• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

‘22 could be last all gasoline powered civic

redcivic19x

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI Sedan
https://carbuzz.com/news/2022-honda-civic-type-r-will-be-100-gasoline-powered

Came across this article and thought it was interesting. Wasn’t planning on trading in my Si, but I just might if this is the last gas powered line for the type r before they go hybrid/electric.

Anyone thinking this car could hold some value in 10 years if this is the last gas powered one made? ?
Sponsored

SuperCyan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Sedan
The last of anything usually holds decent value. So potentially, yes. It's interesting how this new generation, or first half of 11th gen will be the last gas powered. I just got my 10th gen so got a while until I'm paid off. Can't wait to see what's available 3-4 years from now

xdecemberguy

First Name
Randrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Yes. Sadly gas powered car's days are numbered. I will miss doing modifications to the motor, air intake, and adding better parts but that's progress. I haven't even looked yet to see if modifying electric car is available. The excitement of seeing who has the better build and the unknown makes roll racing exciting because of all the different configurations available. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what the future holds.
Sponsored