• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

rui

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG6, AP1, FL5
Yeah, wondering why they didn't fix it between generations. It was a criticism I was hoping they'd address
It's a 4 seater on purpose. A 5 seater would need to be able to handle the weight of a 5th passenger, meaning there'd be a larger gap between curb and gross weights. That would compromise handling, as they'd need to optimize for a larger weight range.
Sponsored

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
It's a 4 seater on purpose. A 5 seater would need to be able to handle the weight of a 5th passenger, meaning there'd be a larger gap between curb and gross weights. That would compromise handling, as they'd need to optimize for a larger weight range.
Ah, good point that I (clearly) hadn't considered.

I think there was a joke about Americans and how 4 guys in a car would be over 1,000lbs...

Last edited:

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
y'all worried about the back of a seats finish...worry about acquiring a car first lol
Variety is the spice of life.

Gansan

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 NSX, 2024 Civic Type R
Interesting point, as @Toprarnen says. Bearing more weight means they would need to either

1. Increase ride height so that the springs have room to compress more with the higher load. The front would need to be raised to match, and all this would change aerodynamics and handling for the worse. People would complain about the wheel gap.

2. Put stiffer springs so they don't compress so much, which would change the ride/handling balance. They would need to stiffen the front to match.

Reactions: CTR

Type_RawR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK8 #14116 / 2008 FG2
Sooo, no middle passenger seat (thinking carseat or kids), glossy seat backs, anything else Honda totally screw up this gen? 🙄
Every single Type R model both civic and integra ever produced with the exception of the NSX R has been a 2+2 seating for weight reasons.

Riko

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.0L Turbo, CVT, Elegance trim
Yeah, wondering why they didn't fix it between generations. It was a criticism I was hoping they'd address
Why dont you just swap it over with a backseat from a normal Civic than??? 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🙄

Type_RawR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why dont you just swap it over with a backseat from a normal Civic than??? 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🙄
That's actually quite expensive, I looked into doing it to my FK8 but the total cost in parts not including my time to swap it out was a little over $2k, all the mounting holes for the seat and seat belts are there already.

Bambzolbment

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si
That's actually quite expensive, I looked into doing it to my FK8 but the total cost in parts not including my time to swap it out was a little over $2k, all the mounting holes for the seat and seat belts are there already.
If we have a 22 civic Si, can anyone tell me if I can swap out the back seats myself or without any additional cost? I'll only have an extra seat use once in a blue moon, so no serious weight concerns imho

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
If we have a 22 civic Si, can anyone tell me if I can swap out the back seats myself or without any additional cost? I'll only have an extra seat use once in a blue moon, so no serious weight concerns imho
i dont see why not. You have to swap in the seatbelt also and that would probably cost the most.

Robert.C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1, DC2-R
To permanently upgrade your Type R from a 4-seater to a 5-seater? I don't know, seems worth it to me if that's a concern to you. 🤷‍♂️

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
Why did it cost so much?

Type_RawR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Type_RawR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
To permanently upgrade your Type R from a 4-seater to a 5-seater? I don't know, seems worth it to me if that's a concern to you. 🤷‍♂️
Yeah sure it could be worth it, but keep in mind three average American adults will clip the 600ish pound cargo limit that the chassis is rated for.

Robert.C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1, DC2-R
Yeah sure it could be worth it, but keep in mind three average American adults will clip the 600ish pound cargo limit that the chassis is rated for.
Three average-sized Americans are not going to want to ride in the back of your Honda Civic. Problem solved. ;)
Sponsored