Sponsored

Journal on 2024 Civic Type R 28362

OP
OP
Evox787

Evox787

Senior Member
First Name
Elvin
Joined
Apr 9, 2024
Threads
31
Messages
511
Reaction score
349
Location
Texas
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Type R , Evo X 2010, Scion XA 2006
Build Thread
Link
You meant to say you need to have 2' (minute) of angle less to make it 0*18' (0 degree and 18minutes) - same as OE? 2 degree of toe is A LOT. 2 minutes of toe is a small amount. 26 degree of toe would literally look like this /\ pigeon toe!
This is what I meant I just want to have less of whatever is there. It was the main reason my previous set of tires got ruined. They were PS4s with 35k miles, and they were still measuring 7/32 at the time I replaced them, but they were cracked open. Don’t have the picture of the other alignment but the number on the rear that says 26 says 18 but they used civic si on the information don’t know or don’t think will be a difference there.

11th Gen Honda Civic Journal on 2024 Civic Type R 28362 IMG_4794
 

Attachments

OP
OP
Evox787

Evox787

Senior Member
First Name
Elvin
Joined
Apr 9, 2024
Threads
31
Messages
511
Reaction score
349
Location
Texas
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Type R , Evo X 2010, Scion XA 2006
Build Thread
Link
Yesterday, I received the Wunderladen camber arms, and the quality looks superb. I’m really pleased with how easy the work was compared to dealing with the suspension šŸ˜‚.

I also installed the PRL rigid collars, which turned out to be a simple enough job to tackle in the garage by myself. On the insurance side, Progressive gave me a better quote than Geico, even though I’ve been with them for 8 or 9 years. We’ll see how that goes.

Today will also be the first long run after installing everything on the car, so I’m curious to see if the setup is adequate. Next on the list is the DSC module because I don’t want to cause premature wear or damage to the OE struts and shocks. After that, I’ll decide which exhaust to install. I really want the Spoon, but the new Greddy is tempting.

11th Gen Honda Civic Journal on 2024 Civic Type R 28362 IMG_5985


11th Gen Honda Civic Journal on 2024 Civic Type R 28362 IMG_5984
 

marcusm86

Senior Member
First Name
Marcus
Joined
Dec 20, 2025
Threads
4
Messages
248
Reaction score
198
Location
Missouri
Vehicle(s)
2025 Civic Type-R
I also installed the PRL rigid collars, which turned out to be a simple enough job to tackle in the garage by myself. On the insurance side, Progressive gave me a better quote than Geico, even though I’ve been with them for 8 or 9 years. We’ll see how that goes.
what was the worst part about the rigid collars? ive been debating and definitely want to plan it around any other things that might require an alignment lol..
anyway i really came here to tell you that with my progressive policy i got to add on an additional $1000 worth of coverage for aftermarket parts w/no extra charge. you can continue to add more if you like, but definitely do the free if you get the option too!
 
OP
OP
Evox787

Evox787

Senior Member
First Name
Elvin
Joined
Apr 9, 2024
Threads
31
Messages
511
Reaction score
349
Location
Texas
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Type R , Evo X 2010, Scion XA 2006
Build Thread
Link
what was the worst part about the rigid collars? ive been debating and definitely want to plan it around any other things that might require an alignment lol..
anyway i really came here to tell you that with my progressive policy i got to add on an additional $1000 worth of coverage for aftermarket parts w/no extra charge. you can continue to add more if you like, but definitely do the free if you get the option too!
I’ll definitely consider that option for the aftermarket parts, but I’m a little worried it might raise my premium šŸ˜‚. I like to be as vague as possible because I’m afraid they might come check the car and then tell me they can’t insure it or something šŸ˜‚.

The worst part and I couldn’t say it was that bad were the rear ones. They’re, the ones marked on the picture as SRS5 and SRS2. But if you keep playing with the other bolts and use a pry bar, with just a little pressure, you can make them fit.

11th Gen Honda Civic Journal on 2024 Civic Type R 28362 IMG_5987
 

marcusm86

Senior Member
First Name
Marcus
Joined
Dec 20, 2025
Threads
4
Messages
248
Reaction score
198
Location
Missouri
Vehicle(s)
2025 Civic Type-R
I’ll definitely consider that option for the aftermarket parts, but I’m a little worried it might raise my premium šŸ˜‚. I like to be as vague as possible because I’m afraid they might come check the car and then tell me they can’t insure it or something šŸ˜‚.
I looked this up after posting here and found their info on it.
https://www.progressive.com/answers/aftermarket-car-safety-devices/

If you log onto the site and go to Update your drivers, vehicles, or coverages -> scroll down to civic and click Vehicle Coverages -> scroll to bottom to Update Coverages -> pick todays date (this doesn't matter and you can always back out of this or save later whatever) -> enter $1000 in the box under Custom parts and/or Equipment value

The worst part and I couldn’t say it was that bad were the rear ones. They’re, the ones marked on the picture as SRS5 and SRS2. But if you keep playing with the other bolts and use a pry bar, with just a little pressure, you can make them fit.
Thanks so much for the info on this - this actually helps me decide if/when i do this.. probably later down the road considering I'm about $4k in deeper than where i was expecting to be 7 months in lol.
 


OP
OP
Evox787

Evox787

Senior Member
First Name
Elvin
Joined
Apr 9, 2024
Threads
31
Messages
511
Reaction score
349
Location
Texas
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Type R , Evo X 2010, Scion XA 2006
Build Thread
Link
I looked this up after posting here and found their info on it.
https://www.progressive.com/answers/aftermarket-car-safety-devices/

If you log onto the site and go to Update your drivers, vehicles, or coverages -> scroll down to civic and click Vehicle Coverages -> scroll to bottom to Update Coverages -> pick todays date (this doesn't matter and you can always back out of this or save later whatever) -> enter $1000 in the box under Custom parts and/or Equipment value



Thanks so much for the info on this - this actually helps me decide if/when i do this.. probably later down the road considering I'm about $4k in deeper than where i was expecting to be 7 months in lol.
Thank you for the information on the insurance! I also did this mainly to fix the alignment on the front. I have to say, I didn’t quite get to the -1.5 degrees, but it was really close—going from -1.9 on one side and -1.4 to now sitting at -1.6 and -1.8 if memory serves correctly by lining the subframe and got the PRL becase the spoon do the same for double the price.

I can’t really say the car feels different or more ā€œon railsā€ yet, since I’m still trying to understand why people add the Type S module to the suspension 🤣. That said, the car feels amazing like every brand new car!

Of course, I originally planned to keep everything stock… and here we are, $5k in on wheels, tires, suspension, and adjustable parts 🤣. And that’s not even counting the coolant reservoir and all the other little upgrades. But hey, that’s the fun of the hobby!
 
OP
OP
Evox787

Evox787

Senior Member
First Name
Elvin
Joined
Apr 9, 2024
Threads
31
Messages
511
Reaction score
349
Location
Texas
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Type R , Evo X 2010, Scion XA 2006
Build Thread
Link
I didn’t really like decals on cars at first. But after I drove on COTA (not with my own car) and saw Kyle from 1320 Videos pass away, I ended up ordering some decals myself.

I also wanted to install some Spoon decals, but the only Spoon parts on my car are the oil cap, radiator cap, shift knob, and the Spoon brake reservoir condom šŸ˜‚. I honestly don’t think I’m worthy of having them on my car.

But… here they are!

11th Gen Honda Civic Journal on 2024 Civic Type R 28362 IMG_6567


11th Gen Honda Civic Journal on 2024 Civic Type R 28362 IMG_6569


11th Gen Honda Civic Journal on 2024 Civic Type R 28362 IMG_6568
 
OP
OP
Evox787

Evox787

Senior Member
First Name
Elvin
Joined
Apr 9, 2024
Threads
31
Messages
511
Reaction score
349
Location
Texas
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Type R , Evo X 2010, Scion XA 2006
Build Thread
Link
I think I found the AFD lip on Amazon. It was probably from one of the vendors, and I decided to pull the trigger because it was sold as a one-piece. But when I received it, it turned out to be the same thing—a three-piece.

I used the threaded rivet nuts that have rubber around them (I don’t know the exact name šŸ˜‚). The fit is tight and it uses a couple of the OE locations, plus I added Gorilla double-sided tape.

It looks alright for daily use. Let’s see if it lasts longer than the one before!

11th Gen Honda Civic Journal on 2024 Civic Type R 28362 IMG_6814


11th Gen Honda Civic Journal on 2024 Civic Type R 28362 IMG_6813
 
OP
OP
Evox787

Evox787

Senior Member
First Name
Elvin
Joined
Apr 9, 2024
Threads
31
Messages
511
Reaction score
349
Location
Texas
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Type R , Evo X 2010, Scion XA 2006
Build Thread
Link
So, I-35 got the best of my lip, and it didn’t last long. A pick-up truck dropped something, and I tried to avoid it. It hit the lip but thankfully missed the bumper. I completely forgot about the Anointed Aero lip until I saw on the FB Type R group that it was ready for production. Since it was going to fit my daily driver and I wouldn't have to wait long, I decided to go with this first batch of carbon and was lucky enough to secure one. He is making products for this platform, and I will always support people on this side of the pond over the JDM counterpart.

Also, I will be painting it in NH-547 to match the black on the car or get an idea to match the color of the car. It isn’t mean I don’t like the carbon look, but I don’t have anything and have no plans for it.

11th Gen Honda Civic Journal on 2024 Civic Type R 28362 IMG_6822


11th Gen Honda Civic Journal on 2024 Civic Type R 28362 IMG_6937
 
OP
OP
Evox787

Evox787

Senior Member
First Name
Elvin
Joined
Apr 9, 2024
Threads
31
Messages
511
Reaction score
349
Location
Texas
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Type R , Evo X 2010, Scion XA 2006
Build Thread
Link
I ordered these pedals, the SRP Racing SC in satin. I will not be doing the Keiichi Tsuchiya driving style 🤣 but wanted to update the footrest area of the car a little bit. Thanks to @MooMoo for the installation video; that’s the one I will be using. I already watched it, and it is the most informative one; it will be my guide when I receive the pedals and the footrest to get them installed. I’m debating the heel rest because I have the rubber mats, but probably will order it later.

11th Gen Honda Civic Journal on 2024 Civic Type R 28362 IMG_6946
 


TolgaTypeR

Member
First Name
Tolga
Joined
Oct 5, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
37
Reaction score
20
Location
TX
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Beautiful car! Where are you in TX? I'm northeast of Dallas.
 

MooMoo

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2024
Threads
25
Messages
1,472
Reaction score
1,533
Location
NY
Vehicle(s)
2024 CW FL5 Type R, 2000 S2000, 2002 Range Rover P38
I ordered these pedals, the SRP Racing SC in satin. I will not be doing the Keiichi Tsuchiya driving style 🤣 but wanted to update the footrest area of the car a little bit. Thanks to @MooMoo for the installation video; that’s the one I will be using. I already watched it, and it is the most informative one; it will be my guide when I receive the pedals and the footrest to get them installed. I’m debating the heel rest because I have the rubber mats, but probably will order it later.

IMG_6946.webp
ahha makes me happy the video is useful. Maybe it was you that used my code :D

The heel mat is super nice but yeah maybe not super necessary on the rubber mats, honestly got it so that my oem high wall mats would last a little longer and they looks sweet.

These pedals are fantastic. I have now used them on track in teh rain and really really nice and the owner is a super nice great guy.

Pics when you install em please :D I like the pattern you chose, I chose other pattern cuz wanted the most grip cuz of track
 
OP
OP
Evox787

Evox787

Senior Member
First Name
Elvin
Joined
Apr 9, 2024
Threads
31
Messages
511
Reaction score
349
Location
Texas
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Type R , Evo X 2010, Scion XA 2006
Build Thread
Link
Beautiful car! Where are you in TX? I'm northeast of Dallas.
Thanks! I’m more towards Fort Hood!


ahha makes me happy the video is useful. Maybe it was you that used my code :D

The heel mat is super nice but yeah maybe not super necessary on the rubber mats, honestly got it so that my oem high wall mats would last a little longer and they looks sweet.

These pedals are fantastic. I have now used them on track in teh rain and really really nice and the owner is a super nice great guy.

Pics when you install em please :D I like the pattern you chose, I chose other pattern cuz wanted the most grip cuz of track
Man, probably I can’t remember if that was the code I used 🤣. But definitely I will be putting updates on the pedals. I’m evaluating every mod I’m doing. I daily mine 42k just doing simple mods. For me, the car is really good; even I can’t find problems with it, even in +R mode. I’m a veteran with a bunch of back and joint problems 🤣and almost 40 years old. I even will pass on doing an exhaust because it is good for me now. I will be installing the DSC module next, but it is to pair it with the lowering springs, nothing else.
 

MooMoo

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2024
Threads
25
Messages
1,472
Reaction score
1,533
Location
NY
Vehicle(s)
2024 CW FL5 Type R, 2000 S2000, 2002 Range Rover P38
Yeah I am basically done moding the Type R and trust me, my mods are LIGHT, certainly compared to most of the people here that now have a $90000 Type R :D jk jk

But yeah I am very happy with my car. Wheels, Intake, Exhaust (I agree with you, not that good of a mod for this car but I love that I can finally hear something on track but if this car was street only, it would be a BIG SKIP for me), camber Ball Js cuz of track, springs because they look good but not needed and the DCS which is a great mod, you will love it.Then some alcantara bits on interior like steering wheel and shift boot and center console and the pedals. Oh and oem carbon wing which I think is cool.

I have not done a mod in like 7 months maybe longer, car is dialed. Only thing I will do next year is rear sway bar. Eventually if I still have the car I would love to do coilovers but might never happen really
 
OP
OP
Evox787

Evox787

Senior Member
First Name
Elvin
Joined
Apr 9, 2024
Threads
31
Messages
511
Reaction score
349
Location
Texas
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Type R , Evo X 2010, Scion XA 2006
Build Thread
Link
Yeah I am basically done moding the Type R and trust me, my mods are LIGHT, certainly compared to most of the people here that now have a $90000 Type R :D jk jk

But yeah I am very happy with my car. Wheels, Intake, Exhaust (I agree with you, not that good of a mod for this car but I love that I can finally hear something on track but if this car was street only, it would be a BIG SKIP for me), camber Ball Js cuz of track, springs because they look good but not needed and the DCS which is a great mod, you will love it.Then some alcantara bits on interior like steering wheel and shift boot and center console and the pedals. Oh and oem carbon wing which I think is cool.

I have not done a mod in like 7 months maybe longer, car is dialed. Only thing I will do next year is rear sway bar. Eventually if I still have the car I would love to do coilovers but might never happen really
I have the AFD gurney flap and really like carbon, but since my car is Boost Blue, I feel like the OE carbon doesn’t match too well. That’s why I’m going with gloss black on everything! Even the lip is going straight to the paint shop as soon as I receive it.

For my next set of brake pads, I’ll be going with the Paragon rotors (OE specs). Even though they're an "upgrade," to me it's more of a maintenance mod. I’m currently using Akebono pads, and I’ve already doubled the life over the OE ones. The rear pads only lasted me 10k, but when I washed my car last week, these were still at about 60% life! I do mostly highway driving, but my driving habits haven't changed since I got the car.

I’d love to take it to the track, but COTA is private now and the other tracks are a little far away. Plus, I'm always a little afraid of wrecking the car or someone else hitting me.
Sponsored

 
 







Top