• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Question about Installing Rear Motor Mount

DeVo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type-R #21399 (sold). 2023 Type-R #912
Currently trying to install the PRL rmm, running into an issue 😕 I got the horizontal bolt in but the vertical bolt doesn't seem to line up with the hole in the rmm. I'm pretty sure I got the right part prl-hc11-rmm. Does the orientation of the rmm matter for the PRL rmm? Maybe I put it in upside down?
1000038213.jpg
1000038214.jpg
Looks to be upside down. This is how mine sits.
11th Gen Honda Civic Question about Installing Rear Motor Mount IMG_0835 2
Sponsored

OP
OP
walnut

walnut

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R CW
I got it out and tried again w the mount right side up.....still not aligned. Jacked up the engine a bit and still had trouble. Might end up sitting on it for a while

PointByPatrol

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
I'd recommend trying a drift through the hole to help align it. Something shifted for sure.

OP
OP
walnut

walnut

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R CW
I'd recommend trying a drift through the hole to help align it. Something shifted for sure.
I can align it with a screwdriver but the motor shifts back every time, it may be because the car isn't level, I may see what I can do to get it the car level or get a tapered drift pin to get the vertical bolt in

OP
OP
walnut

walnut

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R CW
Similar situation so far even try to get the OEM rmm in, motor wants to shift back constantly, it actually makes it harder to get the horizontal bolt in compared to with the PRL rmm

PointByPatrol

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
I can align it with a screwdriver but the motor shifts back every time, it may be because the car isn't level, I may see what I can do to get it the car level or get a tapered drift pin to get the vertical bolt in
Pry bar between the diff and subframe to push the engine forward enough to get the threads started?

OP
OP
walnut

walnut

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R CW
Pry bar between the diff and subframe to push the engine forward enough to get the threads started?
Yeah that might be the way, one of the installation videos I saw they did something similar. Currently don't have the PRL rmm in because it's a huge pain to remove so debating if I want to try with it again

OP
OP
walnut

walnut

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R CW
Also considering getting it towed just to get a shop to get the rmm in, partially since I can't work on it this weekend, and partially because I want to be able to drive it again. 😞 Does anyone know how much risk there might be getting the car towed without the rmm in?

hhkb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Also considering getting it towed just to get a shop to get the rmm in, partially since I can't work on it this weekend, and partially because I want to be able to drive it again. 😞 Does anyone know how much risk there might be getting the car towed without the rmm in?
can you put your stock one back in?

OP
OP
walnut

walnut

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R CW
can you put your stock one back in?
That's what I've been trying to part of last night, it definitely seems like the motor has shifted back a bit misaligning the vertical bolt holes. It's also actually a bit harder for some reason to just get the horizontal bolt in for the OEM vs the PRL

cryptolime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Si
you are trying to install it upside down.

put the chassis side vertical bolt in 1st. didn't even have to jack up engine doing it that way.

if it's still not lining up get a jack with a wooden block and lift on the oil pan. just be gentle.

Last edited:
OP
OP
walnut

walnut

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R CW
you are trying to install it upside down. also, put the chassis side vertical bolt in 1st. didn't even have to jack up engine doing it that way. i've switched between OEM and PRL mount several times and never had to jack up engine at all. just slid right in.
Yeah I accidentally tried to install it upside down the first time. I tried doing it right-side up last night and was running into the same issue. Might be able to try again with prying from the diff or transmission to shift the engine forward enough but it's pretty hard so far with only the front raised, might need to find a way to get the rear up safely

cryptolime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Si
Yeah I accidentally tried to install it upside down the first time. I tried doing it right-side up last night and was running into the same issue. Might be able to try again with prying from the diff or transmission to shift the engine forward enough but it's pretty hard so far with only the front raised, might need to find a way to get the rear up safely
i also had the transmission in reverse so the car wouldn't roll back. not sure if that helped line it up or not. you already have the front on jackstands. you can just jack up on the rear jack point under the rear bumper.

OP
OP
walnut

walnut

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R CW
i also had the transmission in reverse so the car wouldn't roll back. not sure if that helped line it up or not. you already have the front on jackstands. you can just jack up on the rear jack point under the rear bumper.
Actually just have it on ramps, turns out my neighbor has the same ramps I do so I should be able to get it fully level