• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

1971Camaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru crosstrek
To everyone asking for VINs- your dealer will notify you if your VIN is recalled. Even if you called them now to verify, the new frame is not available. The guy who was running VINs is likely not working on a Sunday and probably doesn’t want to run 1000 VINs when he goes to work tomorrow. So sit back and just wait for your dealer to contact you- it’s not like you can schedule the replacement anyway since it’s not available…
Yes, he needs a break, and he has given us a fair idea which cars are likely to be recalled. However, i will request if it's possible for anyone with numbers between 640-700...

if you find out if you are in or out of the recall, to please post so we can pinpoint as clear a demarcation as possible of which cars will or will not be included. This isn't for me, as i'm in the mid-800s (so i don't believe i'm included, but will know from dealer if i am)... but, unless someone has already published the breakpoint, it would be good to document it, yes?

This is what i've seen so far on this board...

RECALL = 0639
NO RECALL = 600s (higher than 0639?)
I'm in the 600s and I was not affected.
As @tuhroo told us...
Remember guys…more cars could still get on this list but just judging by the ones I’m seeing it’s mid 6xx and below.
I would like to see it pinned down more precisely for the record, but it's not a biggie for me, personally ;)
Sponsored

daazn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Miata
Yes, he needs a break, and he has given us a fair idea which cars are likely to be recalled. However, i will request if it's possible for anyone with numbers between 640-700...

if you find out if you are in or out of the recall, to please post so we can pinpoint as clear a demarcation as possible of which cars will or will not be included. This isn't for me, as i'm in the mid-800s (so i don't believe i'm included, but will know from dealer if i am)... but, unless someone has already published the breakpoint, it would be good to document it, yes?

This is what i've seen so far on this board...

RECALL = 0639

NO RECALL = 600s (higher than 0639?)

As @tuhroo told us...

I would like to see it pinned down more precisely for the record, but it's not a biggie for me, personally ;)
I'm 651. No recall so far

CivicR38

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 SGP Type R #4360
Will this slow down the number of units produced for 2023, ultimately reducing the total number of units over the 3 year run?

daazn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Miata
Will this slow down the number of units produced for 2023, ultimately reducing the total number of units over the 3 year run?
I don't think it should affect anything. So far it seems like issues are for VIN <6xx, meaning they caught the mistake during production.

1971Camaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru crosstrek
I'm 651. No recall so far
Excellent, daazn.

ok, for the record, this is what we have so far... This is what we've seen on this board...

RECALL = 0639
NO RECALL = 0651

So, APPARENTLY, the split in VINs for the recall is between VIN numbers 640-650. If anyone has a VIN with a number 0640-0650, please post if/when you find out your status for sure to help narrow it down even further. Thanks!

But, PLEASE KEEP IN MIND...
we all need to VERIFY whether we have a recall or not, because due to production processes, it could affect a few numbers out of sequence. For instance, if it was a PARTS issue, a bad part might still have been used in a later car... and, if it was a welding issue, they may have 2 welding stations and one of them did not get fixed at the same time that the other did. Whatever... i just want to make it clear that we are just OBSERVING where they are making the split... we need to verify our personal status with this recall.

Great work, guys!!

Last edited:

Rad Ray

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Today’s quick response from the Service Manager at my dealership following an inquiry about the driver’s seat.

“According to our Honda Vin Inquiry System your Vehicle may be subject to a recall affecting the driver’s seat cushion frame. It’s for squeaking, rattling or breakage of the seat frame. Currently there are no parts available for repairs. Once seat cushion frames become available, the registered owner of the vehicle will receive a notice to bring the vehicle in for replacement of the component.”

scoutduke

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
I’m speculating that the problem weld is where a round cross bar is welded to the two side plates on the seat.
Here is a picture of a fillet weld on the inner side of my drivers seat. This is the inside left side of the seat looking from the front. These welds are near the front of the seat
11th Gen Honda Civic Recall: 2023 Civic Type R (FL5) Driver's Seat Cushion Frame Stop Sale (TSB Service Bulletin 23-030) 4D70BE5A-2DC4-44A3-BFDF-5A25FFCC5BEE
Here is a picture of the same area on my passengers seat (right side of seat).
11th Gen Honda Civic Recall: 2023 Civic Type R (FL5) Driver's Seat Cushion Frame Stop Sale (TSB Service Bulletin 23-030) 77225CE0-B555-4EA0-97C0-C9F783DCC957
So the passenger seat weld is on the outer part of the side plate and this picture shows the heat affected area. I couldn’t easily take a picture of the outer side bc of the seat trim.

My car is 1105 and NOT recalled. My thoughts are that both the passenger seat and drivers seat welds are on the outer side of the side plates and that the fillet weld visible on the inner side of the drivers seat is the “fix” that was made hastily during production.

Will someone with a sub 630 car post a picture of their drivers side inner weld area? I’m wondering if it has the inner fillet weld or not?

11th Gen Honda Civic Recall: 2023 Civic Type R (FL5) Driver's Seat Cushion Frame Stop Sale (TSB Service Bulletin 23-030) BE840602-6D51-4C05-8840-EDDF0949AB86

scoutduke

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
11th Gen Honda Civic Recall: 2023 Civic Type R (FL5) Driver's Seat Cushion Frame Stop Sale (TSB Service Bulletin 23-030) D036B0E2-135B-4FC6-8BCF-747EA7EA9515
Ignore the picture of the seat frame with the two red arrows. Here’s a picture with the correct location marked for the weld location I’m referring to on the left side of drivers seat. There is a duplicate weld on the right side of that seat, but I put no arrow pointing to it.

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 #1348 (Sold), FL5 #682
I’m speculating that the problem weld is where a round cross bar is welded to the two side plates on the seat.
Here is a picture of a fillet weld on the inner side of my drivers seat. This is the inside left side of the seat looking from the front. These welds are near the front of the seat
4D70BE5A-2DC4-44A3-BFDF-5A25FFCC5BEE.jpeg
Here is a picture of the same area on my passengers seat (right side of seat).
77225CE0-B555-4EA0-97C0-C9F783DCC957.jpeg
So the passenger seat weld is on the outer part of the side plate and this picture shows the heat affected area. I couldn’t easily take a picture of the outer side bc of the seat trim.

My car is 1105 and NOT recalled. My thoughts are that both the passenger seat and drivers seat welds are on the outer side of the side plates and that the fillet weld visible on the inner side of the drivers seat is the “fix” that was made hastily during production.

Will someone with a sub 630 car post a picture of their drivers side inner weld area? I’m wondering if it has the inner fillet weld or not?

BE840602-6D51-4C05-8840-EDDF0949AB86.jpeg
that fillet weld with the blue line across it is absolutely suspect.
base on the burn black paint, the fillet weld was tacked on after the seat frame was painted. if this is true, than it's basically a contaminated weld...as all jointed parts must be grind down to metal prior to welding.

of course, I could be completely off my rockers :)

Anyways,
no way around the recall if it's deemed "safety".
if you try to run, than Honda would just notify DMV to put a stop on your registration renewal until you get the recall rectified. it's also safety cause during a race, with max compression load at bottom of hills or hard right turns, I would want a solid seat bracket (not that I'll be tracking this thang :) ) looks like I'll be waiting on a letter or a phone call.