing oneself and at the same time the question was asking the significance. A lot of folks would not do that (Id venture 99.9%) because the meaning overrides aesthetics and quite frankly most probably find the red badge of honor more appealing anyway.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
This one is a hot potato with a lot of folks. Im all for expressing oneself and at the same time the question was asking the significance. A lot of folks would not do that (Id venture 99.9%) because the meaning overrides aesthetics and quite frankly most probably find the red badge of honor more appealing anyway.
Oh it'll for sure be polarizing but how much more than anything else? You for one realize how ones take on a color can bring out energy.

Who am I or anyone else to throw shade on to how someone else wants to dress it up.

We see people throwing 2jz into a BMW Poopra or turning their Fiero into some else or Shelby Kit cars.

Who cares... Be happy. Life is short. There are important things in this world and that ain't one of them.

Kyofu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3 GT
Its a throwback to the original winning Honda F1 car livery which was championship white (named such after winning) with a red circle to represent the Japanese flag (Since Honda was the first and only Japanese team at the time).

The red H badge on the Type R cars was meant to replicate that look. Championship white car, with the red honda badge for the red circle.

11th Gen Honda Civic 🙏🏻  📸 Boost Blue Pearl and Sonic Gray Pearl FL5 Civic Type R spotted on transport! 1661959796217

11th Gen Honda Civic 🙏🏻  📸 Boost Blue Pearl and Sonic Gray Pearl FL5 Civic Type R spotted on transport! 1661959706547

Robert.C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1, DC2-R
I love the first-generation NSX-R. The wheels on my AP1 have been refinished to mirror this look (the 5-spoke design is actually remarkably similar between the two cars) as an homage or sorts.

Last edited:

machimself

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Its a throwback to the original winning Honda F1 car livery which was championship white (named such after winning) with a red circle to represent the Japanese flag (Since Honda was the first and only Japanese team at the time).

The red H badge on the Type R cars was meant to replicate that look. Championship white car, with the red honda badge for the red circle.

1661959796217.png

1661959706547.png
Ahh, the flag... white on red. It is all coming together now. Well my 2 color choices with my dealer are CW and SGP. I guess if I was going to leave the red emblems on any color it would be CW. Maybe I would change it to red background with a black "H" since I really don't care for chrome...

I appreciate the education :)
Sponsored