• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Question about Installing Rear Motor Mount

OP
OP
walnut

walnut

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R CW
maybe you need to lift it from the chassis instead of the wheels
Actually ended up not needing to lift it from the back, seems like putting the transmission in reverse somehow helped line it up enough. I think I saw something similar in a Focus thread about installing rmm that the transmission needed to be in reverse. I think I'll just settle for putting back in the OEM mount and paying someone to get the PRL mount in.
Sponsored

Bigfx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 civic type r
About to do this install did anyone else have this issue? Was going to do it on ramps but maybe jackstands is a better idea?

Chilly613

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FL1 Civic Sport Touring 6MT
Build Thread
Link
About to do this install did anyone else have this issue? Was going to do it on ramps but maybe jackstands is a better idea?
I have a Sport Touring, but its pretty much the same process across all the different trims. I recently installed the PRL RMM and then switched to the Type R OEM RMM, all while using ramps. No issues, took maybe 15 minutes to do each time. When installing the new RMM, make sure you put in the vertical bolt first, but dont tighten it all the way. I then pushed up on the front pipe by hand giving me enough room to put in the bolt on the engine side. After both bolts were in, I tightened everything up and torqued to spec. Zero issues.
Sponsored

Last edited: